Roland TD-50 -vs- Pearl Mimic -vs- Alesis Strike -vs- ATV aD5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gui Sepultura View Post
    Also the aD5! It sounds amazing! This is a cheaper choice if you don't need too many inputs... Of course Mimic is a "monster" with great sounds, much more inputs and versatile for sounds tweaking and recording, but if you have low budget you may consider tha ATV aD5.
    Yes, the aD5 would be a great choice. Awesome, clean sounds and it is easy to configure and use.
    TD-50KV, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, DW Hardware

Comment

Also the aD5! It sounds amazing! This is a cheaper choice if you don't need too many inputs... Of course Mimic is a "monster" with great sounds, much more inputs and versatile for sounds tweaking and recording, but if you have low budget you may consider tha ATV aD5.
      The price point is attractive for sure, but I think I'd prefer to have individual outputs so FOH has more control.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingrazor View Post

The price point is attractive for sure, but I think I'd prefer to have individual outputs so FOH has more control.
        Correct. This is why I recommended the Mimic. The output options are ULTRA flexible. Any decent FOH engineer is DEFINITELY going to want multi-track options.
        Alan

Comment

Gui- your YouTube demo of the aD5 with 14 kits is what made me decide to buy the module! I was going back and forth with Roland and 2Box, but when I heard that demo (and watched it 100 times), my mind was made up. Perfect for my needs and a more affordable option. The sounds are brilliant.
          ATV aD5, ATV Snare, Roland V-Drums, ATV & Roland Cymbals, Gibson Les Pauls & Marshall Amps

Comment

• Originally posted by skhan007 View Post

Gui- your YouTube demo of the aD5 with 14 kits is what made me decide to buy the module! I was going back and forth with Roland and 2Box, but when I heard that demo (and watched it 100 times), my mind was made up. Perfect for my needs and a more affordable option. The sounds are brilliant.
            I'm glad you liked the video!
            For my needs the aD5 is also perfect! Sounds amazing, no need to tweak, just sit and play for hours LOL

Comment

• I got to try a strike at my local L&M last Friday was not impressed triggering is weak IMO. I am sure with adjustments it prolly gets better but still... Sounds were not half bad..
              Last edited by Bobvan; 04-09-18, 11:15 AM.
              Pearl MIMIC Pro. 2X PD125X 4X PD105X KD7 CY12 2X CY13 CY15 VH11 BT1 MDS-50K

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
                I got to try a strike at my local L&M last Friday was not impressed triggering is weak IMO. I am sure with adjustments it prolly gets better but still... Sounds were not half bad..
                Maybe the v1.3 was not installed too, I think all device came with 1.0, triggering was much better with 1.3 from reports. But I know testing kit in store are the worst things as well, people often play with all settings.
                Last edited by Chris K; 04-09-18, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• I realize that but that also applies to Roland and Yamaha and never seen that far off prolly software and was more curious nice looking kit. Like KV at 1/3 the price...
                  Last edited by Bobvan; 04-09-18, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• After playing the MIMIC quickly I will say that it is good. The the 50's has some decent sounds as well. The MIMIC outdoes the 50's IMO in offering all acoustic kits vs junk sounds that no one really cares for.
                    Last edited by Bobvan; 05-26-18, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X