Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Drumset Notation software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumset Notation software?

Hello all,
    Been awhile. Hope all are doing well.
    Could someone tell me of some decent drum notation software? Preferable standalone from all the multi-tracking stuff that usually accompanies them. I would like to use it primarily for teaching and my handwriting skills, shall we say, stink. Somthing for complete drumset would be great.
    Thanks in advance

------------------
    Kyle Davids
    Lefty's Hip Pocket
    My Inspiration

Did that, Came up with zip.
    Thats why I posted again.
    Anyone?
    Kyle Davids
    Lefty's Hip Pocket
    My Inspiration

Comment

Sorry no one has answered you yet.

I use Cakewalk's Scorewriter. When I bought it it was about $70, but you can get it now for about $40.

It takes a little to get used to, but once you get comfortable with it it goes pretty quick. If you know something about MIDI you will learn it faster. If not it may take a little to get that part figured out (You'll only need to know that if you want your scores to play on the V-drum module, or using your PC soft synth).

I don't know of anything better for $40, and it works great for me for the same reasons you will be using it for.

Comment

I've been using cakewalk to program studies from chaffee's pattern series... but man I would love to find something that can do odd note groupings like 5's, 7's, etc. I wonder what Modern Drummer Magaine uses to score out drum charts...

I've heard some Zappa midi files with wicked odd note polyrythms... dunno how they programmed it though.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sky10:
          Hello all,
          Been awhile. Hope all are doing well.
          Could someone tell me of some decent drum notation software?

Sibelius 2 great program. Call them for a free demo CD 1888-474-2354

Comment

Working...
          X