Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Behringer Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Mixer

i was wondering if anyone has used a behringer MX602A Eurorack mixer.
    i need to know if this little thing is worth it or if i should go with something else like mackie.

Originally posted by ADD:
    i need to know if this little thing is worth it or if i should go with something else like mackie.
    Check out my previous post on mixers and compressors

Comment

I haven't read mfmia's posts on mixers, but the story I heard on the behringer mixers is that they use many of the same parts as the Mackie's. They are a foriegn company that puts out quality products for low prices, because they spend zero dollars on advertising.

This info I got comes from a pretty trusted source, but I can't guarentee that it's correct. Anyone that knows otherwise is welcome to post here, as I am just taking the word of another.

I do have a good friend that bought a Behringer mixer based on that advice, and he's had NO problems at all, and he loves it.
      I plan on buying one soon myself, unless someone posts some unknown problem with them.

That's it for now....

~BIN

Comment

I've got the Behringer MX8000a with mtr/bridge - it's great!

Just like the Mackie but without the hefty old price tag.

See http://www.behringer.de/eng/products...sk/mx8000a.htm for more info.

It's a very versatile unit great for recording and live work alike. Although for little gigs and things (without the need for a huge console), I use the little baby brother, the MX2642 for putting the V's through.

It's a nice little unit, see: http://www.behringer.de/eng/products...ck/mx2642a.htm for more info.

Just watch out for giving the MX8000a's power supply enough room to breathe. Mine has overheated a few times what with being in a rack and having dust in it's air holes (not advisable!). It chucks out 400watts, so don't worry about any heating.

Sincerely,

Joe Wakeford www.halfpennystudios.com

[This message has been edited by Joe Wakeford (edited November 12, 2000).]

Comment

I'm using the Eurorack MX 802A, I think it's a great tool, no complaints as of yet. But... then again... It hasn't let me quit my day job either.

Comment

Behringer gives you very much for the money. The audio quality is ok, but a Behringer won't last as long as a Mackie. I work in a Pro-Audio shop and it happens quit frequently that a Behringer mixer is sent to be repaired. Pots stop working, or one channel gets very noisy or something. The cost of the servicing is sometimes almost as high as buying a new Behringer mixer. Of course this doens't happen to all of them, but it is a risk you are taking.

I need a headphone mixer for my ddrum setup and I guess it will be a MX802. For that money there's nothing comparable. But if you really need something professional look for something else.

If you ever buy a Mackie> dont forget to check out the manual even though you might not need it! Mackie manuals are filled with humor and there's almost no manufacterer who does it like Mackie does ;-)

I use a Mackie SR24.4 for my midi studio setup btw....
            Music was my first love...

Comment

You could use the 602 as well, since you can use the stereo inputs as mono's if you plug into the left input jack only.

That will give you 4 mono's as well.
              Music was my first love...

Comment

i love my berringher 1602

Comment

Originally posted by ADD:
                  Our guitarist is using a MX602A to mix his acoustic guitar and ukulele into one main board input. He's had it for a year, and no problems. Sounds good too! (Main board is a Mackie 1604VLZ)

One thing to consider though. I just sent my 3 month old Behringer Multicom back for repairs as it totally died. No lights, no sound, no nothing. I was using it for my home entertainment system, so it never moved. Maybe I just got a bad one, but I've never had any problems with my Mackie board, or the SRM450's I use.

Food for thought.

------------------
                  I think, therefore I am....or at least I think I am!

Comment

I have bought two Behringer mixers and both had problems just outside the warranty period. The preamps in the Mackies do sound better (IMHO) and the Mackie has a much better resale value.
                    If you envisage keeping the thing for a long time, then go with the Mackie - well worth the extra investment.
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
                    X