This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hblu2002 View Post
    The lightest ghost notes are registered.
    I think you had problem with previous module or wrong trigger setting to accommodate your playing, also if your mesh head tension is wrong also affect the surface sensing, I can with any module register lightest ghost notes even with the Td-15, td 25 etc..see his left hand as proof, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42v...youtu.be&t=113
    Last edited by Chris K; 02-16-17, 01:30 PM.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

I think you had problem with previous module or wrong setting, if your mesh head tension is wrong also affect the surface sensing, I can with any module register lightest ghost notes even with the Td-15, td 25 etc..see left hand, here is the proof, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W42v...youtu.be&t=113
      That is very impressive and sounds so much better than a Roland module. One thing that is interesting on the PD140 is the dynamic range seems wider than any other pads. It can go to an extra loud hit very smoothly.

I would like to get a Drumtec snare for the Mimic but they will not ship to the US.

Comment

• Anybody know what happened to the TD50 owners thread? I haven't been able to access it for a couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by pro60 View Post
          Anybody know what happened to the TD50 owners thread? I haven't been able to access it for a couple of days.
          Not sure what problem you are having, I have visited the thread several times in the last couple days: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...-please/page10
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50 and 2ea. 2Box modules, drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

Not sure what problem you are having, I have visited the thread several times in the last couple days: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...-please/page10
            I've been getting a message saying something like "you are not authorized to view this thread, try logging in as a different user or send a message to Admin".
            tried again this morning and i can now see the thread. thanks.

Comment

• I've had the same message a couple of days ago - logged out and then back in and I could view the thread - the problem hasn't re-occurred.
              TD-50 upgrade kit, BFD3 on MacBook Pro, Focusrite 2Pre interface, SPD-sx, SPD-30, Roland KD 140 kick, PD-BC 128/108 pads, Gen16 AE pickups on Paiste signature cymbals, DW 6000 & 9000 Hardware, Allen & Heath mixer, Fohhn Xperience III PA, Fohhn XT-33 active speaker drum monitor

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

That is very impressive and sounds so much better than a Roland module. One thing that is interesting on the PD140 is the dynamic range seems wider than any other pads. It can go to an extra loud hit very smoothly.

I would like to get a Drumtec snare for the Mimic but they will not ship to the US.
                Really? I thought Drumtec shipped to the US? Is it only certain products they don't?

Comment

• Originally posted by pro60 View Post
                  Anybody know what happened to the TD50 owners thread? I haven't been able to access it for a couple of days.
                  Originally posted by willsud View Post
                  I've had the same message a couple of days ago - logged out and then back in and I could view the thread - the problem hasn't re-occurred.
                  Originally posted by pro60 View Post

I've been getting a message saying something like "you are not authorized to view this thread, try logging in as a different user or send a message to Admin".
                  tried again this morning and i can now see the thread. thanks.
                  Sounds like we may have another cookie issue.

I'll send this to vB.
                  Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post

Really? I thought Drumtec shipped to the US? Is it only certain products they don't?
                    You need to write them but there is Jobeky ship to Us I think have the same thing, but in reality you can build it your self.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 02-17-17, 12:26 PM.
                    Regards
                    Chris K

Comment

• I think Jobeky just attaches the trigger to the shell. The interesting thing for me with Drum Tec is the system with metal going to every lug. I could make one but probably never would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                        I think Jobeky just attaches the trigger to the shell. The interesting thing for me with Drum Tec is the system with metal going to every lug. I could make one but probably never would.
                        It wont make any difference to every lugs or no, its the cone that touch the head.
                        Regards
                        Chris K

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

It wont make any difference to every lugs or no, its the cone that touch the head.
                          I mean for consistent rim triggering.

Comment

• or try the cake pan method.
                            Pearl Mimic pro on pre order Roland TD 20 bk, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Kit Toys, Roland KC 500,
                            Audio Technica ADH50X, BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

• Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                              or try the cake pan method.
                              The Drop in Pan conversion works excellent. Some complain about it being louder, but that is only because the pan acts like a resonance chamber and can be quieted easily by placing a little pillow type foam or other dampening material in the pan. Been there, done that. J.
                              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50 and 2ea. 2Box modules, drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post

The Drop in Pan conversion works excellent. Some complain about it being louder, but that is only because the pan acts like a resonance chamber and can be quieted easily by placing a little pillow type foam or other dampening material in the pan. Been there, done that. J.
                                i sprayed black flex seal in the inside of the cake pan for a 8" tom for my red diy kit and seems no louder and or resonance than that of a cross bar setup. i did use the same tech trigger plate setup (diy) as the pd128 so no worries on where i was going to stick that rim piezo. lol
                                Pearl Mimic pro on pre order Roland TD 20 bk, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Kit Toys, Roland KC 500,
                                Audio Technica ADH50X, BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

Working...
                                X