No announcement yet.

Mimic Pro Instrument Decoding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listening to both the L and R samples, one (I think r, but I don't remember which) many times had more attack. So now I don't know what to think...
    Last edited by thebigzw; 03-17-18, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Well....should we guess a bit more?

About the PST 18 L PWC Crash.
      I would guess it is the 18" "POWER CRASH" of the of PAISTE red 2002 series. We have also the 19" PWC PAISTE "POWER CRASH" 2002 red series.
      http://www.paiste.com/e/cymbals.php?...ory&menuid=257

The "PST 22 PWR" ride would then be of course the 22" PAISTE "Power Ride" also from the red 2002 series, makes sense.
      http://www.paiste.com/e/cymbals.php?...ory&menuid=256

Listen to the samples from PAISTE.

Another decoding of a snare:
      "Snare Tma 6 BBR" I am sure itīs the TAMA 14"x6" STARPHONIC Bell Brass snare.

Does that make sense to anyone else?
      Last edited by spitfirejoe; 03-22-18, 11:26 AM.

Comment

That looks good to me. I'll update the last when I get home. I've been meaning to look at the companies product lines and see what I can come up with

Comment

Still trying to figure out what the HUR snare is. I sure find myself liking it either alone or at least layered into another snare. I am building one kit with that snare as a layer with one of the pearl snares, and it re ally adds a lot of snap. I don't really know that it matters that much what any of these drums are, but thee is a picture that forms in my mind when I'm playing that somehow seems to influence me.

I am sure that pearl can't call our the actual product for trademark reasons

I also know that when you get into mixing these made up kits into a song, it Really doesn't matter the brand or model.

Yet... Somehow I care.
          My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

Originally posted by thebigzw View Post

it came up on another thread that the v in this case was vintage, but I'm with you, I'd like to know what these actually are.

I understand not being able to put it in the module itself, but why not somewhere online?
            They can't display it anywhere, plain and simple - not on a display, not in an ad, not in a manual, etc, etc.. If a trademark is copyrighted, it's covered, no matter where.
            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

The "Snare Snr 6 ART" snare is most probably the SONOR 14"x6" maple snare AS12 1406 CM from the ARTIST series.

The "Snare Snr 6 PLS" snare I guess would be the SONOR 14"x6" brass snare from the PROLITE series.

The "Kick Snr 22 PLS" Kick is the SONOR 22"x17,5" maple kick from the PROLITE series

The "Kick Snr 22 SQB" Kick is most probably a 22"x18" beech wood kick from the SQ2 series ( since the SQ2 series is very customizable itīs only a guess, because if "SQB" would mean the SQ1 series, than it would be a 22"x17,5" birch wood kick, but I don't think that this one is birch )
              Last edited by spitfirejoe; 03-23-18, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blades View Post
                Still trying to figure out what the HUR snare is. I sure find myself liking it either alone or at least layered into another snare. I am building one kit with that snare as a layer with one of the pearl snares, and it re ally adds a lot of snap. I don't really know that it matters that much what any of these drums are, but thee is a picture that forms in my mind when I'm playing that somehow seems to influence me.

I am sure that pearl can't call our the actual product for trademark reasons

I also know that when you get into mixing these made up kits into a song, it Really doesn't matter the brand or model.

Yet... Somehow I care.
                i think the HUR 7 snare is premier i was wondering too and google it and premier make a HUR 7 snare

sorry i think i was wrong, chris found it is from drum lab

http://heuersdrumlab.com/
                Last edited by jammin777; 07-13-18, 09:30 AM.
                Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
                X