This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-50 -vs- Pearl Mimic -vs- ATV aD5

I wanted to start this alternative topic because we have a lots of posts and comments in discussion infiltrating the respective "topic" threads.

This thread will be purely for those wishing to discuss how these modules compare.

Let's try to keep all topics in respect to each module.

For reference, here are the main topics, IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS THE INDIVIDUAL MODULE SPECIFICALLY:Hope this helps!
    Alan

Great idea Alan. I don't have experience of the TD50 or Ad5 and the Mimic hasn't been released yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing comparisons between these 3.

Comment

@ KiD Me too!
      I just wonder which will come first SSD5 / Mimic Pro or iphone 9
      I do like Roland's way of announcement to shipping in 3 months or so. I would rather play a kit than speculate about it for years to come!
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

TD30, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I'm laughing in a sinister way a little, because the first of the announced modules is not on the list.... the Strike seems to have struck itself out of existence...
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
          I'm laughing in a sinister way a little, because the first of the announced modules is not on the list.... the Strike seems to have struck itself out of existence...

I noticed that also.
          As is the 2box d3?

TD30, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I'm optimistic that the mimic pro will be released by spring. sound wise after watching several you tube vids, the mimic comes out on top imo.
            i do have td20x kit and have a td30 up for sale . it is probably a good thing i am having a house built and in a long process of getting old house ready for sale and packing so i am not so distracted on rushing on a new module, so awaiting patiently.
            Roland TD 20 bk, TD 20X, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Kit Toys, Gibraltar rack, Roland KC 500,
            Audio Technica ADH50X, BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
              I do like Roland's way of announcement to shipping in 3 months or so. I would rather play a kit than speculate about it for years to come!
              But they released 3 Flagship module in approx 21 years and see what they came each time with the enhancement....worth to wait 21 years for these improvement?
              Last edited by Chris K; 10-24-16, 02:26 AM.
              Regards
              Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

I noticed that also.
                As is the 2box d3?
                I actually just made the title/topic based on the three most talked about and currently active topics. I can add others later, but you're welcome to talk about them in comparison. That's what this topic is for.
                Alan

Comment

chris K
                  TD-30 to TD-50 4years
                  Yamaha dtx900 to ? 7 years and counting
                  Alesis dm10 to Strike pro 7 years and counting
                  Drummit 5 to Drummit? 6 years and counting

Not sure I understand your point.
                  Did somebody you know wait 21 years to purchase a TD-50?
                  All I am saying is each time Roland does a release from announcement to shipping has been less than 6 months waiting time. Maybe their people can keep secrets better than other companies?
                  I like the idea of hearing about a new product and being able to buy it before a year or more has passed.

Comment

What is with using SD memory cards? The TD-30, TD-9 uses usb sticks.
                    I have lost SD cards but never lost a usb stick and not every computer has a card reader built in.

Comment

Did somebody you know wait 21 years to purchase a TD-50? All I am saying is each time Roland does a release from announcement to shipping has been less than 6 months waiting time..
                      For sure it's better to have the module\drumkit faster after the Initial announcement, what I am saying is, the waiting time for Initial announcement and product release became less important compare for what the module could bring overs their past years of developments, release 2 month after the initial announcement wont make a product better, TD-50 has skipped years compare to previous time frame, probably mainly because of upcoming competition announcement, but they end up with 4 full drum kits, 2 ride, 2 hihat sounds for a Flagship highly cost, how much time customer will wait to have other kits? 1, 2 years? free or payware?

ATV released just after the announcement with 5 drumkit, USB MIDI not working at release, few pad compatibility not 100% functional and now after 11 month a store for payware instruments..

The announcement can save you lots of money and seen development, and others new kids on the block development instead of trowing your money quickly, end up selling your module, which I saw many active users on this forum, with the subforum classifieds under 1 years after purchases, they end up buying something else.
                      Last edited by Chris K; 10-29-16, 01:05 PM.
                      Regards
                      Chris K

Comment

For me the Mimic pro looks fantastic & I wonder what collection of kits one can put in this unit. I use on the TD-30 & TM2 a collection of electronic sounds and of course traditional kit sounds. Also I'm not familiar with Pearl E drums/heads... have done some research with mixed results on performance. I think if Pearl came out with an all in one E kit solution meaning, a playable head/rim design like Roland that can be inserted into any drum shell like they currently do, what a winner.
                        Roland TD-30, TD-12, Roland Pads/Cymbals
                        SD2, EZD2, QSC K12s

Comment

Originally posted by Othila View Post
                          For me the Mimic pro looks fantastic & I wonder what collection of kits one can put in this unit. I use on the TD-30 & TM2 a collection of electronic sounds and of course traditional kit sounds. Also I'm not familiar with Pearl E drums/heads... have done some research with mixed results on performance. I think if Pearl came out with an all in one E kit solution meaning, a playable head/rim design like Roland that can be inserted into any drum shell like they currently do, what a winner.
                          You can use 3rd party pad/cymbal as they said compatible with most compatible with them..You only need to buy the module in reality, VST sound quality.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 10-24-16, 05:59 AM.
                          Regards
                          Chris K

Comment

Fantastic.
                            Roland TD-30, TD-12, Roland Pads/Cymbals
                            SD2, EZD2, QSC K12s

Comment

Originally posted by Othila View Post
                              Fantastic.
                              Roland Crash\Ride was used on the latest MIMIC video with all working zone
                              Last edited by Chris K; 10-25-16, 03:20 AM.
                              Regards
                              Chris K

Comment

Working...
                              X