Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

ATV aD5 Sound Store has been Quiet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had pretty good success setting up an AD5 kit live with kick panned to one side and everything else to the other. I added reverb on everything else. You could also run the stereo outs to a reverb and cut everything in the reverb at 200 or 250 hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Snyder View Post
      We have all different kinds of instruments, and they’ll keep coming.

Let us us know what sounds you want and we’ll add them to the list!
      My wish list includes some Meinl Byzance Extra Dry cymbals. I think they would fit really well with the aD5.

Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Snyder View Post
        We have all different kinds of instruments, and they’ll keep coming.

Let us us know what sounds you want and we’ll add them to the list!

i, personally, have more fun playing and soloing with the aD5 and aDrums than with any other edrum kit I’ve every played!
        Brushes please...

The AD5 with aDrums is a great acoustic drum emulator, but I really need some samples played with brushes for my current project.
        I know the brush strokes are technically challenging, but brush hits (as available through various VSTs) would be a real asset within the module.

Many thanks.

Comment

I'd like a Danny Carey-style snare with the snares off.
          ATV aD5, 5-piece A2E Conversion, Roland and Yamaha cymbals, Goedrum GH6 hi hat, ProMark Shira Kashi sticks.

Comment

A 24” bass drum would be nice. I have a nice 13”x7” Tama Star maple snare I would love for them to sample.
            ATV aDrums, aD5, Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

More snares and more rides - I'll buy them all

Comment

A Black Beauty 6.5x14 please, nothing tuned up too high, medium would be good.

Actually, while you're at it, why not both - a medium-tuned and a high-tuned Black Beauty???
                Last edited by jpsquared482; 11-24-18, 08:15 AM.
                ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

No Black Friday Specials this year. Maybe Cyber Monday?
                  ATV aDrums, aD5, Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by skhan007 View Post
                    First experience with the Sound Store today. I registered my module incorrectly and had mis-typed the product ID. I figured this out when I didn't have "permission" to import (I got an error message when I tried to import a new kick, snare, and ride). I then re-registered with the correct product ID number and re-downloaded my files on the SD card, deleting the initial files I had downloaded earlier. I sent an email to ATV and Scott asking to kindly delete my original incorrect product ID from my profile.

In any case, I'm now really enjoying my new "Rocky Road" kit, after getting my new instruments imported. I just got my aD5, so I'm getting to know all my kits (I have 13so far):
                    The factory five (True Acoustic, Vintage Studio, Metal 9000, Legacy Jazz, Real Groove) plus Unplugged, Pop Life, Neo R&B, Dry Oxnard, Bebop 64, Alt Rock, Rocky Road, and Classic 70's.

Loving it so far and the Sound Store is very cool. I think I may pick up that YM 14x3.5 piccolo snare at some point.
                    Hi... I’m considering purchasing a kit and (please excuse the uninformed question), where does one purchase the kits that you mentioned? I see only instuments listed in the sound store... no assembled “kits”. Do you purchase the “sounds” (instruments) first and if so where do the “kits” originate? I have seen their names mentioned and DrumTec has some nice demos of some of them but I would like to know how I can get the kits if I end up purchasing a set.

Thank you for any info in advance!

Curt
                    Last edited by curtusua; 01-10-19, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Yes, you purchase individual instruments. The kit configuration files can be downloaded from the ATV support site.

Comment

Thanks very much... I just found the information on their website. I appreciate the info...

Comment

I am a little disappointed in the Sound Store. ATV only introduced 7 new sounds for all of 2018. Although the samples are excellent I wish they would be more consistent in launching new sounds to the store. The lack of being able to customize sounds on the aD5 means we are at the mercy of ATV to grow our sound library. They need to be more focused on growing the library in 2019. You would think it would be a good money maker for them.

I would really like to have an open 24” kick to add to my sound collection. Maybe NAMM 2019 will bring about some new sounds to the aD5.

Comment

Same - I love the Sound Store concept but new content is really sporadic, which is a shame.

On another note, I never noticed the full kits for the new, cheaper modules before. That intrigues me. Would love to see full kits for the aD5 - they could add in overheads and room mics in that scenario and really take the sounds to the next level.

Comment

Working...
                            X