Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Good TD9 deal, or should I keep looking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good TD9 deal, or should I keep looking?

Hi all,

New to the forum, but have been lurking for a while. I'm about to purchase my first V-drum setup! Going for a used setup, where I can get the most experience and fun for my budget, but also have room to expand.

How does this deal sound for 650 euro:

TD-9 module
    PD105 - 3 x PD85 - CY12R/C - CY8 - CY5 - FD8 HH -
    MDS9 stand

I have read through several threads on the forum, and I have only tried the TD4 and the newer TD11. The 11 sounded a bit...processed, though I liked the editing features and layout. I would rather go for the TD9 than the the TD11 in this price range, I think, and possibly get a bit more natural sounding internal banks. And I have read that the PD105/85s are prefered over the PDX8. At some point I would upgrade to a PD125 and a VH11.

I will be using both EZdrummer and internal module sounds and features.

Should I just jump on this deal and get started?

The TD-9 SX was my first kit and I still think the module is very good. I had the Masters 50 Vex kits on it. Check and make sure it is the version 2 module. I sold the kit to my drum teacher for $1000 worth of lessons two years ago with the case. I think I gave him a good deal and I just didn't want to deal with shipping. I did sell some upgraded items individually on eBay and I did quite well on those sales.
    good luck on your decision. At today's exchange rate, the 650 Euro looks pretty good.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

That's a good deal considering the mesh pads, I would go for it. You're not going to get a full mesh td4 for much less.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I am going for it. Looking so much forward to this - and to play SP with it! Also, the TD9 is a version 2, which is nice.

Comment

good deal... you need a kick drum like KD7, KD8 or KD9

Comment

I think it is a very good deal and I hope you went for it. I bought my TD9 second hand for 800 Euro two years ago and the prices here in Spain have not dropped much. It is a great kit and have not any problems with any part of the kit since I bought it. If you need any help or have any questions, please let me know. Enjoy it!
            Roland TD9-KX

Comment

Working...
            X