X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Intruder View Post
    Again with the update stuff.
    If it don't come with it when you buy it, don't count on it ever having it.
    Make all purchases wisely and at your own risk if you keep it past the return time.
    Unfortunately, in current business realms, you should choose between "I need you product asap" and "I need all the features from a list of hundreds of users requests right at the product launch"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post

Unfortunately, in current business realms, you should choose between "I need you product asap" and "I need all the features from a list of hundreds of users requests right at the product launch"
      I think that Intruder was mostly referring to some companies who promised follow ups to the initial release and never came through.... Alesis has gotten a bad rep lately, so has ATV for coming up with a limited module in functions and number of kits/sounds and then asking their first takers to come up with some more money if they want to add new sounds to the very limited initial offering.
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

• the mimic is way better than the module with only 5 drum kits and no editing
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

• The MIMIC PRO will contain the full SSD5 package at release, so I am sure there will be a lot of kits and instruments to choose and easy to find a kit for any style of music which might fit for the most users.
          The only thing which is strange that untill today we do not know too much about the SSD5 package. Will the SSD5 in the Mimic Pro also contain the sounds of the SSD4 Platinum VST or are ALL samples completly new?
          Still not much info to find online about SSD5.
          Last edited by spitfirejoe; 12-02-16, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• SSD5 is all new sounds and more velocity layers than SSD4.

Comment

• Originally posted by perceval View Post

ATV for coming up with a limited module in functions and number of kits/sounds and then asking their first takers to come up with some more money if they want to add new sounds to the very limited initial offering.
              When you enter this market, you better do it with fundamental tools and something new, people want way much more then what others are doing already, you can't record anything with their module or play live, they recorded the drum as you play it in your "home", you can't do this without individual out or editing for recording or live, how the heck you can adjust the sound, all the sound together from the bass drum to cymbal will get change together with external effect device, Try to EQ the cymbal to bass drum, all will get EQ at the same time, you can't do this, cymbal, toms, bass drum, snare need all separated channel, try to play in a specific room, place or recording mix, something will sound wrong, you need to adjust according to the place\mix all frequency. All their cymbal are all close mic don't blend at all with the rest of their instruments while playing, the sound are in your face all the time, and make distinct abrupt sound layer with others instruments blend, their cymbal have 2 velocity switch sound as a fact and confirmed, you can't play any consistent snare chop, you will get the annoying rim same sound all the time repeated, They obviously missed fundamental key for success, most are still looking for 1ms latency while the rest don't works at the first place.
              Last edited by Chris K; 12-02-16, 05:54 PM.
              [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

• Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                43 zones here = 23 pads 9 drums and 14 cymbals i need 2 mimics
                And the problem with that is............exactly lol!!!

K ;-)
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• what can i say, i like variety lol! the other problem is the cost $$
                  Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

what can i say, i like variety lol! the other problem is the cost $$
                    I think you need a boeing 777 to jammin, you catch it ;-)
                    Last edited by Chris K; 12-03-16, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by spitfirejoe View Post
                        The MIMIC PRO will contain the full SSD5 package at release, so I am sure there will be a lot of kits and instruments to choose and easy to find a kit for any style of music which might fit for the most users. The only thing which is strange that untill today we do not know too much about the SSD5 package. Will the SSD5 in the Mimic Pro also contain the sounds of the SSD4 Platinum VST or are ALL samples completly new? Still not much info to find online about SSD5.
                        What I know, there will be no lower velocity multilayers sound with MIMIC Pro, In SSD4 the classic library have 4-5 velocity multilayers, these will be not in MIMIC Pro module, will only use highest velocity multi-layer sound like Deluxe library, for deep and final details, need to wait for release for most everything unless they revealed from them self, there will be way enough individual instruments for a while as a start.
                        Last edited by Chris K; 12-05-16, 02:15 PM.

Comment

43 zones here = 23 pads 9 drums and 14 cymbals i need 2 mimics
                          Does anyone know if the Mimic can accept MIDI input from another module to expand the number of triggers? The TD-20 I know could do this.
                          TD-20 Expanded VExpressions Studio Kits
                          PD-100 tom, PD-120 Tom, PD-120 Tom
                          PD-120 FT, PD-120 FT
                          KD-7 Bass, KD-7 Bass
                          PD-120 Snare, PD-100 Secondary Snare
                          Custom Gibraltar Rack

Comment

• So, long time since I've been on here (good to see some familiar names still here!). Since I got my 2Box, I've been happily drumming away to great sounds and decent playability. This new Mimic has got me interested, though (finally got through this entire thread (whew!)). The one thing I don't care for about the 2Box is the fact that I have to set up the sound of my drums in SD and then import it to the module. Once there, you are pretty limited on what you can change and how much you change it. Plus, it doesn't usually sound quite the same through the module as it did in the SD software even when my laptop was plugged into my edrum sound system while editing. I am no sound engineer so I never really felt like I knew what I was doing when building kits and going back and forth was too much of a pain anyway so I simply found a kit I liked, spent the time to get it the way I wanted it and then never bothered importing anything else because of the hassle.

Sure would be nice to have the ability to make major changes right on the module!! This alone could be enough to make me want this module. I really didn't think I would find myself back in the market again once I got my 2Box because it sounds so good and doesn't machine gun at all but I may be changing my tune once this Mimic module comes out. We'll have to wait and see!

Mark

Comment

• This is a very exciting step forward. I am using a TD50 right now but will likely sell it and get the Mimic when available. The Mimic sound quality is exceptional. I read that they are adding a reverb. Hopefully it is a Lexicon or other nice type of verb. The TD50 reverb is not that great sounding compared to my Slate reverb software. The TD50 ambience is better [even though it is also just a digital reverb].

The Mimic room mics sound amazing. Adding compression to them could cover a lot of ambience needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kromberg View Post

Does anyone know if the Mimic can accept MIDI input from another module to expand the number of triggers? The TD-20 I know could do this.
                                Unknown at the moment and this module is making their debut on the edrum market with something different, if you read from the Initial thread debuts, lots of request have been asked (and outside this thread lol) , #811 #829 the developer is reading all post, taking notes and for future.
                                Last edited by Chris K; 12-06-16, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X