Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

ATV aD5 Sound Store has been Quiet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I CAN'T WAIT to hear the new sounds.
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
      I CAN'T WAIT to hear the new sounds.
      It should be very interesting for sure. Canopus is renown for high end drums, so I hope the samples live up to that reputation. I can't imagine they'd put their name on anything less.
      Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

This is a pleasant surprise.
        ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

i could tell them where to stick their canopus if they wont present the "link" output expansion and the editor software.

Comment

Originally posted by docdoghouse View Post
            i could tell them where to stick their canopus if they wont present the "link" output expansion and the editor software.
            Exactly. After a whole year this is their big news in regards to the store? At this point I'd rather see them get bought by or "merge" with a company that has more resources to deliver products.

Comment

I tried the Canopus snare samples today and they were amazing sounding and playing! It was right after I played the TD27 and such a breath of fresh air to play a very real hi fidelity snare sample.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                I tried the Canopus snare samples today and they were amazing sounding and playing! It was right after I played the TD27 and such a breath of fresh air to play a very real hi fidelity snare sample.
                Thanks for sharing with us, Peter! By the way, how many new samples (canopus) are already installed on the module?
                Did they mention anything about the a-link (maybe to expand number of inputs)?

Thanks a lot e and have fun there

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                  Peter, can you elaborate more on the samples? Did they have any room ambience? Did the new samples appear to have more layers? Was there any machine gunning?
                  ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

The 3 snares they are demoing are:

Zelkova 14"x 6.5"
                    ROF 14"x 6"
                    TYPE-R 14" x 6.5"

All very expensive snares. I'm really happy to hear Peter say they sound and play great.

According to their comments on Facebook, there is no release schedule yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                      Are the much better than other ATV snares? Do you think they invested more time in these new samples in terms of more round robins and layers?
                      Last edited by jpsquared482; 01-17-20, 01:08 PM.
                      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Can I upload samples for exs or only those prepared sets for exs? what is the future of the sound store for the exs series? if I could prepare an acrylic kit and upload it to exs, I would spend money on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrashTheRide View Post
                          Can I upload samples for exs or only those prepared sets for exs? what is the future of the sound store for the exs series? if I could prepare an acrylic kit and upload it to exs, I would spend money on it.
                          As of right now, you can not load custom sounds on any of the ATV modules. The sound store is the only place to get sounds.

Comment

• Chance27 wrote
                            As of right now, you can not load custom sounds on any of the ATV modules. The sound store is the only place to get sounds.
                            As I understand the ATV Sound Store purchasing process, it's restrictive, because the sounds are locked to specific modules. When you download sounds, you specify the unique Product ID of a given module. The Product ID is built into the digital license that downloads with the sounds, so those sounds will only import into that specific module. Per Molson's post below, you can register up to two modules of the same type and download and generate sounds / licenses for them. Thus, after paying for sounds, you can load those sounds into two modules.

If a module breaks down, you can ask ATV to de-register the broken module, allowing you to register the replacement and generate sounds / licenses without re-buying the sounds.

What happens if you have more than two modules of the same type (such as three aD5 or three xD3)? I don't know. That situation doesn't seem to be covered.

It's important to note that despite the licensing flexibility offered, you're still not buying sounds. Rather, you're renting sounds for an unlimited period of use on specific modules ATV authenticates. Without ATV authentication, you have no sounds. So in future, if you buy an ATV module and ATV authentication is not available, any sounds you purchased previously are gone. Ditto when buying a used module with extra sounds loaded; if those sounds become corrupted / lost, you have no way to restore them unless the seller provided the files / licenses to you when you purchased the module. And should the used module need replacement, it's likely you've lost your sounds.
                            Last edited by TangTheHump; 01-21-20, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• yep, you can't exchange bought sounds between modules, there's a 'digital fingerprint' added somewhere in the soundfile
                              with the module serial number ..
                              Last edited by Ericdrumz; 01-23-20, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• It's actually tied to your account. You can register up to 2 modules (per model) on an account. Both can use the purchased sounds. ATV will remove an old registration at your request if you need to replace a module. I ran into this when I purchased a 2nd module. Registering it and re-downloading the sounds allowed me to import them in the 2nd module.

The tricky part is if you buy a "loaded" module 2nd hand. I'm not sure if there's any way to transfer the license for the sounds unless the previous owner gives you his account.

This is from the ATV Sound Store Product Registration page: "*A maximum of two of the same models may be registered by one account."
                                Last edited by molson; 01-21-20, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X