Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cd player holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd player holder

What do you guys use to attatch the cd player to the rack? I have a discman I'd like to use with my e-drums. I just don't know a good way to mount it.

Gaffa tape?
    The drummers answer to everything.
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Make sure your discman has a good shock protection!!!!
      Music was my first love...

Comment

For real!!! I have a cheap CD player and if I look at it the wrong way it skips!!!!

------------------
        TD-8, TD-7, Roland rack, Pintech CC and Roland PD-9/7/5 pads, Yamaha and Pintech cymbals, Vertikik & KD-7, FD-7 , DrumKat DK-10
        I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Put it on an old throne behind me.

Stu
          "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I have an old Roland V-drum demo video. It shows the guy playing with a CD player attatched to the rack.

Comment

Have you tried a Car Kit for your CD Player, (I take it is a Portable CD.)
              Some have a Mounting Arm you could possibly clamp to the Rack.
              www.royfulton.co.uk, www.zendrum.com ,Tempus Drums, Istanbul Agop, Regal Tip, Alesis DMPro, D4,Garageband, HK Powerworks PA

Comment

So apparantly no one has tried this. I have a portable car CD player with 30 second "ESP". It might be OK with minimal skipage. I'm trting to figure out a way to mount the car kit CD player holder to the rack. Since they are made to mount to a car not a tubular rack.

Comment

Originally posted by Steveo the Devo:
                  Gaffa tape?
                  The drummers answer to everything.
                  So what the **** is gaffa tape? I've always untill now been on a shoestring budget so I don't know a lot of the "drummer stuff". Is it kinda like "100 mile an hour tape" for Military guys?

[This message has been edited by snared (edited September 25, 2001).]

Comment

gaffa tape

Comment

black duct tape

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
                        What do you guys use to attatch the cd player to the rack? I have a discman I'd like to use with my e-drums. I just don't know a good way to mount it.
                        My rack has only pads and cables attached. The brains are on a double-tom stand and my cd player is attached to a speaker-stand. It's kind of hard to see but it's right there between the brains and the keyboard ...

Comment

I see it Marc. How is it attached? Nice set up BTW.

Comment

I have used the Pintech UM1 Universal Module Mount - the thing is under $25 with a clamp...you can velcro the cd player to it...

Erik
                            SEPdrums

Comment

Originally posted by snared:
                              I see it Marc. How is it attached?
                              Velcro.

Comment

Working...
                              X