Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

This forum is for product advice & discussion only! Do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

New Pearl Product

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Pearl Product

    from Pearl powered by Korg
    http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/e...configurations

    Wave Trigger Technology
    A revolutionary parallel sound generation process
    You may have heard of KORGís now legendary Wave Drum. When introduced it was an instrument so ahead of its time that percussionists built performances around it. The Wave Drum allowed your touch, your feel, and the vibrations you created to actually influence the tone and character of the sounds produced. Just like an acoustic instrument. But what if this was refined, new technological advancements were added, and something like this was integrated into an actual e-drum set. This is WAVE TRIGGER TECHNOLOGY. Simply put, WTT allows every nuance of your playing style, and even your choice of stick to infinitely color the sound produced.
    WTT is fast. As fast as audio. Faster than anything simply trigger based. This speed adds a realism to the playing experience never before available to the e-drummer. WAVE TRIGGER TECHNOLOGY uses parallel processing of your character and your sound and seamlessly layers it with hi definition samples of real Pearl acoustic drums to create an end result that is as much a reflection of you as with any acoustic performance. With WTT, sample layers are smoothed, latency is imperceivable, and sensitivity is on a different dimension from anything that has come before.


    PS: Using korg wavedrum tech, sound change from the surface head, sound change with physical mallet\ wood stick \brush, pressure on head, hand drumming on pad: conga\bongo as example etc





    EMMDL1-leftw745h429.jpgEMMDL1-rightw745h429.jpgEM18B.jpgEMKCPC.jpgemerge-wttw745h429.jpg New Emerge edrum kit






    31870274_10155763145242984_2675740255763562496_o.jpgImage4.jpg31732567_10155763155952984_581126839133536256_o.jpg31776206_10155763151037984_3356127164951953408_o.jpgnew2.jpgnew1.jpg






    Last edited by Chris K; 05-02-18, 01:19 PM.

  • #2
    Yes, that's what I thought, after I watched the video several times. That's indeed a big surprise. I wonder what they're coming up with. I'm very curious...
    At least it seems that these are not real size shells, so I think they will also keep their Tru Trac Pads. But that's all speculation at the moment...
    Last edited by scheinriese; 04-10-18, 03:51 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Whoo, E-Drum market is interesting these times !

      Originally posted by scheinriese View Post
      so I think they will also keep their Tru Trac Pads
      In the screens Chris posted, looks like PureTouch is written on the pads.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MaximeJ View Post
        Whoo, E-Drum market is interesting these times !


        In the screens Chris posted, looks like PureTouch is written on the pads.
        I think you are rights. From what I saw its full cage with boom arm, rubber cymbal, full kick size larger shell , with round lugs, small shell for snare\toms with round lugs as well.
        Last edited by Chris K; 04-10-18, 07:46 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          This is pretty exciting news, especially if they are releasing larger sized rubber cymbals. Might be too much to hope for a hi-hat, but I'm gonna anyway.
          Drum Lord
          Pearl Mimic on a PDP Concept Maple kit with Tru-Trac heads. Zildjian Gen-16 Cymbals
          My Homepage
          My YouTube Channel

          Comment


          • #6
            It's very hard to tell much from that video - all hype and hints, and no clear details. The ride looks promising. The kit / pads... hmmm... if real sizes (meaning proper diameters, not necessarily proper depths) are available, well okay, I'm interested. But another kit in toy-like sizes, ah, no thanks. These days, to catch my attention, new e-drum kits must have at least two things: natural sounds with no machine gunning and proper drum sizes. I liken sizes to the same importance as eliminating machine gunning. No matter how good the sounds are, if machine gunning is present, any sense of believability is destroyed. And regarding pad sizes, no matter how great the tracking and response may be, if the sizes are wrong, the playability feels off.
            Last edited by TangTheHump; 04-10-18, 11:24 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I understand but what you talked was available with drum tech and others long time ago and A to E etc.. I think at this point you should had them way before than still waiting. But I believe you are using acoustic drum much in most case and no real interest in edrum as daily usage.
              Last edited by Chris K; 04-10-18, 08:41 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Chris K,

                The thing is, putting together an entire e-kit from scratch is time consuming and costly. I know people say "the components are inexpensive", but that has not been my experience. Raw component cost is only one of the costs. When you factor in time, shipping fees, duty fees, brokerage fees, taxes, return and restocking fees, sunk costs due to items that cannot be returned and don't work the way you hoped, it's an expensive undertaking and one that eats up a lot of time. You're sourcing and prototyping and that's always time consuming and sometimes costly, too. Consider our member DIY projects here. I've seen member DIY projects that take months and sometimes years before they are completed. My next electronic kit is going to be half DIY and half off-the-shelf. But, if the e-drum companies had their act together, I'd just buy a complete off-the-shelf kit, with proper sizes and module all together. Unfortunately, no such kit exits, so it must be pieced together with components from various manufacturers and some DIY.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Everyone is different. I prefer the smaller sizes as it means I can fit more in and the smaller cymbals are fine for me also. By small I donít mean the really small ones.
                  Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TangTheHump View Post
                    Chris K,

                    The thing is, putting together an entire e-kit from scratch is time consuming and costly. I know people say "the components are inexpensive", but that has not been my experience. Raw component cost is only one of the costs. When you factor in time, shipping fees, duty fees, brokerage fees, taxes, return and restocking fees, sunk costs due to items that cannot be returned and don't work the way you hoped, it's an expensive undertaking and one that eats up a lot of time. You're sourcing and prototyping and that's always time consuming and sometimes costly, too. Consider our member DIY projects here. I've seen member DIY projects that take months and sometimes years before they are completed. My next electronic kit is going to be half DIY and half off-the-shelf. But, if the e-drum companies had their act together, I'd just buy a complete off-the-shelf kit, with proper sizes and module all together. Unfortunately, no such kit exits, so it must be pieced together with components from various manufacturers and some DIY.
                    I understand I built my own DIY with used like new CY cymbal, I had no real interest on buying full ekit because it's expensive in general, I don't see the utility at 6k for electronic kits unless you are doing often shows etc.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 04-10-18, 04:12 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mkok View Post
                      Everyone is different. I prefer the smaller sizes as it means I can fit more in and the smaller cymbals are fine for me also. By small I donít mean the really small ones.
                      I agree there is advantage some like smaller size, easier fits in smaller rooms, easy to transports etc. Roland still doing it for reason.
                      Last edited by Chris K; 04-10-18, 04:19 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TangTheHump View Post
                        Chris K,

                        The thing is, putting together an entire e-kit from scratch is time consuming and costly. I know people say "the components are inexpensive", but that has not been my experience. Raw component cost is only one of the costs. When you factor in time, shipping fees, duty fees, brokerage fees, taxes, return and restocking fees, sunk costs due to items that cannot be returned and don't work the way you hoped, it's an expensive undertaking and one that eats up a lot of time. You're sourcing and prototyping and that's always time consuming and sometimes costly, too. Consider our member DIY projects here. I've seen member DIY projects that take months and sometimes years before they are completed. My next electronic kit is going to be half DIY and half off-the-shelf. But, if the e-drum companies had their act together, I'd just buy a complete off-the-shelf kit, with proper sizes and module all together. Unfortunately, no such kit exits, so it must be pieced together with components from various manufacturers and some DIY.
                        I bought a new 7 piece pearl decade maple kit , UFO E-bridge triggers, real feel heads batter side and pearl black mesh bottoms, and UFO rim condoms rim stick protectors.
                        cost me about 2100.00 and about 6 hrs to convert. plays and triggers very nicely.
                        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          jammin777,

                          jammin777 wrote:
                          I bought a new 7 piece Pearl Decade maple kit, UFO E-bridge triggers, real feel heads batter side, Pearl black mesh bottoms, and UFO rim condoms / rim stick protectors. Cost me about 2,100.00 and about 6 hrs to convert. Plays and triggers very nicely.
                          Sounds like a fun project! I'm glad it all worked out. :-)

                          For a more reasonable estimate of total cost though, let's add the components needed for a kit at the level we're discussing, as follows:

                          DIY Drums: $2,100 USD
                          Cymbals: $1,000 to $2,000 USD
                          Module: $2,200 USD
                          Shipping and Taxes: $500 to $1,000 USD

                          At current e-drum prices, the costs add up quickly!

                          You might question the module cost, but it doesn't make sense to build a first class A2E kit and pair it with a low end module, so I think something like Pearl Mimic Pro or Roland TD-50 is the more likely situation. You could go with a low end module and trigger VST software, but then we'd end up substituting amounts to cover the module, a reasonable computer, an appropriate interface, and VST software.

                          I assumed semi-local availability of components, but depending on where on lives, this may not be the case. There may be additional costs for shipping, brokerage, import duties, and taxes. If components don't fall easily into place, the costs and time for a project like this can skyrocket.

                          I don't think it's reasonable to promote DIY as a low cost, Holy Grail solution for e-drums, because in my experience that is not the case. DIY can certainly help, but it comes with it's own set of risks, costs, and time requirements.
                          Last edited by TangTheHump; 04-11-18, 04:04 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TangTheHump View Post
                            jammin777,



                            Sounds like a fun project! I'm glad it all worked out. :-)

                            For a more reasonable estimate of total cost though, let's add the components needed for a kit at the level we're discussing, as follows:

                            DIY Drums: $2,100 USD
                            Cymbals: $1,000 to $2,000 USD
                            Module: $2,200 USD
                            Shipping and Taxes: $500 to $1,000 USD

                            At current e-drum prices, the costs add up quickly!

                            You might question the module cost, but it doesn't make sense to build a first class A2E kit and pair it with a low end module, so I think something like Pearl Mimic Pro or Roland TD-50 is the more likely situation. You could go with a low end module and trigger VST software, but then we'd end up substituting amounts to cover the module, a reasonable computer, an appropriate interface, and VST software.

                            I assumed semi-local availability of components, but depending on where on lives, this may not be the case. There may be additional costs for shipping, brokerage, import duties, and taxes. If components don't fall easily into place, the costs and time for a project like this can skyrocket.

                            I don't think it's reasonable to promote DIY as a low cost, Holy Grail solution for e-drums, because in my experience that is not the case. DIY can certainly help, but it comes with it's own set of risks, costs, and time requirements.
                            yea i understand what you are saying, i wasn't thinking about cymbals and all other components, lol basically meant if someone such as me that has everything. i sold my kd120, 2 pd105 and 3 pd125 to fund most of what i did. basically just a drum pad swap and a few hundo extra..

                            and i agree that in some countries there are import duties , brokerage and such.
                            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Btw look like maybe new module will be available as well if you see the chrome knob



                              received_10155711594972984.jpeg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X