Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

IMPORTANT TD-50 OWNERS ONLY DROP-OUT EXPERIENCE - PLEASE ENGAGE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unstepe View Post

... or 7 :/
    Yup. I'll post the moment I hear something.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Itís pretty sad they donít even have the common courtesy to reply back to Alan in a timely manner.
      ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

• roland and common courtesy donít fit together
        theyíve let all the td50 customers hang in the air for months now
        no official statement
        and yes also alan doesnít get an answer
        an absolutely no go

Comment

• Hi all, haven't been on the forums in sometime and came here because of the drop out issue. I had gigs Friday and Saturday and had numerous kick drop outs running 1.06. Would love to hear about a fix soon. Sounds particularly funny in the disco four on the floor songs when a kick goes missing. Thanks for working on this Alan.
          ~~~
          Tom Conner

Comment

• Originally posted by unstepe View Post

... or 7 :/
            ... or 9
            ATV aDrums, TD-50, aD5, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, Tama & DW Hardware.

Comment

• Well, I hope if they are waiting to put out the fix with a larger update that it is worth the wait. It had better be a darn good one!!! Better sounds would be a major plus
              Modules:Roland TD-50 VEX'ed, Mac Pro running SD3,SD2 & Ez Drummer2
              Triggers:PD140DS Mapex Meridian Maple/Yamaha Custom Birch Conversion
              Cymbals: VH-13mg, CY-5, CY-8, CY-12R, 2 CY-13R, CY-14 and CY18DR

Comment

• Originally posted by gotstafish View Post
                Well, I hope if they are waiting to put out the fix with a larger update that it is worth the wait. It had better be a darn good one!!! Better sounds would be a major plus
                I'm 99.9% positive there will be no new sounds added to the 50... ever. I was personally told the flash memory that holds internal sounds is full by design, and there would be none added in the future. This is the main reason I *****ed about all the useless sounds that were once again added that we never use; and it is why I've said this module feels like a "beta" for the next release. With the competition on the market, that might not work out.

Anyway, I leave that 0.1% possibility open in case they thought ahead, and hid some "expansion" sounds they want to unlock later. HOWEVER, marketing the module with the knowledge of forthcoming expansion availability would be more in line with the previous flagship releases. Since it's not stated anywhere as before, it's a 0.1% chance, lol Moral? Don't hold your breath. They didn't expand the 30; so, there's that. Sadly, I think this new practice with the 30 & 50 might be shooting themselves in the foot.
                Alan

Comment

• If it has anything to do with a hardware problem multiplexing the digital usb inputs at the same time as regular trigger events, there may not be a firmware solution unless there are programmable (proprietary) access to that mechanism. This would be a very bad thing. Let's hope it is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlyv View Post
                    If it has anything to do with a hardware problem multiplexing the digital usb inputs at the same time as regular trigger events, there may not be a firmware solution unless there are programmable (proprietary) access to that mechanism. This would be a very bad thing. Let's hope it is not.
                    Alan was able to test 1.07and hat no Dropouts anymore,

Comment

• Originally posted by charlyv View Post
                      If it has anything to do with a hardware problem multiplexing the digital usb inputs at the same time as regular trigger events, there may not be a firmware solution unless there are programmable (proprietary) access to that mechanism. This would be a very bad thing. Let's hope it is not.
                      The problem has already been repaired. I was the one who beta tested it. Weíre just waiting for the full update that it will be in to be released.
                      Alan

Comment

• Reply to Dutchi and VEX:

Fantastic and great work. Like many others, it was a show stopper for me, but lets still see if we can start seeing discounts on the upgrade.
                        Thanks again.

Comment

• I think the worst thing about all this is the lack of any acknowledgement of the issue from Roland or even any information explaining they are looking at the issue. We've only found out about it via this forum. Imagine the outcry if it was an amp that kept randomly cutting out or a guitar that had a similar fault. There would be calls of the product not being fit for purpose. I bought my son the unit exactly a year ago and feel a bit like I've chosen a duffer. I really hope they get it sorted asap as we love the VEX Studio X pack but my lad is now resorting to programming stuff in midi due to the missed notes.

Comment

• RELEASE UPDATE:

Okay, I just got off the phone with Drew, and have news.

It is currently, or has been (slightly lost in translation), in final debugging this week. (this is part of the QC process I mentioned earlier in the topic)

Following this part, it will go into "final testing". From what I understand, this will take something like two weeks.

Then, it will finally be considered a master, prepped for distribution, and released.

Officially, they've told me "beginning of March". Let's just consider that "March".

Hope this helps!
                            Alan

Comment

• thx alan!

Comment

• Excellent news

Comment

Working...
                                X