This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone,

New here and i just discovered this Pearl module to be released. I have read MOST of the 71 pages but pardon me if i missed some of the posts....

I'm on the market for an e-drum, played accoustic for 5-6 years in my old time and want something to play with at home now that i'm old.

I looked at the Alesis strike pro, TD25kv, TD30k, 2box and now this.
    I would be curious if somebody did the exercise before to do a custom build based on the hardware manufacturers strenght combined with this module. Is there good threads about this?
    Would you rather recommend buying a td-30k or Yamaha 750k without module instead of picking everything piece by piece?

Then, is there a list of compatible hardware for the Mimic pro?
    Would it be possible to put in another trigger module in midi in for extra toms and cymbals?

Thanks,

Last edited by tomaifauchai; 01-11-17, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomaifauchai View Post
      Hi Everyone,

New here and i just discovered this Pearl module to be released. I have read MOST of the 71 pages but pardon me if i missed some of the posts....

I'm on the market for an e-drum, played accoustic for 5-6 years in my old time and want something to play with at home now that i'm old.

I looked at the Alesis strike pro, TD25kv, TD30k, 2box and now this.
      I would be curious if somebody did the exercise before to do a custom build based on the hardware manufacturers strenght combined with this module. Is there good threads about this?
      Would you rather recommend buying a td-30k or Yamaha 750k without module instead of picking everything piece by piece?

Then, is there a list of compatible hardware for the Mimic pro?
      Would it be possible to put in another trigger module in midi in for extra toms and cymbals?

Thanks,
      Welcome to the forum:

-No detailed list yet but most majors pad\cymbal manufacture will works, such as Alesis, Roland and Yamaha, and if new or things will be added later with update.

-From one users writes to Pearl, yes you can plugs another module with MIDI IN to extend sound, BUT there is already 16 triggers In MIMIC as default, and you can mix probably many things, like 7 toms, with x cymbal amount, vices versa etc.

-The hardware depend what are your preference mesh or silicon, but the Yamaha hi-hat controller build is limited to 4 stage, reported from Mr.boo, go with Roland HIHAT much better result, it's up to you and your budget, you could buy used gear as well to save money.
      Last edited by Chris K; 01-11-17, 03:09 PM.
      Regards
      Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

• the pearl / slate team seem to care for their customers, that will Bless them with many sales and lots of $$$$ i wish other companies would see things this way and not only talking about musical instruments,
        Pearl Mimic pro on pre order Roland TD 20 bk, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Kit Toys, Roland KC 500,
        Audio Technica ADH50X, BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

• Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
          the pearl / slate team seem to care for their customers, that will Bless them with many sales and lots of $$$$ i wish other companies would see things this way and not only talking about musical instruments,
          I have to agree, they are passionate team and listen In most case.
          Last edited by Chris K; 01-11-17, 03:09 PM.
          Regards
          Chris K

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
            Do people use more than 16 inputs? I use 12 on the TD50 for gigs and it already takes a long time to set up.
            Serious? Of course they do silly! I have splitters on all 4 of my aux inputs just to get the inputs I need on my TDW20. Live playing? Maybe not so much, only in that few people actually gig with e kits and the ones I've seen are all smaller than BWaj's!

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• Perhaps I missed it earlier but is there any info on a possible PC interface to edit kits quickly, backup, restore, etc etc? Or the PC interface used to actually edit/load sounds into the module? Conversion abilities, etc etc? Seems like this is a MAJOR component for a module with loadable user sounds. No one seems to be talking about it.....I guarantee no one wants to go thru the painstaking process 2Box users have to do to load sampled drum libraries and assign them and load them into the module. Anyone?

K
              My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
              E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
              A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
              A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                Perhaps I missed it earlier but is there any info on a possible PC interface to edit kits quickly, backup, restore, etc etc? Or the PC interface used to actually edit/load sounds into the module? Conversion abilities, etc etc? Seems like this is a MAJOR component for a module with loadable user sounds.
                K
                I assume you're suggesting something like NFUZD using BFD Eco as their PC interface for editing and loading kits. Maybe Slate could consider providing a limited version of SSD-4/5 (like Essential) for basic editing functions and it could also be a convenient way for Mimic Pro users to share their custom kits.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qoXRVL6KwI
                Last edited by RhysT; 01-11-17, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• I don't understand edit kits quickly, backup, load kits? Yamaha DTX module use Ipad editor especially for this purpose and it's faster. Touch screen are (essentially pc editor), are a bit more easier and faster then PC software, without mouse click. normally, saving\load kits\backup via the module SD cards are made for this purpose, you could share these saved files to others.

These pc editor are more needed such of awful tons page In smaller LCD screen module to save lots of times with mini page , arrows and buttons navigation.

If they allow users multi-layers sample imports, this is something else it need pc editor to build your Instruments as well. There is one feature I like with Yamaha editor is the online dropbox sharing. But I think there will be editor for those expansion sound pack to install via USB to the SSD drive, unless its done via SD cards too.
                  Last edited by Chris K; 01-12-17, 02:15 AM.
                  Regards
                  Chris K

Comment

• Originally posted by RhysT View Post
                    Maybe Slate could consider providing a limited version of SSD-4/5 (like Essential) for basic editing functions and it could also be a convenient way for Mimic Pro users to share their custom kits.
                    There is nothing common between SSD4/5 and mimic sound engine. You can't just load SSD4 kits into mimic, these are different engines written for different purposes and for different hardware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
                      There is nothing common between SSD4/5 and mimic sound engine. You can't just load SSD4 kits into mimic, these are different engines written for different purposes and for different hardware.
                      Thanks for confirming there is no overlap between SSD5 and Mimic sound engine, as I wondered if the Slate team may be a bit cautious about protecting SSD5 with possible limitations in Mimic Pro.

It's also encouraging that Pearl don't seem to mind you guys designing Mimic Pro to be fully compatible with most other brands of hardware.

I appreciate you sharing your info with us and can't wait for more feedback from NAMM.
                      Last edited by RhysT; 01-12-17, 02:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhysT View Post

Thanks for confirming there is no overlap between SSD5 and Mimic sound engine, as I wondered if the Slate team may be a bit cautious about protecting SSD5 with possible limitations in Mimic Pro.
                        He did explaned previously, its not an exported software in kind of windows module, but totally built for this type of hardware and optimized structure base, for the protection, I dont see anything, when you save kits its simples typical small one preset files that organise your kits\setting there is no big files.

If you made cumulative of feature, individual instruments setting for attack, decay, sustain, release (ADSR), tune, volume, pan, dynamic range, curve range, compressor, EQ, all room mic, mixing layers snare\bass sound, most of SSD4 feature are there they even added few more like mimic hihat engine, reverb, routed click track etc.. and things we don't know yet.
                        Last edited by Chris K; 01-12-17, 02:09 PM.
                        Regards
                        Chris K

Comment

• Enough talk, I want one NOW !!
                          Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                          Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
                          Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

• Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
                            Enough talk, I want one NOW !!
                            shipped to you yzf125, open boxed,
                            one prototype and beta software version,
                            get the final contents and updated software at release.
                            Happy New Year, I shipped the picture in a letter post, sorry.
                            pearl_mimic_pro_electronic_drum_module.jpg
                            Last edited by Chris K; 01-12-17, 02:57 PM.
                            Regards
                            Chris K

Comment

• what about me, i want one too!
                              Pearl Mimic pro on pre order Roland TD 20 bk, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Kit Toys, Roland KC 500,
                              Audio Technica ADH50X, BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

• I wonder if yzf125 ever will change his td12...:-)
                                Sonor Force Stage 2007 and Sonor Safari, Roland , CY-14, 15R, 12CR, RT-10S&K, 2xBT-1, VH-11,-12,-13, KD-10, Quartz Triggers, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera 2x D14, D11, LectricMoo, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2Box 1.3.3, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, All ADpaks, Win10 on Microsoft Surface PRO 4, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH Conv Kit. www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X