Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

individual outs on the td-8...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• individual outs on the td-8...

i was reading threads today, and someone had stated that you cannot set individual pads to different outputs on the td-8.. you can..

mixer
    f1
    select "out"

and there yah go.. you can set each to either master, ml, mr, direct, dl, dr or master/direct..

Later,
    Blind...

I was probably that "someone" you referred to, and while it's true that you can do this just as you described on the TD-8, the problem is that the setting you configure is global. In other words, if you decided to (for example) route Tom 1 and Tom 2 to the Direct outputs for a particular kit, every one of the TD-8's 64 available kits would be set up this same way. It cannot be customized on a per-kit basis, which really sucks, incidentally.....

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited July 17, 2001).]
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

That's with the ddrum4 as well. I hate it....

Sometimes I use one input for a 4th tom and the other time I use it for a 2nd bass. When using it as 4th tom it should be on the same outs as the rest of my toms, panned somewhere right. And if I change to 2nd kick, it must be on my 'kick' out...
      Music was my first love...

Comment

Originally posted by MPCman:
        That's with the ddrum4 as well. I hate it....

Sometimes I use one input for a 4th tom and the other time I use it for a 2nd bass.

I don't think the sound engineers would prefer different output settings for each kit you use. They adjust the drum sound on the mixer and when suddently a bass drum appears on the tom channel ...
        Robert

Comment

That's exactly what happens now, without the possibility to set the outputs for each kit individually...

If you prepare your stuff well, nothing will go wrong.
          Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
          X