Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scheinriese do you have any other kits that you've put together that you're willing to share? You Rock Kit is hands down the best thing I've played on my Mimic Pro yet!
    Main Kit: Mimic Pro, PD-128-BC, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-15R, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x6), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK, QSC K10 & KSub, Yamaha MG10XU, Westone AM Pro 30, Bose QC35, Roc-N-Soc Nitro
    Mini Kit: TD-30, PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x3), CY-13R, MDS-TDKP1 folding rack

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw Pilot View Post
      scheinriese do you have any other kits that you've put together that you're willing to share? You Rock Kit is hands down the best thing I've played on my Mimic Pro yet!
      Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that someone else likes it. It's the only one I've made so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
        Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the MImic. OK, I decided to remove the cheap screen protector I put on when I first received my module. That one ended up with a bunch of permanent finger prints on it .... weird.... Anyway I picked up a Tempered Glass Screen Protector from eBay. This one fits without any trimming necessary, it is a tiny bit smaller than the screen which makes it really easy to install. The screen response is excellent with it installed. So if anyone is looking for a nice screen protector with lots of protection that fits it is the 153MM X 85MM in this link:
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-8-9-10-in...72.m2749.l2649
        As of yesterday I'm a mimic pro owner. I just ordered up one of these. Thanks for the tip

Comment

• Got my ATV aDrums today and just connected my mimic. First impressions are nice :-). I missed the big 18" Ride which I used at my TD50. Now that feels equal accept of the Hand dampening feature from the TD50. I know these questions are discussed a few times but what are your recommendations for the best triggerseitings with the mimic?

I installed the VH13 based config for the Hihat from Peter Warren and its working so far.
          For the Ride I use the CY-15R without any tweaking so far.
          Any other aDrums/mimic User here?

thanks a lot!

MarkuZ

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkuZ View Post
            Got my ATV aDrums today and just connected my mimic. First impressions are nice :-). I missed the big 18" Ride which I used at my TD50. Now that feels equal accept of the Hand dampening feature from the TD50. I know these questions are discussed a few times but what are your recommendations for the best triggerseitings with the mimic?

I installed the VH13 based config for the Hihat from Peter Warren and its working so far.
            For the Ride I use the CY-15R without any tweaking so far.
            Any other aDrums/mimic User here?

thanks a lot!

MarkuZ
            I am currently using VH-13 v2, CY-15R for ride, PD-128 for the toms / snare and KD-120 for the kick. For the aD-16 crash I used the CY-14 settings. Dial in your threshold and top velocity settings and you should be good to go.
            ATV aDrums, aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, DW Hardware

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigzw View Post

As of yesterday I'm a mimic pro owner. I just ordered up one of these. Thanks for the tip
              Wouldn't the 153 x 89 screen protector fit perfectly? Why 153 x 85?
              Main Kit: Mimic Pro, PD-128-BC, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-15R, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x6), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK, QSC K10 & KSub, Yamaha MG10XU, Westone AM Pro 30, Bose QC35, Roc-N-Soc Nitro
              Mini Kit: TD-30, PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x3), CY-13R, MDS-TDKP1 folding rack

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw Pilot View Post

Wouldn't the 153 x 89 screen protector fit perfectly? Why 153 x 85?
                Too wide by my measurement. There is a lip around the flat part of the screen, inside that lip where the screen protector goes is less than 89MM ..... but hey, buy it, and try it. Since it is a Glass screen protector .... personally I wanted to be positive it would fit. No trimming options .....
                I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Good morning all. Scheme question: I have a kit at home, with my specific pads. I finally get them to trigger well. But I go to my buddies studio and he has a Yamaha DX950. Next week I'm invited to play and they have a TD30 already there. Can I create and save profiles (like an initial setup) of these different scenarios and quickly load them based on whose kit I am playing so, I can have my sample readily available? In the end, I don't want to lose all my work in getting my setup working!

Comment

• Originally posted by Six View Post
                    Good morning all. Scheme question: I have a kit at home, with my specific pads. I finally get them to trigger well. But I go to my buddies studio and he has a Yamaha DX950. Next week I'm invited to play and they have a TD30 already there. Can I create and save profiles (like an initial setup) of these different scenarios and quickly load them based on whose kit I am playing so, I can have my sample readily available? In the end, I don't want to lose all my work in getting my setup working!
                    Yes, it's in the manual on p. 55. You save your trigger configurations to a USB stick. You can save as many different configurations as you'd like.
                    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, TD-25 triggering Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

• Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

Yes, it's in the manual on p. 55. You save your trigger configurations to a USB stick. You can save as many different configurations as you'd like.
                      Beautiful! Thanks JPS.

Comment

• Well, I said I would submit a review on my Mimic Pro experience so here we go.

Initially I have to say I was not excited about my purchase. The built-in kits are good but less than I expected and I felt like I could "sense" a bit of latency not evident with my old Roland TD-15.

As I'd previously noted, not being an audio engineer or even much of a techie, my original concerns were this was going to be way more difficult and complicated than I could handle particularly since it sounded like the "hands on" adjustments required were beyond my expertise. Coming from a "simple" TD-15, the pad setup was more complicated than I was accustomed to with way more factors to consider. Must I say, I was over whelmed.

However, after reading through the Mimic manual (which is also a bit intimidating) and asking question on this forum, I slowly started tackling each parameter. Some worked better than others but eventually I did get through it and with a bit more study actually started understanding much of it.

Although my only previous experience has been with mid-level Roland modules I believe there are still a few items the Mimic is missing. For one, the option of copying a single instrument/pad setting from one kit to another. Also, with Roland, when attempting to change some setting on a pad, to select it you simply hit the pad and that trigger is activated. With the Mimic you must first manually select the pad then make the change(s). Often times I start modifying something just to find out I'm on the wrong instrument. None of these are game changers just something I noticed; I believe some of these are in the pipe for future OS updates.

So, after nearly three months of playing with the Mimic including hours of "tweaking" (and learning), I realize this is probably going to be a continuing venture and for the most part will never be complete. Once I became more familiar with the module's functionality it actually plays much better than my initial experience. It took a commitment and open mind but was well worth it. I still feel like I can sense a bit of latency particularly with the cymbal response but I have to say, the Mimic sounds amazing and at this point I am very pleased with my purchase. I am now waiting for the VEX kits which I know will put this guy over the top.
                        Last edited by EssKayKay; 01-13-18, 06:28 PM. Reason: OOPS - I was informed Mimic does allow auto-select. Like I said, it just keeps getting better...

Comment

• Originally posted by EssKayKay View Post

With Roland, when attempting to change some setting on a pad, to select it you simply hit the pad and that trigger is activated. With the Mimic you must first manually select the pad then make the change(s).
                          No, It's because you did not click Auto Select, this function does like Roland do, hit a pad and then tweak the pad as you trigs on the fly. As for latency never saw any single difference, from my TD-15, VST are using average 7MS to 10MS with computer in and out, mimic is below these.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 01-13-18, 01:52 PM.
                          [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

No, It's because you did not click Auto Select, it does like Roland do, hit a pad and then tweak the pad as you trigs on the fly.
                            Ahh very good. I did not see that on the Trigger Menu page (silly me) - I did notice it on the Instrument Assignment (Library Menu). This is great - and it just keeps getting better. Thank you very much.
                            Last edited by EssKayKay; 01-13-18, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post

I don't think that there is anything to troubleshoot, sorry
                              If your PSU is working, then you definitely got a damaged unit.
                              Where have you bought it?
                              Does it have any signs of previous usage like removed screen protection?
                              I'm asking because even on this forum with relatively small mimic users count - we got a few incidents when retailer sent a used unit instead of brand new one.
                              Turns out my first unit was bricked. I got a replacement unit and it works now.

Comment

• Ok. I may be stretch its capabilities, but can I run a stereo or mono feed from a mixing board into Mimic and record the rest of the band as I play?

Comment

Working...
                                X