X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
    it's 4 zone
    rimi1, rim2, head, rimshot
    Even better, I did not remember, only tried few time in local stores but like it.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

• Wow....nice work Mr. Boo. I am sure it will be a great module. I never saw the PEARL Cymbals in real....and here in Germany they are not available anymore, except the hi hat. So that is the reason why I was guessing that PEARL will produce some new ones specially tweaked for the MIMIC. But I think I will stick with my Roland Cymbals, because I expect they work just fine. But there is ONE question. In SSD 4 VST....there are BELL SAMPLES of crash Cymbals. Mr. Boo....do you plan to have 3 zones available in the Mimic Pro with SSD? Would be great if the edge, bow and bell would work in the Mimic Crashes. But Roland crashes are only 2 Zones pads....so that is another problem
      Last edited by spitfirejoe; 01-11-17, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Why sample cymbal bows if there are no any crash pads available with bow trigger support?

Comment

I'll probably add a special preset for splitting a dual zone input to two piezo pads for easier usage
          that would be sweet!
          Pearl Mimic pro on pre order, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,
          BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

Why sample cymbal bows if there are no any crash pads available with bow trigger support?
            That's not true. Many 2-zone cymbals are typically bow/edge so there's a zone (bow) being wasted. Also, there's nothing to stop you using 3-zone cymbals as crashes, so even sampling crash bells could make sense, though I understand there might not be such a demand for that. I work around this limitation in Addictive Drums (crashes are only edge + choke) by assigning ride bows to the crash bows, but I'd much rather be able to have the bow samples of the same crash.
            MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. kit pics thread

Comment

• Sorry, I was meaning bell, not bow.

Comment

• Honnestly the bell on crash is liklely never used, but someone could buy several yamaha rides used as crash and assign bell ride sample sound to the bell zone and assign crash sample to bow and edge zone. Bell sample could be wav imported or use the same as the ride edited with ADSR etc. It will do the same job. Mimic seem open in many area.
                Last edited by Chris K; 01-11-17, 11:17 AM.
                Regards
                Chris K

Comment

Sorry, I was meaning bell, not bow.
                  Ah, ok sorry, I guess I should have imagined.
                  MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. kit pics thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                    Honnestly the bell on crash is liklely never used, but someone could buy several yamaha rides used as crash and assign bell ride sample sound to the bell zone and assign crash sample to bow and edge zone. Bell sample could be wav imported or use the same as the ride edited with ADSR etc. It will do the same job. Mimic seem open in many area.
                    I already own a roland cy15 ride but i wonder if it would work if you just added a y cable so you could still use 1 input but plug in both inputs on the roland cymbal?
                    updated td9 brain,vh11, cy12c/r, cy15r, cy13c/r, axis long boards double pedal,pearl export drum shells with roland mesh heads,ddrum trigger on floor tom & roland rt30k trigger on kick drum,quartz trigger harness in upper toms and snare

Comment

• Yamaha cymbals 135 and 155 have a bell triggers but that would be a very low priority for me on crashes. I would be more interested in how well the ride triggers especially the bell on Roland rides. I have found the edge of Roland cymbals and hi hats triggers with more control than Yamaha. I also find that Roland cymbals have a rebound closer to real cymbals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                        Yamaha cymbals 135 and 155 have a bell triggers
                        Interresting I was not sure but if there is bell trigger he might able to do it like the ride/snare 4 zone, but for me not priority as well.
                        Last edited by Chris K; 01-11-17, 12:09 PM.
                        Regards
                        Chris K

Comment

• Originally posted by jammin777 View Post

that would be sweet!
                          Agree, more brilliant this way..
                          Regards
                          Chris K

Comment

• I've said it before and will say again, thanks Mr Boo for listening and answering questions and even attempting to fulfill some things that make a dream module. top notch!!
                            i cant wait to get one in my hands.
                            Pearl Mimic pro on pre order, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,
                            BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

• I got a lot of good info from all of you, so I want to say thanks to all the great people here =)
                              I really hope that our module will at least not disappoint you =)

Comment

I got a lot of good info from all of you, so I want to say thanks to all the great people here =)
                                I really hope that our module will at least not disappoint you =)
                                Thanks for your amazing work! It is not possible to disappoint us considering the competition!

I like the ability to communicate with you and the company about the future sounds as well. Steven Slate is very good at replying on forums. He must be extremely busy but his company has grown faster than any other music software company I have seen since I met him in 2010.

Roland has taken a "Wizard of OZ" approach which seems to have worked for them but I don't care for it. There is no way to communicate with them unless they happen to look at a forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X