Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

New GEWA-DW G9 E-Drum Workstation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets see how it is when it is offiically released.. I think we all , myself included , are brutal with these manufacturers. We haunt them for a release date and videos unmercifully and then when they release some vids prematurely to basically shut us up and keep us hooked so to speak, we critique them even worse. Tough crowd, really, to please.
    Last edited by hemiboy; 01-31-19, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Why is it the trend these days to follow the hype marketing that NFUZD tried coming up with?

Didn't work too well for them.... Anybody seen a module/kit used in real life lately?
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

• Originally posted by hemiboy View Post
        Lets see how it is when it is offiically released.. I think we all , myself included , are brutal with these manufacturers. We haunt them for a release date and videos unmercifully and then when they release some vids prematurely to basically shut us up and keep us hooked so to speak, we critique them even worse. Tough crowd, really, to please.
        Agreed. I will validate your observation by saying the demo on page 28 post #410 is the worst demo I've seen yet for a number of reasons most notably bad sounds and bad triggering. And the second demo wasn't good either imo. The players looked somewhere between miserable and stupefied. They needed a hug. Perhaps I'm not being brutal just brutally honest.

How much further can GEWA go if g9 has already been designed, recorded and built? I'm all for them getting it right. It's just that I was thinking of getting one of these and now Neil Peart performing YYZ perfectly on it couldn't undo these videos for me. I guess I'm disappointed. If I was The Great Zambeenie I'd say there's a Mimic in many a man's future.
        Last edited by Howstamychi; 02-01-19, 02:29 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by hemiboy View Post
          Lets see how it is when it is offiically released.. I think we all , myself included , are brutal with these manufacturers. We haunt them for a release date and videos unmercifully and then when they release some vids prematurely to basically shut us up and keep us hooked so to speak, we critique them even worse. Tough crowd, really, to please.
          I agree. People just piled on Alesis after the Strike announcement about how it was BS, Vaporware, etc, and now half the people on my metal drum group posting videos are playing Strike kits. Going just from that it's been a FAR bigger seller than I expected.
          Roland TD -12 & Korg Electribe ESX with a custom configuration of Roland pads, Gibralter rack, DW 5000 pedals, Macbook Pro, 1 titanium reinforced Tibia and a very ugly disposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ_Zombot View Post

I agree. People just piled on Alesis after the Strike announcement about how it was BS, Vaporware, etc, and now half the people on my metal drum group posting videos are playing Strike kits. Going just from that it's been a FAR bigger seller than I expected.
            Fair enough. I was venting because I had my kit posted on Craigslist for a few days thinking GEWA was going to be amazing which is me being compulsive, impulsive and generally dumb. Waiting for official release before judging is prudent and the point I ignored although I wouldn't dare sell my e kit now even if, let's hope, the GEWA de-bugged and dialed in is a winner. At this point with the recent rage of real time AU hosts, DSP thunderbolt 3 audio interfaces, USB3 SS MIDI interfaces, lightening fast Macs and superior software, latency is no longer an issue. Triggering an AU/VST can be faster than an audio to digital conversion. Can be and you still need the module plus extra, usually expensive gear. And your rig becomes un-roadworthy if you will. I am either triggering or using VEX for the module and hybridizing. So Gewa de-bugged and dialed in could wind up an excellent trigger and ripe for third party sound packs. I am grateful I got to see see the videos.
            Last edited by Howstamychi; 02-01-19, 06:07 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• Originally posted by perceval View Post
              Why is it the trend these days to follow the hype marketing that NFUZD tried coming up with?

Didn't work too well for them.... Anybody seen a module/kit used in real life lately?
              Gewa is worst actually, with misleading info\undelivered time (or intentionally speculation\ lying), still old misleading video on the web, mixed with fact price announced at early beginning at drumtech and denied, now even higher priced then before. Justin had cut many parts on his video, he just keep the sound which sounded the best, other sound where rough, he was not impressed overall. At this point everything is done as product design and sound, they have not advanced since their announcement, it's still all buggy platform, there is many things not working atm outside from video on triggering. I know these things since months before from people who tested.

Reliable company like Roland and others take about 1 years to fix and find new fix after release, gewa is not even at a stage of working and optimized product, outside all issue will happens after release. I don't see this product fully mature before end of 2020. The product will be released in Europe at first, the rest is nothing sure.

NFUZD that was a bit predictable.
              Last edited by Chris K; 02-01-19, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ_Zombot View Post

Don't compare well know companies with it's own customer, own price, own failure and supports service. Gewa is 3x priced and don't sound better and using about the same platform type with less feature. Gewa should be compared to Roland, which is not even close more then 30 years reputation, world wide distribution, own customers, triggering system, proof quality etc. They need to match Roland, those sound you heard can be made on Roland platform.
                Last edited by Chris K; 02-01-19, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                  Gewa is worst actually, with misleading info\undelivered time or intentionally lying, still old misleading video on the web, mixed with fact price announced at early beginning at drumtech and denied, now even higher priced then before.
                  so, they hype Nfuzd and lie like Alesis. I remember Alesis lying about having the kit ready with only the cymbals needing some tweaking.... Yet, the module shown was an empty box, with an iPhone showing screen pictures!

i don't know why the need to lie, since in the end, they did deliver a module and kit at a reasonable price.

I guess i just just don't understand today's marketing values and aims....
                  DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

• We don't want to get accused of censoring, so we are not going to delete any posts at this time, BUT, I have received more than one complaint/comment about how this thread is going.

While I personally agree with multiple views of what has been stated by many of you, I would just ask that we return to a more professional decorum. There is no need to call anyone liars, etc. just yet, where GEWA is concerned. Instead, these types of comments can be stated in a more respectful and professional manner. Points have been made, and may be (some are) very accurate, but let's be more kind about how we state them for the sake of our forum reputation.

This is all we ask. Otherwise, we will have to close the thread if we receive another warranted complaint moving forward.

Thank you for understanding.
                    Alan
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• I'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

All these negativity is not helping. Let us wait until we can actually spend time with the product instead of nagging about video's, prices etc (of a product that hasn't see the actual daylight in stores).
                      www.musiqsoundsproductions.com

https://www.facebook.com/HilinMusic

Comment

• When It comes out I will more than happy to give it a try. It looks promising to me. I'm not a big tweaker of sounds unless I really want to. I would rather buy tweaked sounds amd then gently tweak what I bought. At least with what I buy (Vex and Drum-tec sounds) It gets me in the ballpark so I can get the final sound.
                        I'm really looking forward to giving the produst a shot.

Comment

Working...
                        X