Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Users Topic: Roland TD-50

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
    ...I called the music store to inquire about the snares..
    Cool. What was their response?
    TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals and stands. Integrated with additional Roland mesh pads and cyms, plus TD-9 'sidecar' for additional triggers and sound layering.

    Comment


    • #32
      He will in quire and call me back. Perhaps cause I am In Canada it's different. Will post when I get an answer.
      Roland TD 50KV ish, DW Collectors series A kit

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
        He will in quire and call me back. Perhaps cause I am In Canada it's different. Will post when I get an answer.
        Be sure you check the duty cost and shipping, you could get squashed. Duty tax will make considerable difference on the price, you could end up paying 1000$ more then price In Canada, Drumtech are from Europe, for instance, these price in Canada are without duty and shipping, https://www.stevesmusic.com/search-r...uu1kkrtemh2ef0
        Last edited by Chris K; 01-05-17, 09:16 PM.
        Regards
        Chris K

        DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

        Comment


        • #34
          Chris im just referring to the free snare samples I got the kit upgrade kit for $250.00 less then Steve's price from a local music store. Not a show stopper deal but one all the same.. I also bought the last 3 PDX 105x's in the province. Store already sold the demo 30 KV not surprised. I really hope the samples will work well..

          In case you missed it pics https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...ed-td-50-kvish

          Last edited by Bobvan; 01-05-17, 09:20 PM.
          Roland TD 50KV ish, DW Collectors series A kit

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
            Chris im just referring to the free snare samples I got the kit upgrade kit for $250.00 less then Steve's price from a local music store. Not a show stopper deal but one all the same.. I also bought the last 3 PDX 105x's in the province. Store already sold the demo 30 KV not surprised. I really hope the samples will work well..

            In case you missed it pics https://www.vdrums.com/forum/perform...ed-td-50-kvish
            I did not know these sound was available outside his kits\pack, but they are mainly one shots sample mixed with internal td-50 sound, hope he is not charging high priced, because you could get much more sound buying VST or tons of sound library on the market, one shots sound sample don't need anything fancy mixed with Internal td-50 sound.

            Honestly VEX will do a better job from what I heard from drum-tech.
            Last edited by Chris K; 01-05-17, 09:40 PM.
            Regards
            Chris K

            DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

            Comment


            • #36
              They are suppose to be free with purchase. Just looking into it. At the risk of sounding ignorant, I know what VEX will be what is VST?
              Last edited by Bobvan; 01-05-17, 09:51 PM.
              Roland TD 50KV ish, DW Collectors series A kit

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
                ...what is VST?
                VST is a reference to sample based digital synths/instruments and associated processing (it stands for Virtual Studio Technology). Once you get a MIDI feed into a computer you can generate sounds from VST plug-ins. However Chris K was talking about getting the sounds out of a VST package and loading them as samples into the Roland module.
                TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals and stands. Integrated with additional Roland mesh pads and cyms, plus TD-9 'sidecar' for additional triggers and sound layering.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Ha ok I never really MIDI'd much or VEX'ed since I always own an A kit as well and mostly used e kits as high end practice pads. To be honest I prolly would of been fine keeping the 30's but this interested me for the sampling option.
                  Last edited by Bobvan; 01-05-17, 10:41 PM.
                  Roland TD 50KV ish, DW Collectors series A kit

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I converted some Slate CLA samples and they work well mixed in. If the 1 shot sample is too loud it will machine gun. The other way to get much more VST like sounds is to use the reverb and room in the Td50.
                    Last edited by Peter Warren; 01-06-17, 07:00 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                      ...The other way to get much more VST like sounds is to use the reverb and room in the Td50.
                      Agreed. Out of the box the sounds are on the dry side and ambience is off by default (at least in the kit presets I've tried so far) - and as you say, they sound a lot more natural with some room added.
                      TD-50KV extended kit with KD-A22 kick, DW pedals and stands. Integrated with additional Roland mesh pads and cyms, plus TD-9 'sidecar' for additional triggers and sound layering.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Got a reply today from the place I bought my TD 50 KV kit from as I asked about the recording and why the drums would stop at 3 minutes when recording onto drumless tracks and as I suspected its not a bug its just the limitation of the recording.

                        "Hi Chris,



                        I've had a look into this and I'm afraid the maximum playback on the TD-50 is 3 minutes.




                        So I'm afraid to say that it is a limitation of the kit. "

                        Am I the only one that finds that abit terrible for a 2000 module in 2017 that you can only record for a max of 3 minutes. Even when using a 32GB SD card that's pretty terrible really.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Matson123 View Post
                          Got a reply today from the place I bought my TD 50 KV kit from as I asked about the recording and why the drums would stop at 3 minutes when recording onto drumless tracks and as I suspected its not a bug its just the limitation of the recording.

                          "Hi Chris,



                          I've had a look into this and I'm afraid the maximum playback on the TD-50 is 3 minutes.




                          So I'm afraid to say that it is a limitation of the kit. "

                          Am I the only one that finds that abit terrible for a 2000 module in 2017 that you can only record for a max of 3 minutes. Even when using a 32GB SD card that's pretty terrible really.
                          OMG. That is NOWHERE in the specifications. (It's also shorter than 3 min in my experience). Useless. Worse is the fact that if you go over the limit (2:30 or 3:00 or whatever it really is), it usually wipes the recording.
                          Last edited by Stoneymonster; 01-06-17, 11:54 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Very disappointing indeed..
                            Roland TD 50KV ish, DW Collectors series A kit

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              OMG, indeed! I am not playing in a band and don't play live so recording is pretty much the only thing I do at this moment. This means that you always need to use Superior Drummer (or any of the other products out there) to record. This is really pretty weird and hopefully this gets resolved in an upcoming update.

                              This type of info makes me reconsider my order for my 50KV. I'd better keep on using my TD25-K instead which is much cheaper as a MIDI convertor!!!

                              I'll be checking with the store where I ordered my TD50-KV and will keep you guys in the loop.

                              Cheers,

                              Roland TD-50KV / Dynacord Powermate 600 Mixer / GoPro Hero 4 / Macbook Pro + SD 2.0

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by PietjePuk100 View Post
                                OMG, indeed! I am not playing in a band and don't play live so recording is pretty much the only thing I do at this moment. This means that you always need to use Superior Drummer (or any of the other products out there) to record. This is really pretty weird and hopefully this gets resolved in an upcoming update.

                                This type of info makes me reconsider my order for my 50KV. I'd better keep on using my TD25-K instead which is much cheaper as a MIDI convertor!!!

                                I'll be checking with the store where I ordered my TD50-KV and will keep you guys in the loop.
                                You can record the module kits via USB directly into Garage Band or your DAW of choice without using Superior Drummer.
                                But yes, thats bizarre that you can't record to the SD card for more than a couple of minutes, that seems pointless.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X