Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I transfer drum set sounds from my TD30 to TD50?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I transfer drum set sounds from my TD30 to TD50?

Just got a new TD-50KV. I have to say that although there's a lot of comments on it, I think it's a nice improvement. Especially the snare drum!

But I don't like the pre-loaded kits. My TD30 had much better sounding ones. Is there some way to transfer them over from my old module to the new one? Or download them from somewhere?

I need to spend more time getting to know my module. I've been playing my TD30KV for a year but I just plugged it in and started playing.

Thanks so much!
    Brian

Hi,
    No you can't to this, they are using new sound and couple of new feature in the editing, it's not possible, you will have to tweak your sound for your taste.

Best
    Chris
    [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

kinda what I was afraid of. Is there any extra kits that can be downloaded thru Roland or somewhere that are already done for the TD50? I wish they had more on it for a $7K set! At least the same stuff my TD-30 had.
      Last edited by bjherron; 12-31-16, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bjherron View Post
        kinda what I was afraid of. Is there any extra kits that can be downloaded thru Roland or somewhere that are already done for the TD50? I wish they had more on it for a $7K set! At least the same stuff my TD-30 had.
        They will eventually have, and VEX will release new patch sound, but for now, it's the only way to tweak the sound, remember the TD module are made for tweaking, the preset kits are always like average since it existence.
        Last edited by Chris K; 12-31-16, 06:29 PM.
        [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

Lots of assuming here, if you still have the TD30, couldn't you dive into all the settings of the kits you like, then come pretty close to dialing in those onto the TD 50?

Assuming the tech and settings are somewhat close in concept?

Comment

What kind of sound are you looking for? If you want a bigger room sound,turn on ambience and set it to cave. I had luck bleNing the walnut popper with the oil maple snare. The Jarrah toms can sound good .

Comment

You can export sounds from the td30 as audio samples and then import them on an SD card into thenTD50, but only two samples per instrument.
              . digitalDrummer
              Review index

Comment

Working...
              X