Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mounting PD-80R on snare stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting PD-80R on snare stand

I recently purchased a V-Custom set and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival via UPS! However, after reading some of the posts here, I am disappointed to see that Roland's hardware may be somewhat, shall we say, lacking in strength! In fact, some users seem downright disgusted at the movememt of the pads. I guess I won't really know until I actually set them up and play the first couple of gigs with them. My question, however, is this: has anyone tried mounting the PD-80R, used as a snare, on a standard-type snare stand? Does it hold it securely? If so, what brand did you use? Since the money I spent for the V-Customs was already slightly over my budget, I really can't afford the $395 for a PD-120R Pad! Thanks

I use a PD-80R on my V-Club set, mounting it on the outrigger bar using a Gibraltor hatched clamp and "L" bracket. That sucker has yet to budge one inch...

Unless you really beat the s**t out of it with huge drumsticks, it shouldn't move!

HTH,
    Bob

Comment

I doubt wheter you can find a snare stand which will hold an 8" pad.

I have the 12" ddrum snare pad and it needs a different stand than the one I use with my acoustic kit. I'm kinda tall, so the snare position is kinda high too and since the pad's depth is very less than a normal snare, the stand is not high enough.
      Damn
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
      X