Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Connecting Roland's KD-9 kick pad to Yamaha DTX 502

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Roland's KD-9 kick pad to Yamaha DTX 502

Hi all,

The other day I tested Roland TD 11kv and Yamaha DTX 542. Although Roland was awesome but because of some feature in DTX 502 series I have decided to get Yamaha, however I didn't like the Yamaha's kick pad. The Roland's was awesome though.

I was wondering if it is possible to connect Roland KD 9 kick pedal to DTX 502 series? And has anyone done that before? Please let me know...I can't really get that kick pedal out of my head and I still want the Yamaha drum kit.

It'll work. They're just piezos. You'll just need to tune the settings on the module. Of interest, which Yamaha kick model did you test?
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

You will probably have to turn the gain up for the Roland pad. I have a new KD9 for sale in the classifieds if you need one.

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
        It'll work. They're just piezos. You'll just need to tune the settings on the module. Of interest, which Yamaha kick model did you test?
        I think it was KP65. Very hard rubber pad and the noise with the module switched off was terrible. Thanks for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
          You will probably have to turn the gain up for the Roland pad. I have a new KD9 for sale in the classifieds if you need one.
          I'd like to but I live in Australia ... it costs the whole drum kit itself to send it over

Comment

Originally posted by xbmono View Post

I think it was KP65. Very hard rubber pad and the noise with the module switched off was terrible. Thanks for your reply
            KP65? It's dead soft you can squish it with your fingers. Softer than my Roland KD8....
            Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

KP65? It's dead soft you can squish it with your fingers. Softer than my Roland KD8....
              Yes you're right, I went to the store again yesterday... it is soft but I realised the difference is that the Yamaha's is smaller in diameter so despite of being soft hitting it is like hitting a hard surface

Comment

Originally posted by xbmono View Post
                despite of being soft hitting it is like hitting a hard surface
                That seems a curious statement! It's soft yet hard. Must be a non-Newtonian kick pad.

Comment

It's soft yet hard. :
                  That's what she said!

"It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Why don't go for the KT-10, much quieter and feels quite realistic?
                    E-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpx92wez8v...3558.jpg?raw=1
                    A-kit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxkwbj1rv7...345-1.jpg?raw=1
                    TD-30, KT10, PD-105/125, 13" DIY + BT-1, VH-11/CY14/15/5, PM-30, HD-280 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

That's what she said!
                      I didn't say that both pads are soft but the wider the pad is the more bouncy it is... just like a trampoline... because the Roland's is wider you feel like you're hitting something soft but Y's is smaller it doesn't feel that way

Comment

Originally posted by djska View Post
                        Why don't go for the KT-10, much quieter and feels quite realistic?
                        Yes I am considering it... I just need to test it. Thanks

Comment

I am considering the same thing, I have a Yamaha dtx 522 (502 module) I like the kit a lot, the only weak point to the kit is the kp65 bass drum trigger, which is not very responsive at all and is quite loud (the rubber I mean, not the drum sound). I am just wondering if you did in fact get the kd 9 and how it worked out for you, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X