Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ē The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Roland TD50KV or Pearl Mimic Pro with ATV aDrums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD50KV or Pearl Mimic Pro with ATV aDrums?

Im considering selling my entire Roland set up - TD50KV, and buying the ATV aDrums standard kit and a Mimic Pro to replace it.
    Ive really grown weary of the TD50 even with Superior Drummer, the hi hat is still an issue.
    I can't find anywhere local that stocks the ATV kit for me to try it, so I'm hoping to get some input from forum members who have experience with both.
    Any input greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

What issues are you having with the VH-13 HiHat? I currently have both the ATV aDrums and the TD50KV, I may be able to help. I recently sold my Mimic as it was not meeting my current needs and was missing some features plus I had to thin down my eKit arsenal.
    ATV aDrums, aD5, Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by pro60 View Post
      Im considering selling my entire Roland set up - TD50KV, and buying the ATV aDrums standard kit and a Mimic Pro to replace it.
      Ive really grown weary of the TD50 even with Superior Drummer, the hi hat is still an issue.
      I can't find anywhere local that stocks the ATV kit for me to try it, so I'm hoping to get some input from forum members who have experience with both.
      Any input greatly appreciated.
      Thank you!
      You will not get the same reaction of hihat with sd3 compare to mimic, I have sd3 and it does not respond as in MIMIC direct, with my td-15, the hihat on vst is the most common issue with calibration and are more complicated. The advantage of adrum, you will not get the hot spot, and more dynamic range, but you could only buy the ATV snare and larger ride hihat and use the rest with your existent kit, just selling the digital pack, and keep the rest.
      Last edited by Chris K; 01-04-19, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post
        What issues are you having with the VH-13 HiHat? I currently have both the ATV aDrums and the TD50KV, I may be able to help. I recently sold my Mimic as it was not meeting my current needs and was missing some features plus I had to thin down my eKit arsenal.
        VH 13 with Superior Drummer 3.0 still has issues, transitions from closed to open are not smooth and I just don't like the internal sounds of the TD50. VEX kits are a huge improvement but still has that TD50 sound. Those are the 2 main issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

You will not get the same reaction of hihat with sd3 compare to mimic, I have sd3 and it does not respond as in MIMIC direct, with my td-15, the hihat on vst is the most common issue with calibration and are more complicated. The advantage of adrum, you will not get the hot spot, compare to TD-50KV, but you could only buy the ATV snare and larger ride hihat and use the rest with your existent kit, just selling the digital pack, and keep the rest, I have saw many selling Digital pack and never looked back.
          yeah, I saw Peter Warrens video of the Mimic with ATV hi hat, i can't get that smoothness with SD3 and the VH13.
          You may be right, i could just sell the digital pack and buy a new snare and ride.
          How much are people selling the used digital pack for?

Comment

Double post.
            Last edited by Chris K; 01-04-19, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Peter warren reported the same with SD3, could not get the same as internal mimic with hihat, well if new is 3200, you can set a price that you would feel comfortable, how about 2500.
              well, that would pay for the Mimic with some $$ left over.

Comment

well, that would pay for the Mimic with some $$ left over.
                you can get now mimic at 1900 usd at edrumcenter, 4 left..if you sell it at 2500 you can buy the hihat ,and still some left.
                Last edited by Chris K; 02-24-18, 03:20 AM.

Comment

I had the TD50 with VH13 and now have the the Mimic with ATV Hi hat and ride. The hi hat is light years better than the TD50. The ATV ADRUM kit is exceptional. The feel is closer to an acoustic kit than anything else out there. The Mimic is an incredible module with a long term future.

Comment

I also sold the Roland digital pack plus VH13 to get the Mimic,and ATV ride and hi hat. I wanted a 14 inch snare so I had drone trigger make a high quality 10 arm trigger. I still prefer the ATV snare but hope for a 14 inch version. I was told at NAMM that " I may not be disappointed" in hoping for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                      I had the TD50 with VH13 and now have the the Mimic with ATV Hi hat and ride. The hi hat is light years better than the TD50. The ATV ADRUM kit is exceptional. The feel is closer to an acoustic kit than anything else out there. The Mimic is an incredible module with a long term future.
                      That makes me want to sell the whole kit and start over.
                      could I get 5500 for a lightly used TD50kv?

Comment

That would be the best way to go because you get a substantial discount on the ATV full kit vs pieces.

Comment

Do you like the feel of Roland's mesh pads? From my experience the aDrums are a little bouncier than Roland's. Part of it maybe ATV's mesh head design and the other contributing factor is their piezos are around the edge of the drum, whereas Roland's are in the center which helps dampen the bounce.
                          Last edited by Chance27; 02-23-18, 03:40 PM.
                          ATV aDrums, aD5, Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance27 View Post

Do you like the feel of Roland's mesh pads? From my experience the aDrums are a little bouncier than Roland's. Part of it maybe ATV's mesh head design and the other contributing factor is their piezos are around the edge of the drum, whereas Roland's are in the center which helps dampen the bounce.
                            I donít dislike the Roland mesh pads, they are more bouncy than accoustic drums for sure, havenít been able to find an ATV kit to try out.

Comment

I donít dislike the Roland mesh pads, they are more bouncy than accoustic drums for sure, havenít been able to find an ATV kit to try out.
                              you can change head with others company for snare at worst.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smj5-bfBaPM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9td_...aK8DZWHkT2x8if

Comment

Working...
                              X