Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-50 Owners: TD-50 Module,TD-50 Kit,TD-50 Digital Upgrade Pack,Owners Only PLEASE!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say if the store had not sold the demo 30KV, I would consider returning the 50. Here is hoping all goes well with sampling..

I guess an option is to use the 2nd headphone jack as a line out..
    Last edited by Bobvan; 01-06-17, 04:34 PM.
    Roland TD 50KV ish, DW Collectors series A kit

Comment

Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
      I have to say if the store had not sold the demo 30KV, I would seriously be considering returning the 50. But since this is what I have I will keep using it. With the cut back in instruments and other removed items it seems a bit laziness involved or it is s strategy towards another module upgrade in a while after the kit is made all digital. You can kind of see that one coming.

I guess an option is to use the 2nd headphone jack as a line out..
      It also has a lot of new features added that in my case are much better. What items are removed other than recording time? Having more instruments in the TD30 that are mostly electronic sounding from 2004 is not an advantage to me. The recording time could probably be fixed with a software update.

Comment

To me is seems to have less instruments. Anyhoo I edited my post. Your right having more useless stuff is not any better either. Let's hope they do..

You have to admit it is a let down..
        Last edited by Bobvan; 01-06-17, 04:39 PM.

Comment

I just read the manual, you cannot imports individual sample larger than 3min, its the limitation on the sampling\importing.

Ps: The total imports sample limits is 12min (128mb) on the sd cards.
          Last edited by Chris K; 01-06-17, 05:26 PM.
          Regards
          Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

Originally posted by Matson123 View Post
            Got a reply today from the place I bought my TD 50 KV kit from as I asked about the recording and why the drums would stop at 3 minutes when recording onto drumless tracks and as I suspected its not a bug its just the limitation of the recording.

"Hi Chris,
            I've had a look into this and I'm afraid the maximum playback on the TD-50 is 3 minutes. So I'm afraid to say that it is a limitation of the kit. "
            For me, this wouldn't really make much difference. I have recorded performances from modules for many years and have always run my recordings to an external recorder. Most modules I used didn't even have internal recording capabilities. And you can send MIDI as well as the module audio to record if desired. But I can see being able to record 2 or 3 minutes worth of performance inside the module as an advantage in the very least for live performance/sound checking. This way you can at least record a short performance and play it back while you listen back from an audience perspective.
            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by 2ea. 2Box modules, drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

If you already have VST's ,you can just make your own samples. I have found so far that I think they need to be mono and having direct mics plus overheads works well. You add the bigger room with the ambience in the TD50.

I am looking at doing timbale and octoban samples at a studio and might do some snares if there is interest. I have a home studio but am looking at renting a larger room if it is affordable to do drum samples.
              So Peter, would you recommend shutting off any room ambiance channels when recording WAVs from VSTs? When I would record sounds for the 2Box I normally wouldn't record the verb in VST programs anyway, unless doing a specific artist kit like a preset kit of Phil Collins for example. But that was a totally dif. thing and not using just one or 2 samples blended. Also, when you are shooting for blending an instrument from the TD-50 with a sampled WAV are you tuning the sample in the module or in the VST before exporting? Just trying to get any tips before starting some experimenting myself.
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by 2ea. 2Box modules, drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Im playing with it more digging into the settings,its fine I just want to use drumless recordings to demo for bands I may be interested in. I have a lot of decent past live and studio stuff but this could be fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

For me, this wouldn't really make much difference. I have recorded performances from modules for many years and have always run my recordings to an external recorder. Most modules I used didn't even have internal recording capabilities. And you can send MIDI as well as the module audio to record if desired. But I can see being able to record 2 or 3 minutes worth of performance inside the module as an advantage in the very least for live performance/sound checking. This way you can at least record a short performance and play it back while you listen back from an audience perspective.
                  I agree, it was very much a "nice to have" feature, and it's played up in the manual and elsewhere. They obviously spent a lot of time making it work (see how you can import a separate click and backing track wav and have them play simultaneously while recording your performance, then export audio/midi files separately), so it's a big silly to limit the length like that.

If the feature didn't exist at all, I still would have bought it, but I do feel a bit lied to.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
                    For me, this wouldn't really make much difference. I have recorded performances from modules for many years and have always run my recordings to an external recorder...
                    Same here, fwiw.

However I confess I doubt that the limitation is as has been indicated, or, if it is, that it is anything other than a bug in firmware v1.04. Matson123's quoted email from the store said "maximum playback on the TD-50 is 3 minutes" - note the reference to playback, not recording. I doubt that a store sales clerk is any sort of authority, and I would wait for information from Roland or a Roland spokesperson before going into a spin about something that may prove to be a misunderstanding or a temporary glitch...
                    TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals and stands. Integrated with additional Roland mesh pads and cyms, plus TD-9 'sidecar' for additional triggers and sound layering.

Comment

I just checked I have version 1.03 do I need to update?

Comment

I just checked I have version 1.03 do I need to update?
                        Do you have any serial number on the back of the module? 1.03 was preproduction module, release version was 1.04. I hope Roland did not trow mixed module version will create confusion, yes you need to download firmware at roland web site to update via sd cards, it add new feature and fix I think.

Module should have 50 kit ready.
                        Last edited by Chris K; 01-06-17, 11:40 PM.
                        Regards
                        Chris K

Comment

I do I am still within 30 days do I need to have it exchanged? Or simply update?
                          Last edited by Bobvan; 01-06-17, 11:41 PM.

Comment

No with serial number available and if it has 50 kit preset you only need to update from roland web site the firmware to 1.04
                            Last edited by Chris K; 01-06-17, 11:46 PM.
                            Regards
                            Chris K

Comment

Done thx bro! It is odd since I got this around Dec 20th.
                              Last edited by Bobvan; 01-07-17, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Done thx bro! It is odd since I got this around Dec 20th.
                                Weird indeed, anyway try again recording, btw this feature came from roland td15\11 exports as audio files and smf midi files.
                                Last edited by Chris K; 01-07-17, 12:24 AM.
                                Regards
                                Chris K

Comment

Working...
                                X