Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting PD-80R on snare stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting PD-80R on snare stand

I recently purchased a V-Custom set and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival via UPS! However, after reading some of the posts here, I am disappointed to see that Roland's hardware may be somewhat, shall we say, lacking in strength! In fact, some users seem downright disgusted at the movememt of the pads. I guess I won't really know until I actually set them up and play the first couple of gigs with them. My question, however, is this: has anyone tried mounting the PD-80R, used as a snare, on a standard-type snare stand? Does it hold it securely? If so, what brand did you use? Since the money I spent for the V-Customs was already slightly over my budget, I really can't afford the $395 for a PD-120R Pad! Thanks

I use a PD-80R on my V-Club set, mounting it on the outrigger bar using a Gibraltor hatched clamp and "L" bracket. That sucker has yet to budge one inch...

Unless you really beat the s**t out of it with huge drumsticks, it shouldn't move!

HTH,
    Bob

Comment

I doubt wheter you can find a snare stand which will hold an 8" pad.

I have the 12" ddrum snare pad and it needs a different stand than the one I use with my acoustic kit. I'm kinda tall, so the snare position is kinda high too and since the pad's depth is very less than a normal snare, the stand is not high enough.
      Damn
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
      X