Looking for a Mixer Recomendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Mixer Recomendation

I currently have my TM-2 occupying the Audio In on my TD-25 and can't hook-up my iPad. Per Roland's suggestion, I tried a 3.5mm Y-splitter to handle input of the TM-2 along with the iPad. And while both are audible in this configuration, the TM-2's volume drops considerably. when paired with the iPad.

Roland suggested either resorting to a USB loaded with MP3s (which obviously isn't as user friendly as an iPad) or running all three through a mixer.

I'm an "at-home" beginner and just need something that will allow me to connect all three devices to my Mackie Thump12 or Headphones. I like the idea of having a Master Volume control like on the "Nady MM-141 4-Channel Mini Mixer" but have read some pretty mixed reviews on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions / recommendations or thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time!

What do you want to spend? There's loads of mixers out there for 50. You just need a six channel one. Don't know where you are so can't give specifics...
    *** Never buy a module without both MIDI IN and OUT! ***
    DTX modules. Roland samplers. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Loads o' synth modules and FX. And...a ukulele or three.

Comment

For a simple headphone mixer I use this and it is rock solid.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/deta...w84aAujq8P8HAQ

My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
        What do you want to spend? There's loads of mixers out there for 50. You just need a six channel one. Don't know where you are so can't give specifics...
        I was originally wanting to stay between $50-75 USD (or less) if possible.
        Last edited by jmteter; 01-09-17, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmteter View Post
          I was originally wanting to stay between $50-75 USD (or less) if possible.
          Ah, so you're in Trumpland. Loads of choice, Try a Mackie Mix8, for example. Have a nose down here for more inspiration. http://ebay.to/2jyNA4l I've got a Yamaha MW10 that normally lives on my main practice kit (with drums, multipad, sampler, MP3, etc.), and mainly use a bombproof Mackie 1202 that I've had for years for live use. Got a couple of Behringers (cheap, but one's already lost an output channel - read into that what you like!).
          Last edited by electrodrummer; 01-10-17, 11:12 AM.
          DTX modules. Roland samplers. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Loads o' synth modules and FX. And...a ukulele or three.

Comment

I would spend $100 and get a Yamaha mixer. Lots of headroom and great sounding: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MG06

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by jmteter View Post
                Thanks everyone!
                ...pleasure - and thanks for saying "thanks"

Comment

Working...
                X