Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

How good are the effects on the Mackie CFX boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are the effects on the Mackie CFX boards?

I'm looking at getting a soundboard to run my V-drums through and am considering the Mackie CFX12. I just wondered of those of you that have one of the CFX boards how would you rate the effects on it. Mackie claims that their effects are as good as that of outboard processors. I've never gotten to listen to them and was curious as to the opinions of those of you that use these boards.

Thanks,

James

I am not sure about the mackie efx., but I have a carvin mixer with efx. and I don,t use them. I find for the music I play, (modern rock)offspring, train, lincoln park, ect. I don't need any efx. If I had to do it again I would buy the mackie w/out efx. and add a bbe (a must have). Then if you feel you want some efx you can add them later.

I am sure that the mackie efx are much better than the carvin efx. but out board efx usually sound much better than on board efx + you will have much more control with outboard efx. My drums sound great with just the mixer and the bbe. Just my opinion. I am no xpert though.

Kurt
    Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

DrummerBoyJ,
      I have a CFX12. I like it. I don't know a lot about outboard effects, but my friend who owns the music store I bought the Mackie at was impressed with the CFX series enough to recommend it to me. He IMHO has a very critical ear and could have sold me many other products. I hope this helps you.

Comment

Rudi-mint & Tom,

Thanks for your replies. I think I'll go ahead and get the Mackie. Certainly the less weight I have to drag around when I move my V-drums the better, not to mention spending additional green on the effects.

Thanks,

James

Comment

Hi James,
          I have a Mackie CFX16 that I use with my V Customs and the effects are not the very best but they do a nice job for adding just that touch of reverb to wetting up the sound. I found that the advantage of not having to carry around an extra effects box really simplifies the sound rig and speeds my setup time. My only wish was that Mackie would provide dual effects built in instead of just one effect. I would have gladly paid extra for it. I think Soundcraft makes a mixer or a powered mixer with dual built in Lexicon effects. You may want to check that out as well.

Bruce....

Comment

Working...
          X