X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cavok View Post

Hi Michael.

Thanks for responding - I admit that I had to read your sentence quoted above several times to be sure that you really wrote what you write here and I must say I am stunned... You together with Roland has decided not to show video AND SOUND of the TD50 that got "jaws to fell on the ground" based on posts in this forum????

Best regards

C

You didn't really read my post correctly apparently, nor did other reacting readers : I'm referring to the recordings/clips of the dealer presentation I played last Monday night ONLY!
    I never stated anything about other events, performances nor Roland initiatives outside of this Benelux event!
    SuperNATURAL drummer. Hostile relationship with latency and unnatural trigger reaction. SquarElectric "MichaelSchack.Drums" play along album
    Download --> (link) http://michaelschack.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jay888bee View Post
      Alan, you really need to take a chill pill. Seriously. We are having a discussion. Isn't that the whole point of a forum. As long as nobody is being abusive, and offending others, what is the problem? I think you take the whole moderator job a little too far sometimes! What is the point of Michael posting a reply telling us the latest vid is jaw dropping and then saying we can't hear it??? It makes no sense at all!
      We've lost multiple Roland reps over the years because of the exact same types of barrage of constantly critical and rhetorical comments that are going on right now. Sooner or later, it drives them away. Is this what everyone wants again? It happens like clockwork after every major release. We are very lucky to have Michael share his time and knowledge with us. Why don't you try reading my post again, and then take a moment to understand my goal. It's for the betterment of the entire community's future.
      Alan

Comment

• Can you enlighten on release time frame on module, kits... I'm hearing Oct, Nov and January??

Comment

• Originally posted by thevault View Post
          Can you enlighten on release time frame on module, kits... I'm hearing Oct, Nov and January??
          Roland is telling the stores late October or early November for full kits, and January for components.
          Alan

Comment

• Thanks Michael Schack for taking time to post on the forum. It is very helpful and I'm always glad to see posts from reps and professionals that have the inside scoop. I hope you can grow a Thick Skin ...... LOL ... We definitely don't want to see you get run off. J
            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• I'm not sure if I posted this on vdrums.com ...... with all the different forums and social media sites along with my increasing age and decreasing memory, it is hard to remember where I posted what Anyway, I definitely hear improvement in the TD-50 module sounds. The 1st night of the release I didn't really notice much change, but after I heard some of the official Roland US site demos instantly I could hear much more natural sounding cymbals and toms with longer sustains that also sound more natural. I can tell that more effort and a higher standard went into the recordings for the new sound engine. So, I do believe this will be a good step forward from the previous generation Roland modules. I also am looking forward to testing out the new digital snare and Ride. I am quite happy with my current setup, but am optimistic about the improvements in the TD-50 and digital upgrade pack and look forward to trying out the new stuff. J

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50, 2Box modules,(Mimic coming), drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Can you enlighten on release time frame on module, kits... I'm hearing Oct, Nov and January??
                I pre-Ordered a TD-50 module. The place I ordered it from said they were shipping from Roland last Friday (the 23rd) and they would have it in 5-10 days after that. So I should be getting my hands on mine soon! I don't know if its the same for other dealers though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsnkc View Post

I pre-Ordered a TD-50 module. The place I ordered it from said they were shipping from Roland last Friday (the 23rd) and they would have it in 5-10 days after that. So I should be getting my hands on mine soon! I don't know if its the same for other dealers though.
                  Interesting, considering Michael just confirmed not the first production kit has been shipped anywhere in the world yet, and that no module had been produced in its final state.
                  Alan

Comment

• This is what I'm talking about .....! I keep reading/hearing different times and some people who say they're getting a TD50 soon... Placing an order doesn't mean you are getting the TD50 before January......right? The email I received from Roland conveyed

"The TD-50 is scheduled to start shipping to dealers later this year. We're hoping sometime in late November or December, however due to a number of factors, that could change to a later time.

Comment

• I just checked the email I got from my sales guy again and he said his Roland rep said the 23rd is a firm ship date, and they should see them in 5-7 days after that. Im following up with him to see if he can confirm if it has been shipped out to them yet or not.
                      Last edited by jsnkc; 09-28-16, 10:14 PM.

Comment

This is what I'm talking about .....! I keep reading/hearing different times and some people who say they're getting a TD50 soon... Placing an order doesn't mean you are getting the TD50 before January......right? The email I received from Roland conveyed

"The TD-50 is scheduled to start shipping to dealers later this year. We're hoping sometime in late November or December, however due to a number of factors, that could change to a later time.
                        I have several sources I've been talking with since the reveal, and this is what they all have conveyed to me as well as soon as they had an official word from Roland.
                        Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumsarecool

You are not the right man to be moderating a public forum. You should really considering turning the job over to someone more reasonable, open-minded and mature. Your God complex is unbecoming.
                          Maybe you haven't been around this forum very long. We used to have Drew from Roland but I think all the complaints from people drove him away. I think criticism of products should be detailed and productive. There is no reason to make a hired Roland performer uncomfortable about things that they are not in control of .

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

We used to have Drew from Roland but I think all the complaints from people drove him away.
                            Whose decision was that?
                            . digitalDrummer
                            Review index

Comment

• Originally posted by allanjohn View Post

Whose decision was that?
                              I don't think it was anyone's decision. He just stopped posting here. He might just be too busy but it is nice to have Michael here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

Maybe you haven't been around this forum very long. We used to have Drew from Roland but I think all the complaints from people drove him away. I think criticism of products should be detailed and productive. There is no reason to make a hired Roland performer uncomfortable about things that they are not in control of .
                                We've had more than one rep leave the forum due to the constant negativity of posts directed at them. In this case, Peter is correct.
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X