Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Any help for a newbie to electronic drums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help for a newbie to electronic drums?

Hey whats up everyone.

I just went to the shop today and traded my 9pc. Tama Kit in on a V-Pro kit. I did much research on the drums, and the module that's with it.

Now my questions, is there any hidden dangers with these drums? Things like trigger weakness, or the mesh heads not holding up with heavy hitting and so on.

I just regestered to the forum today so I really havent had the time to sort through any posts to read about all this.

I guess what I am asking is for all the "masters" if you will, to e-mail me any help or comments about the kit I bought. And where to get the patches and everything else I might need in the future.

One more thing, then I will stop babbling.

Reguarding double bass. I can not go with out it! LOL!! Anyway, the kit I bought has one bass drum trigger. Should I get another trigger and put two separate B-drum triggers on the floor, or would it be cheaper/easier to use a single mesh style trigger or something similar and use double bass drum peddles?

Thank you for any help you can give and I hope I didnt drag my post on too long!

Peace,
    ~ Justin ~

Sorry here is my e-mail address.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Thanks for any help!

~Justin~

Comment

Originally posted by Doublebassmagic:
      [B]

I just regestered to the forum today so I really havent had the time to sort through any posts to read about all this.
      B]

You should. Everything you need to find out has been discussed to death and many responses have been provided.

------------------
      szvook

[This message has been edited by szvook (edited July 27, 2001).]
      Studio

Comment

I figured as much, thats why I said for everyone to e-mail me instead. But I am searching right now anyway.

Thanks,

~Justin~

Comment

Originally posted by Doublebassmagic:

I figured as much, thats why I said for everyone to e-mail me instead. But I am searching right now anyway.

Thanks,

~Justin~
          Good man. You just passed the first step in becoming an edrummer.

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

I bought an extra KD-7 kick trigger when I got my V-Pro Kit and it works well for me. I have read somewhere on this site that the new mesh-head kick is much more responsive (read: has more bounce) than an acoustic kit, but I don't actually know that first hand. Even if it is/does, you'd be better served to try one out at your local music store and garner your own opinion.

Enjoy the new V's.

Comment

Please tell me this is not going to turn into another KD-7 vs. KD-120 thread???
              :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
                Please tell me this is not going to turn into another KD-7 vs. KD-120 thread???
                Sorry I didnt want to start any wars..LOL!

I have had so many responses here and in e-mail its crazy! Thanks a lot everyone. I am still searching the whole Forum and have found a TON of info already. So it's cool if you guys dont want to reply and keep this from getting out of hand and becoming an equipment war...LOL!!

Peace,

~ Justin ~

Comment

GET THE KD-7s!
                  GET THE KD-7s!
                  GET THE KD-7s!
                  GET THE KD-7s!
                  GET THE KD-7s!
                  GET THE KD-7s!

Don't get the tired bouncey mesh ones that all these guys use. You're not banging out Slipknot on all that bouncey sh|t.

Plus, with the KD-7s, you can save some money and buy two more kick pedals and 2 more KD-7s, and you can have double-kick with two different sounds at your disposal at all times. Five pedals at your feet - HiHat controller and FOUR kick drums.

THAT, my friend....is double bass magic.

BINARY

Comment

Originally posted by BINARY:
                    GET THE KD-7s!
                    GET THE KD-7s!
                    GET THE KD-7s!
                    GET THE KD-7s!
                    GET THE KD-7s!
                    GET THE KD-7s!

Don't get the tired bouncey mesh ones that all these guys use. You're not banging out Slipknot on all that bouncey sh|t.

Plus, with the KD-7s, you can save some money and buy two more kick pedals and 2 more KD-7s, and you can have double-kick with two different sounds at your disposal at all times. Five pedals at your feet - HiHat controller and FOUR kick drums.

THAT, my friend....is double bass magic.

BINARY

LOL!! Well I do play Slipknot, and some Fear Factory too, and I understand what you are saying!!

Although my drumming is not that far along, I will attempt to do such a task someday!

Peace,
                    ~ Justin ~

Comment

Well, dude....

Fear Factory is my bread and butter.

Get the KD-7s.

BINARY

Comment

...and an EV X-array speaker system
                        Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

KD-80/120s Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Marc.:
                            KD-80/120s Rule
                            You know I use "they Rule" or "It Rules" all the time, but it just hit me. Who or what do they rule???? Is it that they rule over all other kick triggers???? Are they good rulers or bad ones? Are they kind to the poor other triggers that they rules over? Or are the mean and wicked type rulers???

Why am I afraid of the KD-120 all of a sudden?

[This message has been edited by Jgel (edited July 30, 2001).]
                            :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
                              Why am I afraid of the KD-120 all of a sudden?
                              Because it's ridiculously overpriced?
                              Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Working...
                              X