This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
    Trying to copy someone - the only thing you can get in result is just a copy, and usually it is worse than the original =)
    )
    I would even not bother to copy someone at all, all module edrum on the market in most case are copying, added to Internal sound are not top VST quality, lacking on the dynamic range, limited layers, spend tons of time trying to get acceptable sound, make sound back to 90's samplers era which sounded good without layers and still some sound better then today. In 2017 era, expensive edrum module should sound studio ready out of the box plugs and play, without old generation board\cpu, If MIMIC would have limited board foundation, this entire thread would got simply to 90's direction. Copying edrum module did not advanced the edrum market, no support for their module, no expandable sound studio ready sound pack and 3rd party sound, look like this vision is new to the market as well.
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-05-17, 01:21 PM.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

• I think he was referring to copying Toontrack. I wouldn't do that either. The closed hi hat in Toontrack is still very machine like and obvious that it is not real.

Comment

• yes I know, but I was referring outside the hi-hat too, you can applies his own word for many area in edrum module, we are getting these same issue in most module, because most attempts to copy. The toontrack EZ2 sound nice, but lack of variation on the close to open 1/4, included lack of multilayers\round robin, I would rather have one module doing this and get supported with users feedback from drummer perspective, we will get faster to solve issue then millions of vst or new "cloned attempts" module.
        Last edited by Chris K; 01-05-17, 02:58 PM.
        Regards
        Chris K

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

we have a big hints, all triggers Inputs have cymbal choke function stated from pearl web site, also the toms previously answered you could use 7 toms as example, to me it's users end option for trigger input, also all zone are assignable.
          In theory since it supports external trigger modules, it can have a huge number of toms and cymbals. Now the extent on how much the external triggers can be edit/assigned/tweaked is unknown.
          TD-20 Expanded VExpressions Studio Kits
          PD-100 tom, PD-120 Tom, PD-120 Tom
          PD-120 FT, PD-120 FT
          KD-7 Bass, KD-7 Bass
          PD-120 Snare, PD-100 Secondary Snare
          Custom Gibraltar Rack

Comment

• Do people use more than 16 inputs? I use 12 on the TD50 for gigs and it already takes a long time to set up.

Comment

• 16 inputs is very sufficient. I just want to set up 5 toms ( 3 Racktoms in 8",10",12" ) and ( 2 Floortoms in 14" and 16" ) to be able to play Pink Floyd originally.
              I hope that all these tom sizes are available in nice samples. NAMM is soon, we did not get any new infos for a long time. So I hope to hear all detail infos soon from NAMM about the MIMIC PRO.

BTW......do you think it might be possible to request some special Cymbal and Drum samples later as purchasable packages?
              Would be nice if PEARL/SLATE would setup a homepage later after release where customers can vote for special sample packages.
              There are special PAISTE Cymbals (Signature Reflector Series ) I wish to have a samples inside the MIMIC PRO.That would be awesome to have.
              Last edited by spitfirejoe; 01-10-17, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by spitfirejoe View Post

BTW......do you think it might be possible to request some special Cymbal and Drum samples later as purchasable packages?
                Would be nice if PEARL/SLATE would setup a homepage later after release where customers can vote for special sample packages.
                There are special PAISTE Cymbals (Signature Reflector Series ) I wish to have a samples inside the MIMIC PRO.That would be awesome to have.
                I think something like this will happens, also they said earlier there will be expansions sound library packs later after the release, we don't know yet if the module will allow multi-layers sample imports (without multi-channel reserved for 3rd party pro version plugs and play expansion pack) to allow our own multi-layers sample instruments as partially talked before, at release time things will start to be confirmed what will happens if not revealed before.
                Last edited by Chris K; 01-10-17, 09:45 PM.
                Regards
                Chris K

Comment

• BTW, 16 input will be available with usage of yamaha rides as these use single cable connections
                  I don't know why roland decided to use two cables to connect their ride - that is a waste of inputs.But I think it would be easy to create a roland->yamaha converter for ride

I'll probably add a special preset for splitting a dual zone input to two piezo pads for easier usage
                  Last edited by Mr.Boo; 01-11-17, 01:35 AM.

Comment

BTW, 16 input will be available with usage of yamaha rides as these use single cable connections
                    I don't know why roland decided to use two cables to connect their ride - that is a waste of inputs.But I think it would be easy to create a roland->yamaha converter for ride

I'll probably add a special preset for splitting a dual zone input to two piezo pads for easier usage
                    Great to know that, Mr. Boo! It's good to have both Roland and Yamaha compatibility... in order to not waste one input we can simply replace the Roland Ride (CY-12/13/15Rs) by Yamaha ones! Point for Pearl!!!!
                    By the way, do you have any confirmation about the compatibility with Roland hihat pads (VH11/12/13) or Yamaha ones? Sorry if this cannot be disclosed yet

Thanks once again!!!

Comment

• Unfortunately, yamaha hats do not have continuous hat controller. It reports only 4 discrete stages of hat pedal position as far as I remember.
                      At the moment we are concentrated on the roland / pearl hats support and it is working fine already
                      Yamaha hats will need some additional work but I think we will support it too.

Comment

• I never use the edge of the ride, I only plugs one Input Bow\Bell with Roland, able to mix pad and cymbal brand wich is great.

In my opinion Roland Hihat are the best, never tried Pearl but if its coutinuous should be great but they need 2 zone update from strike kit. I think GEO hihat controller are similar to roland since its works with Roland module.

Alesis Strike cymbal look promising probably update later but could probably works already with triggers setting tweak anyway.
                        Last edited by Chris K; 01-11-17, 06:07 AM.
                        Regards
                        Chris K

Comment

Unfortunately, yamaha hats do not have continuous hat controller. It reports only 4 discrete stages of hat pedal position as far as I remember.
                          At the moment we are concentrated on the roland / pearl hats support and it is working fine already
                          Yamaha hats will need some additional work but I think we will support it too.
                          Perfect, thanks a lot for the input! Actually if it works if Roland ones it's already great... I'm curious about Pearl ones as I never had the opportunity to try it out specially here in Brazil hahahahahahaah but at least once a year I visit US and I'm preparing to go to the US again once the Mimic Pro is available on the stores.

Thanks again, Mr. Boo! Great work!!!!

Comment

• BTW. just added a second rim zone support for yamaha XP120 pad, that is very cool feature =)

Comment

BTW. just added a second rim zone support for yamaha XP120 pad, that is very cool feature =)
                              So now it supports 3 zone snare, nice, I always liked the feel of the yamaha silicon and are quiet pad.
                              Regards
                              Chris K

Comment

• it's 4 zone
                                rimi1, rim2, head, rimshot

Comment

Working...
                                X