Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum FAQs section for answers to forum related FAQs.

TD-6V module recognises FD-8 but not linking with hi-hat

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReallyTallTony
    Registered Member
    • 06-2017

TD-6V module recognises FD-8 but not linking with hi-hat

Hello,

Setup is TD-6V with TD-6KX.

Situation is that the Foot controller (pedal) is not controlling the Hi Hat.

I have searched various forums and whilst there are similar issues, nothing quite matches the following scenario.
    1. If the Hi Hat is plugged into the TD 'socket 3' (Hi Hat) and the hi-hat is struck with a stick the sound is heard. [therefore: hi hat sensor and cable is working]
    2. If the pedal is plugged into another pad socket (eg Crash 2, 'socket 10') and the pedal is pressed a sound is heard.[therefore: FD-8 pedal actuator/switch and cable are working]
    3. If the pedal is plugged into the 'HH CTRL' and the pedal is pressed - no sound heard.
    4. Note that when the HH CTRL socket/plug is connected/ disconnected into the Module absolutely no sound is heard, one would ordinarily expect a 'click' at the very least.
    Steps to resolve taken so far:
    • Factory reset TD-6V module.
    • Check cables for continuity.
    • General check of HH CTRL socket - not disassembled, but seems OK.
    • Adjusted volume of Hi Hat.
    • Googled....
    So do any of the good folks on this forum have any ideas of next steps I should take?

As you can probably tell, I am new to this, so please forgive any basic type questions in reply.

Many thanks,
    Tony

• Alan VEX
    VDrums Forum Administrator
    • 10-2004

TECHNICAL
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...