Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

TD-17 Discussion Topic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mc_deli View Post

Drumsplitter haven't tested the TD17
    But there are other posts on this forum saying it works
    I just ordered
    If you read jerry post (jman) it works no issue

Comment

• anyone know what internal memory TD-17 limitted to ? how many slots for one shot sample can be loaded into TD-17? thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by tivi View Post
        anyone know what internal memory TD-17 limitted to ? how many slots for one shot sample can be loaded into TD-17? thanks.
        for sample imports, 100 slots, 24 minutes in mono, 12 minutes in stereo.
        Last edited by Chris K; 10-03-18, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Chris.

Comment

• Oh the ride bell.
            Tell more ride bell stories... did you manage to fix with sensitivity tweaks or tape or what?
            Everything else is great, 2nd floor tom pdx-8 in the post... but the ride bell!

Comment

Oh the ride bell.
              Tell more ride bell stories... did you manage to fix with sensitivity tweaks or tape or what?
              Everything else is great, 2nd floor tom pdx-8 in the post... but the ride bell!
              you have cy15 ride?

Comment

Drumsplitter haven't tested the TD17
                But there are other posts on this forum saying it works
                I just ordered
                So I've incorporated 4 splitters in my setup and noticed trigger inconsistencies with the RIM side.
                • I have multiple female splitters from drumsplitters.com.
                • I am splitting Tom 1 (PDX8 - CowPaddy), Tom 2 (PDX8 - CowPaddy), Tom 3 (PDX8 - CY/8), and Aux (PDX12 - CY-12/C).
                • I have observed that when I hit one of the RIM triggers along with another trigger(that is on a separate input) only one will sound, sometimes the rim trigger and sometimes the other trigger, both triggers will not sound together. This happens on both the harness inputs and the and the Aux and Crash 2 inputs.
                • This only occurs with the RIM side the HEAD side doesn't appear to have this problem.
                What I've triedSo the issue is the splitter or the module. I haven't found a resolution yet.

Have any TD-17 owners had this problem?
                Last edited by dragonfly66; 10-31-18, 12:14 PM.
                Roland TD-17KVX ~ Gretsch Renown 10/12/14/20 ~ Gretsch USA Bronze Snare ~ Zildjian A

Comment

• I might be wrong, but as far as I know that's not a problem with your module, that's just how splitter cables work! you can't simultaneously trigger both head and rim, only head will sound > doesn't matter the module you use...

Comment

• Yep, splitters are not a great way to increase inputs. Cheap but inconsistent.
                    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gui Sepultura View Post
                      I might be wrong, but as far as I know that's not a problem with your module, that's just how splitter cables work! you can't simultaneously trigger both head and rim, only head will sound > doesn't matter the module you use...
                      Not attempting to trigger the head and rim of the same input as I figured that wouldn't work. Trying to trigger two separate inputs that have been split.

It just sounds like the splitters are not as good a solution as I'd hoped. I removed the CY-8 and the 3rd PDX-8, kept the cowpaddy for cow bell and wood block.
                      Roland TD-17KVX ~ Gretsch Renown 10/12/14/20 ~ Gretsch USA Bronze Snare ~ Zildjian A

Comment

• Originally posted by dragonfly66 View Post

Not attempting to trigger the head and rim of the same input as I figured that wouldn't work. Trying to trigger two separate inputs that have been split.

It just sounds like the splitters are not as good a solution as I'd hoped. I removed the CY-8 and the 3rd PDX-8, kept the cowpaddy for cow bell and wood block.
                        I would suggest turning Crosstalk off for everything just to verify it isn't the cause.
                        Last edited by JmanWord; 11-18-18, 02:57 AM.
                        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X