No announcement yet.

TD-17 Discussion Topic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no experience about that so someone with a TD-17/50 can tell you. I just suppose that dynamic is done by internal sounds but multilayered sounds are a different thing.
    Roland TD-12 module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal.

Comment

• Originally posted by NathanE View Post

Ok so this is like adding a single sample on top of existing sounds which adds richness but doesn't give the wide dynamic range that the multi layer sampling in the 2box that gives different sounds on different hit strength?
      it's not the same as 2box, Roland use limited layers, the sound imported is to add some background, but more usable for percussion\fx\loop, dynamic range is directly related to multilayered sample and trigger sensitivity setting.
      Last edited by Chris K; 06-08-18, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

it's not the same as 2box, Roland use limited layers, the sound imported is to add some background, but more usable for percussion\fx\loop, dynamic range is directly related to multilayered sample and trigger sensitivity setting.
        Cool, that's what I was reading, thanks for confirming.

Comment

• Hello. I need some advice.
          I own Td-12kx drum set and I am considering to replace only the module.
          Do you think Td-17 module is good replacement for td-12?
          I have some "Vexed" sounds (master picks 1&2) in my td-12 module and I play only live gigs with my td-12 kit.
          Tnx.

Comment

• I own a TD-20 which is fairly close to your TD-12 in several ways.
            I also own a TD-17.
            The 17 module is pretty light duty compared to your TD-12. 100% plastic -weighs about a pound or so.
            Like most of the cheaper modules, it would probably not do well if dropped.

I wouldn't trust it if you need to constantly set up and tear down.
            It doesn't use separate 1/4" cables, but I guess you could buy an extra harness.

The TD-17 sounds are disappointing and I'm sure a Vex-pack will be available soon, so that would help.

Comment

• Originally posted by arkaj View Post
              Hello. I need some advice.
              I own Td-12kx drum set and I am considering to replace only the module.
              Do you think Td-17 module is good replacement for td-12?
              I have some "Vexed" sounds (master picks 1&2) in my td-12 module and I play only live gigs with my td-12 kit.
              Tnx.
              What kind of material are you covering? A new/used 30 might be the smartest buy. You can continue to use your VEx packs.
              Alan

Comment

• Can TD-17KVX switch kits by hitting a pad? I know that at least TD-8, 9 and 12 had this "pad switch function", but I donīt see it in the TD-17īs manual. Iīm going to play live and I need a way to switch kits on the fly. Since TD-17 has not midi input, is there any way to do it without using a computer usb conected?

Comment

• Bluetooth midi and control via app?
                  E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rz173edtgc...14709.jpg?dl=0
                  A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?dl=0
                  TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY5/14/15, PD-8 cupholder, PM-30

Comment

• Thanks djska, it could work, anyone tried it? Latency over bluetooth? Anyway, could we confirm if the "pad switch function" is another lost feature for the TD17?

Comment

• Hi this is my first post

I'm waiting for my TD17KVX to arrive, its my first electronic drum kit and i have a question.
                      With a remo falam slam on the kick pad, can i use my iron cobra pedals (felt beaters) without causing damage to the pad?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Joao Semedo View Post
                        Hi this is my first post

I'm waiting for my TD17KVX to arrive, its my first electronic drum kit and i have a question.
                        With a remo falam slam on the kick pad, can i use my iron cobra pedals (felt beaters) without causing damage to the pad?

Thanks
                        Yes. That should work fine.
                        Alan

Comment

• Sadly, the "pad switch function" is NOT available in the TD17. An expert from Drum-Tec confirmed it. So the only way to switch kits by hitting a pad would be, like Djska sugested (thanks again), using a smartphone with an app to translate the incoming midi note sent by the pad into a program change message sent to the module. Anyone knows an android app capable to do this? (over bluetooth or usb). I tried Midicommander, but it doesnīt seem to respond to incoming midi.
                          Last edited by Bataco; 06-16-18, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X