Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never had any objections buying more expensive electronics items from within the EU (I'm German as well). But a €EUR2000€+ unit from overseas which might still be subjective to passing CE compliance, emission tests and such, that remains risky as a private person. It's ok to buy a guitar (when it's clear no forbidden wood was used) or an acoustic drum kit this way, but a complex electronic unit is another thing.
    Just ask yourself, would you try to import a non-EU car that has no type approval yet...?
    Local German distributors or larger dealer can always act as importer, or even 'Generalimporteur', thus taking over the risks, and dealing with warranty, return, RoHS etc.

So, I'd ask myself if being the early bird is always a smart move. Sometimes it's just plain naive, and there's no point blaming authorities, but a point in checking things beforehand.
    Last edited by sascha; 10-12-17, 06:20 AM.
    MarkDrum YES e-kit (+1 crash, Double Kick), modified HH (DIY hall-sensor based circuit)
    Gibraltar 9607NL-DP Legless Hi Hat
    Gibraltar Intruder Double Pedal
    ATH-M40fs + M40x + SRH440 Phones

Comment

• [QUOTE=sascha;n1172513]I've never had any objections buying more expensive electronics items from within the EU (I'm German as well). But a €EUR2000€+ unit from overseas which might still be subjective to passing CE compliance, emission tests and such, that remains risky as a private person. It's ok to buy a guitar (when it's clear no forbidden wood was used) or an acoustic drum kit this way, but a complex electronic unit is another thing.
      Just ask yourself, would you try to import a non-EU car that has no type approval yet...?
      Local German distributors or larger dealer can always act as importer, or even 'Generalimporteur', thus taking over the risks, and dealing with warranty, return, RoHS etc.

My experiences are that those administrations handle those things very different! The officer from the german "ZOLL" which I had today was very friendly and helpful and yesterday I had a guy which was very picky and stright. There is a bandwith in which the can handle things If they will....

On the other side I asked myself the same question as Spitfirejoe "On the other side....how can Drum-Tec or Thomann sell MIMICs then?"

Just wanted to share my experiences with U.

Comment

• Did they ship it to you per US Post? That could be the problem as well, next time try to convince them to use UPS or Fedex, they will take care of all the customs, if they don't want to ship it that way use a parcel forwarder like borderlinx.

Comment

• Originally posted by walkinded View Post
          Did they ship it to you per US Post? That could be the problem as well, next time try to convince them to use UPS or Fedex, they will take care of all the customs, if they don't want to ship it that way use a parcel forwarder like borderlinx.
          Exactly......I did get my MIMIC from Sweetwater shipped by FedEx to Germany....it arrived at Cologne airport by a FedEx Cargo plane and FedEx handled all the customs and import for me for a small fee. The MIMIC is CE certified anyway, so the "Bundesnetzagentur" stuff is just crap and stupid typical german handling of some authority guys who have no clue, trying to make themselves more important than they are.

http://pearldrum.com/support/product...ser-manual.pdf

Just read the manual and check page 54.....it states the MIMIC is certified under EUROPEAN LAW!!!
          MarkuZ you should say to the stupid authority guys that they shall fool another one, 1st April is over and carnival season starts later next month.
          Last edited by spitfirejoe; 10-12-17, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• I am curious if the users that (pre)ordered at Thomann receive their MIMIC today?
            I remember someone said something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by spitfirejoe View Post

Exactly......I did get my MIMIC from Sweetwater shipped by FedEx to Germany....it arrived at Cologne airport by a FedEx Cargo plane and FedEx handled all the customs and import for me for a small fee. The MIMIC is CE certified anyway, so the "Bundesnetzagentur" stuff is just crap and stupid typical german handling of some authority guys who have no clue, trying to make themselves more important than they are.

http://pearldrum.com/support/product...ser-manual.pdf

Just read the manual and check page 54.....it states the MIMIC is certified under EUROPEAN LAW!!!
              MarkuZ you should say to the stupid authority guys that they shall fool another one, 1st April is over and carnival season starts later next month.
              Thanx a lot Spitfirejoe! I totally agree! Sometimes U get lost in this authority universe in germany. I know that some rules are not senseless and so on but that handling is really bull****!
              I will show the ZOLL guys this manual.

Let U know...

Comment

I am very interested on that subject.
                Please, Could you say what was the final price of the product, once added shipping, taxes and duties?

I would really appreciate it
                Last edited by Walse; 10-13-17, 04:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walse View Post

Please, Could you say what was the final price of the product, once added shipping, taxes and duties?

If you go to this page it will calculate everything for you:
                  https://www.gdsk.de/zoll/zoll.php

So let's assume you buy one from sweetwater for 2219 USD and ship it with fedex for 100 USD then you will pay at the end around 2245EUR... However RMC Center sells it cheaper but now next expecting shipment is until 15th of November...

Comment

• Originally posted by walkinded View Post

If you go to this page it will calculate everything for you:
                    https://www.gdsk.de/zoll/zoll.php

So let's assume you buy one from sweetwater for 2219 USD and ship it with fedex for 100 USD then you will pay at the end around 2245EUR... However RMC Center sells it cheaper but now next expecting shipment is until 15th of November...
                    Thank you very much!!

Comment

Ok I do the math.....it was NOT cheap!

I paid exactly 2488.-€€ Euros for everything!

Sweetwater took 2219.- US$ for the Mimic plus 209.-$ for international shipping and handling. That makes 2428.-$
                      I had to pay to FedEx exactly 438.-€ Euros Vat customs tax......makes all together with the actual currency change from US$ to €Euro 2488.- €Euros
                      The shipping and import tax was obviously quite high.
                      Last edited by spitfirejoe; 10-13-17, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Ok I do the math.....it was NOT cheap!

I paid exactly 2488.-€€ Euros for everything!

Sweetwater took 2219.- US$ for the Mimic plus 209.-$ for international shipping and handling. That makes 2428.-$
                        I had to pay to FedEx exactly 438.-€ Euros Vat customs tax......makes all together with the actual currency change from US$ to €Euro 2488.- €Euros
                        The shipping and import tax was obviously quite high.
                        Oh. I'm very grateful!!

Comment

• Hmm.. I paid only 1900USD (=1728Euros€) plus 90Euro Shipping from Edrumcenter. Tax will be the same I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkuZ View Post
                            Hmm.. I paid only 1900USD (=1728Euros€) plus 90Euro Shipping from Edrumcenter. Tax will be the same I think.
                            Unfortunately the current price from Edrumcenter is 2199USD.

Comment

Unfortunately the current price from Edrumcenter is 2199USD.
                              Ask for your price there. Some users here got it for 1900$ this way. If I remember it right, talk to Eric or write him.
                              Last edited by scheinriese; 10-13-17, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• I got my Mimic last Thursday from GC.com but when I opend the box it was quite apparent that it had been used, scratch and small chip in the glass and missing factory kits. Apparently it came from one of their stores and was a floor model. If you have one on order with GC be sure to verify that it is a new one. They apologized and gave me two options, a new replacement which I would have to wait a few weeks for or an additional discount on the floor model.

Yesterday I see that Cascio Interstate is having a 22% off sale, unfortunatley they wont have any MPs in until late November. I then called Musicians Friend and they had Mimics in stock and they price matched Cascio’s sale price. 22% off plus 0% sales tax = 1 Happy Drummer .

GC’s floor model is going back tomorrow. If you are thinking of getting a Mimic take advantage of Cascio’s sale. Promo Code “Go22”
                                ATV aDrums, aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0, Roland SPD-SX, DW Hardware

Comment

Working...
                                X