This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qcaze View Post
    Yes, I agree - unfortunately they don't.. Exactly the same price in most (big) stores actually Drum-tec Thomann, Gear4music - Maybe the conversion rate (EUR to USD) is causing the comparably high price tag. The best price I've seen is converts (from DKK) to around 3400 USD.
    couple years before currency was the same as USD, would get the same price as USD in Canada, now it's totally different, and after checking here, it's about the same in Canada, about 150$ extra USD currency converted to CND price https://www.stevesmusic.com/search-r...=td-50&x=0&y=0
    Last edited by Chris K; 12-06-16, 04:09 PM.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

• I've done some string searching and come up empty. Maybe just didn't try the right keywords. In any case, does anyone have input on importing TD-30 into the TD-50? The TD-50 looks like a different architecture - l'm bracing myself for the reality of nope, no direct importing.
      I have a handful of kits in the TD-30 I'd really not want to lose, or commit to what may be extensive time to properly recreate.
      I have generally stayed current with the Roland V-drum product line, but this reality is making me pause.
      Any input appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

only 2800$ for TD50DP? the module cost 2400$ alone, for 400$ you get the ride and snare for mostly 200$ each? the snare cost 700$USD and the ride 450$USD , also if I check here http://www.sweetwater.com/store/sear...td50&Go=Search, I can't find the TD50DP model, how did you ordered TD50DP from sweetwater?
        Basically, back in late October I called my Sales Engineer at Sweetwater (I'm a long time customer) and asked if they were getting the digital pack. He said they had already ordered an allotment and so I asked him to put me on the list, that I wanted one when it arrived. It's probably not on the webpage yet because they are filling pre orders right now, at least that's what I would assume.

As to the price, we suspected there would be a discount for the bundle, but I didn't think it would be that much either. What can I say, Sweetwater is an exceptional outfit, which is why I buy almost all of my gear from them and have for many years now.

Comment

• Sold my TD20 this past weekend, had it for about 12 years I think,
          ordered the TD50KV from Kraft today, should have it in 10 days or so.
          I never got to play the TD30 so I'm hoping this feels like a significant upgrade
          for that big price tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtrego View Post

Basically, back in late October I called my Sales Engineer at Sweetwater (I'm a long time customer) and asked if they were getting the digital pack. He said they had already ordered an allotment and so I asked him to put me on the list, that I wanted one when it arrived. It's probably not on the webpage yet because they are filling pre orders right now, at least that's what I would assume.

As to the price, we suspected there would be a discount for the bundle, but I didn't think it would be that much either. What can I say, Sweetwater is an exceptional outfit, which is why I buy almost all of my gear from them and have for many years now.
            Kraft music and most others sell it at 3240 USD or higher everywhere, 2800$USD is only 400$ higher then the module cost with digital snare and ride is a deal, lets see if this price will still the same published at their site or was only special preorder discount.
            Last edited by Chris K; 12-06-16, 06:15 PM.
            Regards
            Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

Kraft music and most others sell it at 3240 USD or higher everywhere, 2800$USD is only 400$ higher then the module cost with digital snare and ride is a deal, lets see if this price will still the same published at their site or was only special preorder discount.
              Sweetwaters ad price per what they told me will be 2899.00 so my preorder discount was 100.00

Comment

• Originally posted by pro60 View Post
                Sold my TD20 this past weekend, had it for about 12 years I think,
                ordered the TD50KV from Kraft today, should have it in 10 days or so.
                I never got to play the TD30 so I'm hoping this feels like a significant upgrade
                for that big price tag.
                Oh my gosh you will notice a huge difference ..i upgraded from td 30 to 50 with digital pack and the 50 brings the entire kit to life although the star is the snare. Its the first edrum ive ever played that feels just as good to play as an acoustic snare. Amazing feel and sensitivity to the snare but the toms sound immensely better ..not even close to the 30.

Comment

• I also bought my upgrade package for 2710 euro......and a day later it was 3299 euro......so for me it was also a good deal in comparison with the module.....Here only the module cost 2499 euro.....

Comment

Sweetwaters ad price per what they told me will be 2899.00 so my preorder discount was 100.00
                    The odd thing is many are not advertising the DP version......trying to push full kits.

Comment

• Originally posted by thevault View Post

The odd thing is many are not advertising the DP version......trying to push full kits.
                      Yep. That's why I specifically talked to my Sales Engineer 6 weeks ago and asked ahead of time to make sure they were getting the DPs specifically and he knew exactly what I was talking about but they haven't put it up on the site yet because they are filling pre orders only right now.

Somebody asked about this a week or so ago but the digital upgrade (for those with a TD-30 kit) is definitely worth it. I haven't been able to allocate much time yet but I have made a few immediate observations. Much of the discussion so far has focused on sounds so I'm not going to add much there from what Peter and others have said other than to say that these sounds are really good. Don't listen to videos to determine the sounds - you have to hear this stuff for yourself to judge. It sounds way better than I expected.

What I immediately noticed though was how much more natural the playing experience is. The latency is almost negligible now to the point I don't even notice it. This is especially the case with the kick. You can now play triplets (tom/tom/kick) with out the kick note dragging behind so everything I play sounds faster/feels faster than what I was able to do with the 30. That was a big issue for many with the 30. So for those triggering MIDI this is a huge improvement. The snare is divine. It's solid, beautiful (color matches the rest of the BC kit - for some reason I thought is was going to be more like the silver shells) and plays like an acoustic snare - easily the best edrum I've ever played. I don't hear much machine gunning on the toms either. I know everyone is fussing about that but its negligible.

I haven't even made any adjustments yet - the above observations are just with playing with it out of the box so I expect everything to improve even further with tweaking.

Comment

• Musicians Friend currently has a 17% off holiday discount - I guarantee, for anyone who hasn't bought, if you ask one of the reps in 'chat' to apply the discount, they would.

Comment

couple years before currency was the same as USD, would get the same price as USD in Canada, now it's totally different, and after checking here, it's about the same in Canada, about 150$ extra USD currency converted to CND price https://www.stevesmusic.com/search-r...=td-50&x=0&y=0

Yep pretty well same prices in BC Canada. It's what I am paying for the module. Perhaps there will be holiday sales we shall see...
                          Roland TD 50KV ish, DW Collectors series A kit

Comment

• I can only recommend everyone to try their luck at negotiating a better deal. I went for the TD-50DP + KD-A22 combo and got my local store down to 3000. Thats 600 less than what its now advertised for. Still havent had it delivered though, but due to the expected delay theyve already talked about a voucher to compensate for the delay. The amount will depend on the actual delay when finally ships. Fingers crossed that it arrives soon. I could happily skip any compensation for having the kits in my hands sooner.

Comment

Oh my gosh you will notice a huge difference ..i upgraded from td 30 to 50 with digital pack and the 50 brings the entire kit to life although the star is the snare. Its the first edrum ive ever played that feels just as good to play as an acoustic snare. Amazing feel and sensitivity to the snare but the toms sound immensely better ..not even close to the 30.
                              Thanks man, thats good to hear!

Comment

• Originally posted by ccstudio View Post
                                I've done some string searching and come up empty. Maybe just didn't try the right keywords. In any case, does anyone have input on importing TD-30 into the TD-50? The TD-50 looks like a different architecture - l'm bracing myself for the reality of nope, no direct importing.
                                I have a handful of kits in the TD-30 I'd really not want to lose, or commit to what may be extensive time to properly recreate.
                                I have generally stayed current with the Roland V-drum product line, but this reality is making me pause.
                                Any input appreciated.
                                It's a totally different module, there's no such thing as 'importing' from the TD30 - you'll need to start from scratch I'm afraid. If only Roland had followed the iPhone platform...

Comment

Working...
                                X