Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

The secret of becoming a good edrummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The secret of becoming a good edrummer

I had my brain x-rayed while I was playing a gig and the result and the reason why I play my edrums the way I do and know how to incorporate outboard gear in conjunction to get great sounds was revealed to me:

And this is why: http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/sh...threadid=11328

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Very neuronic!
    Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

What I can't believe is that 80 people have followed your link there!!
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Does it say violence on the bottom of your brain?

Comment

I always thought it would be a good idea to be a decent acustic drummer first. But now I see the errors of my thinking.

ThaNKS sZVOOK !

Hey Arriguy, Did you go to High School at Walton ??

I knew a dude named ARRI who was a kick ass drummer (AND A TON OF KICK ASS EQUIPIMENT) and I have always wondered if it was you ??

Comment

Sorry, that's not me suuntov. I went to Hapeville High.
            The Arri part of my screen name is related to my business. Arri is short for Arriflex, a brand of motion picture camera.

Comment

Cool. The Mystery Ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Arriguy:
                Does it say violence on the bottom of your brain?
                Yup

------------------
                szvook
                Studio

Comment

So, electrons and violence. Thats a good combination. Maybe I'll try that.

Comment

Still haven't tried the violence part, yet. I'll get right on that.

Comment

Play a few gigs while people are trying to get close to your edrums, trying to touch them or my favorite lean on them and the violence will self-evolve. I had one gig where a coupe of girls leaned on my rig and pulled the whole rack down. Cables were flying out of the pads/cymbals not to mentioned out of my outboard gear and TD-8 since then I use extra drum sticks to throw them at people (since I do not break sticks, I have found a new life for them to keep people away).

------------------
                      szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited December 16, 2001).]
                      Studio

Comment

I wish a couple of girls would lean on my rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman:
                          I wish a couple of girls would lean on my rig.
                          I had a girl reach over a rail near the stage (in a tight venue) and hit the upper keys on one of my keyboards once. It was in between songs and I gestured at my crotch and said (over the PA), "Now that you've played my piano, let's see what you can do with my organ."

Comment

I can think of a few drum equipment analogies (stick, beater, etc), but I'll leave it at that. I don't think they usually mean any harm when they do that stuff. I think they are either drunk or stupid or horny. A combination of all three is what I call "the holy grail".

Comment

Yeah, LOL, I don't know which was more annoying, having someone paw my keys, or not having her take me up on my proposal. In either event, neither really bothered me. Just another tenuously relevant anecdote.

Just for the record, just about anyone with a reasonably apparent degree common sense is generally welcome to play my drums (within reason and when time/circumstance allows) at my discretion. However, when I am working is almost never an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X