Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

The best snare stand for PD-120?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best snare stand for PD-120?

I bought a DW snare stand when I got my kit not thinking about the 12" snare I would be using. Did anyone else make this mistake? It doesn't grip the drum as tight as I would like it to...

Jeff

I use a Mapex snare stand and love it. It is able to handle a 10" snare so it has no trouble holding my PD-120. It is also very heavy, the first stand I bought I had to return for this one because it was to light and the snare trigger bounced all over the place. I did not make that mistake I bought my stand after I got my V-Pro set.

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

I got the Tama Stagemaster Piccilo Snare Stand, HS50P for about $60 at SamAsh. It's a special order because not many people need 12" baskets. It's light, strong, holds the PD120 like a dream, and fits really nice in my VPro case.
      Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

I use a Pearl S885W with the SBA1 adapters, which will hold a 12" snare tightly. This baby is rock solid. DW makes the 9303 snare stand designed for smaller snares, which is equally nice. I went with Pearl because I've had great experiences with their gear throughout the years.

Stu
        "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

I use a Gibraltar Jazz stand. It is lightweight and sturdy enough for the equaly light PD-120.

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
            I use a Pearl S885W with the SBA1 adapters, which will hold a 12" snare tightly.
            Same here. This stand is solid, although I wish I went with a smaller diameter stand in the first place, like the Tama HS50P. The "adapted" Pearl stand isn't exactly a model of elegance. But hey, those new 14" Pintech snares are looking *nice*...
            Roland TD-20 v1.08, various v-drums and v-cymbals, Yamaha KP65's, Axis pedals, Gibraltar hardware, Mackie 1202/SRM450 (pre-china)

Comment

Yup, I wish Pearl would make a more elegant solution. I was first looking at the DW, but the Pearl was just as sturdy, and it was half the price! And since I only use the basket anyway, the rest disappears into the holding tube of a DrumFrame, it doesn't really matter anymore

Stu

Comment

Well....
                I threw away my stands and now employ a midget to hold my drum.
                He is also my tech and when playing in the fetish clubs we are the talk of the gig.
                Try it,
                Hal Jalycakik

------------------
                td 8,
                pintech pads,gibraltor rack JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
                The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Fetish clubs? Midgets? I think I know you, you were that V-playing drag queen, weren't you?

Mean bloke you are, hanging that SRS1500 off the poor midget's gonads like that...

Stu

[This message has been edited by mcconaghy (edited July 31, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by mcconaghy:
                    Mean bloke you are, hanging that SRS1500 off the poor midget's gonads like that...
                    Stu, that is so insensitive. You know full well that the gonads are being used as double bass triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by Drummersdad:
                      Stu, that is so insensitive. You know full well that the gonads are being used as double bass triggers.
                      Thank you for that mental image... I need to lie down now... ouch!!!!!

Stu

Comment

Working...
                      X