This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Users Topic: Pearl Mimic Pro

This thread is created for actual Pearl Mimic Pro users to discuss best practices and the like.

Please keep general discussion of the product at: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...scussion-topic

Quick Starting Guide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wLHPdlwkRs

Manual
    http://pearldrum.com/support/product...ser-manual.pdf

Updates
    http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/e...dule/#updatess

Registration & Updates
    http://pearldrum.com/support/mimic-p...x-registration

I did my best to move "tied" conversations by owners to this new thread. - Alan
    Alan

Help!!! Me Boo!
    i just got my pearl mimic fired up the ride and hihat were working fine and all of a sudden absolutely no triggering from ride or top hihat
    no sound either! I can manage a chick sound from hihat that's it! All other pass work fine!
    i powered done multiple x to see if it would reset ! Can anyone help at this stage ? Thank you!

Comment

Rebooted now ride works. A crash doesn't
      and a tom and hihat also doesn't trigger?

Comment

Originally posted by joeyyumm View Post
        Rebooted now ride works. A crash doesn't
        and a tom and hihat also doesn't trigger?
        is that the only kit it does it on? or all kits? what pads are you using? did you set the pad types and trigger settings? did you watch the quick start video?
        Last edited by jammin777; 06-27-17, 03:49 PM.
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Maybe try Settings->Files->Check Instrument Library Integrity? Maybe there are some corrupted files on your harddisk

Comment

I'm using my td-20 exp kit and all the pads that came with it !
            Last edited by joeyyumm; 06-28-17, 12:58 AM.

Comment

I'm using my td-20 exp kit and all the pads that came with it ! It's not working on all kits !
              when I repower others go out!
              Its not the pads it's the unit! Frustrating!
              yes I watched quick start video and set up correct pads!!!
              Okay y'all are scaring me. Stop it.

Comment

that's weird, hope someone will chime in with ideas.
                Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Not trying to scare ya crash 1 ,hihat, tom 3 and ride will not trigger nor sound etc the one that do work sound great ! Trying to be patient but, well you know how that goes!

Comment

try connecting working pads to not working inputs to see if they are triggering

Comment

I'm using my td-20 exp kit and all the pads that came with it ! It's not working on all kits !
                      when I repower others go out!
                      Its not the pads it's the unit! Frustrating!
                      yes I watched quick start video and set up correct pads!!!
                      These are simple steps to do - for example for the tom
                      1 - if you have one tom working and another - not, exchange the pads / exchange the cables
                      2 - check the input signal meter for your tom input (be sure to select correct tom!)
                      3 - go to "Curves" tab and check the velocity curve screen - it should show red lines during pad hits
                      4 - go to "kit instr assign" and make sure that you have correct instrument / articulation assigned
                      5 - make sure that you have corresponding instrument loaded
                      6 - make sure that it is playing ok (volume levels are not messed up in the mixer for example ) - go to "kit edit", enable "play on select" and tap on the corresponding instrument cell - you should hear the tom playing

Comment

Do you use TRS cables?
                        Last edited by spitfirejoe; 06-27-17, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Everything was working fine!
                          its not the cables
                          i checked all pads with inputs that work so far
                          so it's the unit itself acting up !

Comment

Once again I'm using everything stock that came with the Roland td-20 etc yes yes cables ! It was working for 2 minutes then hihat stopped working, re powered then lost ride and crash one , repowered again lost hihat , ride , tom 3 and aux 1 the unit will not trigger from any swapped out pad either its not my equipment it's the inputs on the unit itself!! The trigger meter doesn't even register for the in puts !

Comment

To add there are sounds assigned for the inputs and I can trigger the sound via touch screen!

Comment

Working...
                              X