Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Good TD9 deal, or should I keep looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good TD9 deal, or should I keep looking?

Hi all,

New to the forum, but have been lurking for a while. I'm about to purchase my first V-drum setup! Going for a used setup, where I can get the most experience and fun for my budget, but also have room to expand.

How does this deal sound for 650 euro:

TD-9 module
    PD105 - 3 x PD85 - CY12R/C - CY8 - CY5 - FD8 HH -
    MDS9 stand

I have read through several threads on the forum, and I have only tried the TD4 and the newer TD11. The 11 sounded a bit...processed, though I liked the editing features and layout. I would rather go for the TD9 than the the TD11 in this price range, I think, and possibly get a bit more natural sounding internal banks. And I have read that the PD105/85s are prefered over the PDX8. At some point I would upgrade to a PD125 and a VH11.

I will be using both EZdrummer and internal module sounds and features.

Should I just jump on this deal and get started?

The TD-9 SX was my first kit and I still think the module is very good. I had the Masters 50 Vex kits on it. Check and make sure it is the version 2 module. I sold the kit to my drum teacher for $1000 worth of lessons two years ago with the case. I think I gave him a good deal and I just didn't want to deal with shipping. I did sell some upgraded items individually on eBay and I did quite well on those sales.
    good luck on your decision. At today's exchange rate, the 650 Euro looks pretty good.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

That's a good deal considering the mesh pads, I would go for it. You're not going to get a full mesh td4 for much less.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I am going for it. Looking so much forward to this - and to play SP with it! Also, the TD9 is a version 2, which is nice.

Comment

good deal... you need a kick drum like KD7, KD8 or KD9

Comment

I think it is a very good deal and I hope you went for it. I bought my TD9 second hand for 800 Euro two years ago and the prices here in Spain have not dropped much. It is a great kit and have not any problems with any part of the kit since I bought it. If you need any help or have any questions, please let me know. Enjoy it!
            Roland TD9-KX

Comment

Working...
            X