Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ē The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

New GEWA-DW G9 E-Drum Workstation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something I read on Facebook E-Drums World about the GEWA Kit:
    And no more DW branding either...
    "What we have launched in Frankfurt was our concept study of the G9. As GEWA and DW are partners in a drum factory we where thinking of using the DWe shells. After we did some presentation to artists we have been confronted with the situation that artists who are not DW artists (ex Pearl, Tama etc) won't be able to use those shells. Therefore we've decided to switch the brand on the shells to GEWA which is a neutral name and everyone can use it. There won't be DW shells"
    Last edited by JmanWord; 12-15-18, 11:42 PM.
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
      Something I read on Facebook E-Drums World about the GEWA Kit:
      And no more DW branding either...
      "What we have launched in Frankfurt was our concept study of the G9. As GEWA and DW are partners in a drum factory we where thinking of using the DWe shells. After we did some presentation to artists we have been confronted with the situation that artists who are not DW artists (ex Pearl, Tama etc) won't be able to use those shells. Therefore we've decided to switch the brand on the shells to GEWA which is a neutral name and everyone can use it. There won't be DW shells"
      They just removed the branding, from what I could tell. Thatís what I thought, anyway.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.MM91 View Post

The kit in the video, including Cymbals, hardware and the module has a SRP exkl. VAT 5096,00 $

SRP for the G9 Module is 2200 $ exkl VAT

We will first start selling the G9 in Europe. Other countries will follow.
        Will this be at NAMM next week? If so,what booth?

Comment

• For me the DW branding and looks were something I actully loved about these. Iím personally not a fan of the new look.
          www.musiqsoundsproductions.com

https://www.facebook.com/HilinMusic

Comment

• If this is it I'm quickly losing interest...

Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

• Originally posted by molson View Post
              If this is it I'm quickly losing interest...

Oh boy. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't imagine Gewa wanted anyone to see that but I'm just guessing.
              Last edited by Howstamychi; 01-28-19, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• The true story about this, I did not talked about this before which I knew all this, but now since the video is out, it's still buggy, average triggering, hihat not much operative, and sound average, I know one guy tested when they show it before, and it's still at the same stage since early announcement. dynamic, triggering, leave to be desired, and the sound was ok, but not great. The cymbal feel are hard and loud, touchscreen not always responsive, sometime it need 4-5 click before it works, there is loading as well etc...

Ps: One person tested at namm, on 65 drums facebook, these same issue appears on his test.
                Last edited by Chris K; 01-29-19, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Iíve said it all along... simply eye candy... nothing more.
                  Alan

Comment

• This gonna save us a lot of money ...

Comment

• I am happy for Sergey and his dedicated team that the MIMIC is still the CHAMP, just move along with the Mimic and enjoy every minute with it ;-)

Comment

• I contacted GEWA about the DWe logo and badge and they said "What we have launched in Frankfurt was our concept study of the G9. As GEWA and DW are partners in a drum factory we where thinking of using the DWe shells. After we did some presentation to artists we have been confronted with the situation that artists who are not DW artists (ex Pearl, Tama etc) wonít be able to use those shells. Therefor weíve decided to switch the brand on the shells to GEWA which is a neutral name and everyone can use it. There wonít be DW shells. Thank you" after hearing the kit at namm maybe DW didn't want their name on the drums lol

Comment

• ^ Thatís exactly what I said in another post a few weeks back. Itíll probably be the exact same shells; just different badges, rims, and lugs. (hardware) They are keeping the rack, from what I understand; but it wouldnít surprise me if they change the clamps.
                          Alan

Comment

• Seems like the G9 still needs far more development and won't be finished for at least another year then. Oh boy.

Even if I gave triggering performance benefit of the doubt (since the Mimic Pro wasn't exactly triggering perfectly in it's early videos either) this is not sonically close to the Mimic Pro currently.

The samples are a mixed bag, some of the snares could work but the hi-hat is grating. It also doesn't sound like the mixing is all that together? bit slapdash. Early verdict is that this is a very flashy Alesis Strike Pro at eye-watering cost.
                            ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                            Community Drum Module Document
                            PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

• I wonder if DW will sell pads with their logo. donít forget there is the DW web oage that says coming summer 2019. I am not a DW fan boy ( I do have 4 kits ) but 90% of my work is on the TD 50 but I do not like the GEWA lugs and badge as much as the DW

Comment

• Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                                Seems like the G9 still needs far more development and won't be finished for at least another year then. Oh boy.
                                I kind of got the feeling at the beginning it was presented half way through its development. I thought this because they weren't showcasing kits. Actually, they weren't showcasing ANY kits for the first several months. Then, I think they had a video or two with one kit? Nothing in the first video release even said we were hearing the actual module. It was just a background soundtrack.

From all the things I've been told over the past week (and seen), it looks like they simply didn't have patience, and threw premature vaporware out on the market to see if people liked it. The worst part is, this is actually very bad for their reputation, if they don't bring this thing to market in the next 12-18 months. People will simply move on - but remember. It doesn't take too much to burn bridges with consumers in this market.

Originally posted by insight29 View Post
                                I wonder if DW will sell pads with their logo. donít forget there is the DW web oage that says coming summer 2019. I am not a DW fan boy ( I do have 4 kits ) but 90% of my work is on the TD 50 but I do not like the GEWA lugs and badge as much as the DW
                                I think DW is waiting out Roland patents. They are probably ready to roll, but this is may be the only thing holding them back. I really liked and wanted the DW kit when I saw it, but I also really want traditional ratio sized shell depths. (just smaller ratio to real kit size) Thus, I will likely go ATV or DIY when I finally move to a conversion. The DW kit looks amazing, but I think they're really cutting themselves short by not using sizes like ATV.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X