Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

IMPORTANT TD-50 OWNERS ONLY DROP-OUT EXPERIENCE - PLEASE ENGAGE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thumbs up after 2 gigs and 1 (long) day recording NO Problems

Comment

• Its funny I used to hear it in headphones but not when I played through speakers. Anyhoo its a none issue now..
      Noble & Cooley a kit

Comment

• Updated to V1.07 yesterday. Followed instructions to the letter, including Factory Reset. Worked perfectly!!
        :confused:

Comment

• Happy to report I had no dropouts at my last gig. Thank you Alan and Roland!
          Roland TD50KV, MIMIC Pro

Comment

• Hi Guys,
            I know I'm late to the game here. Does anyone have the download link to fix drop outs on the TD 50 KV. Apparently the link previously posted is unavailable.. I'm using Mac OSX 10.10.5 if that helps. Want to make sure I get the right download.
            Thanks!

Comment

• First link after googling “Roland TD-50 Update” : https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...dates_drivers/
              Alan
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• New TD-50 owner here. I think I'm still seeing dropouts on 1.07 but having not heard the issue before, I'm not 100% sure it's the same thing (but the sound certainly is dropping out). I've only had the module a couple of days but I've been a long time TD-12 user and had to make many trigger adjustment over the years for my a2e conversion so I'm pretty confident this isn't a setting issue. I'd appreciate it if someone could test this too. Details of the easiest reproduction case below:
                • Software version: 1.07 (was installed out the box)
                • Kit: Fat+808 (Kit 8 I believe)
                • Snare: Digital Snare
                • Reproduction method: Hit the bass drum and cross stick on the snare simultaneously. It's not every time, but every few hits the bass drum will drop out. Try constant 8th or 16th notes and cross tick on the quarter / 8th.
                I've heard this happen on other kits too but Fat+808 seem more obvious / reliable test case. I thought maybe it was something to do with having a sub-instrument on that BD but haven't confirmed that yet (I disabled the sub and it still occurred on that kit). I play a bit of reggae so I noticed this when doing some one-drops. I will admit that I haven't heard it in 'normal' playing, only when messing around with new sounds (gotta play around with a new module!). However, in the case described above it happens very frequently.

To clarify the setup, this is on a digital snare and setup as such. I use a Triggera Krigg for the bass drum but it's setup as a KT-10 with some minor sensitivity adjustments. I've confirmed there are no cross-talk issues. The kit is exactly as it is on a factory reset, but I have changed the panning slightly on T4 and the 4 aux inputs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Philo View Post
                  New TD-50 owner here. I think I'm still seeing dropouts on 1.07 but having not heard the issue before, I'm not 100% sure it's the same thing (but the sound certainly is dropping out). I've only had the module a couple of days but I've been a long time TD-12 user and had to make many trigger adjustment over the years for my a2e conversion so I'm pretty confident this isn't a setting issue. I'd appreciate it if someone could test this too. Details of the easiest reproduction case below:
                  • Reproduction method: Hit the bass drum and cross stick on the snare simultaneously. It's not every time, but every few hits the bass drum will drop out. Try constant 8th or 16th notes and cross tick on the quarter / 8th.
                  I've heard this happen on other kits too but Fat+808 seem more obvious / reliable test case. I thought maybe it was something to do with having a sub-instrument on that BD but haven't confirmed that yet (I disabled the sub and it still occurred on that kit). I play a bit of reggae so I noticed this when doing some one-drops. I will admit that I haven't heard it in 'normal' playing, only when messing around with new sounds (gotta play around with a new module!). However, in the case described above it happens very frequently.

To clarify the setup, this is on a digital snare and setup as such. I use a Triggera Krigg for the bass drum but it's setup as a KT-10 with some minor sensitivity adjustments. I've confirmed there are no cross-talk issues. The kit is exactly as it is on a factory reset, but I have changed the panning slightly on T4 and the 4 aux inputs.
                  I've done some more playing around with this and it seems that right now, I can only get this problem to occur on the Fat+808 kit and I haven't found a good way to eliminate the problem or reproduce on another kit either (I thought it was to do with sub-instruments / samples I can't confirm that yet). Maybe it's not a bit deal, I can't imagine it'll bother me too much as I doubt I'll use this kit but if others are still seeing dropouts then maybe this will help find a solution.

Comment

New TD-50 owner here. I think I'm still seeing dropouts on 1.07 but having not heard the issue before, I'm not 100% sure it's the same thing (but the sound certainly is dropping out). I've only had the module a couple of days but I've been a long time TD-12 user and had to make many trigger adjustment over the years for my a2e conversion so I'm pretty confident this isn't a setting issue. I'd appreciate it if someone could test this too. Details of the easiest reproduction case below:

This is not an "issue". It's a multi-effect setting. It's called "cutoff", and is in the Filter/Drive FX. The cutoff level is a frequency at which the lower frequencies are "cutoff". You should notice in the BD and any toms with frequencies below the cutoff value. Thus, it's not "dropping out". It's "cutting off" - as intended. Adjust this value as desired. In other words, hit your BD and then the SN Rim immediately afterwards. You'll notice it "cuts off" the lower frequencies. This is on purpose.
                    Alan

Comment

• Ah, well that explain that! Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

Ah, well that explain that! Thanks for the explanation!
                        Rest assured, the dropout issue was completely corrected. I was Roland's beta tester for the diagnosis and repair for v107.

Because this topic pops up from time to time, and the title is not a relevant issue any longer, I am going to go ahead and close it.

If you've found yourself here, and you're experiencing a true dropout issue as described in the beginning pages of this topic, update your module to the latest version here: https://www.roland.com/global/suppor...dates_drivers/
                        Alan

Comment

Working...
                        X