Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One things I would like if someday possible, it's zone and velocity sound for creativity, I can't believe Simmons done these time in the 80's, and Roland and such, unable to deliver, some had 9 samples on one pad with layers editing, melodic pitch change. These have been used from very popular Bill Bruford, Pink Floyds and so on, would be nice to have things outside "drum" creativity. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6iq5WOJTJM
    Last edited by Chris K; 07-18-16, 01:57 AM.
    [www.mimicpro.com ][ www.dwdrums.com ] [www.zildjian.com]

Comment

• Someone knows where the new videos are?

Three weeks ago Mr. Slate himself stated that new videos are coming....

Sergey, do you know anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by RhysT View Post
        Another query for Sergey,
        Will the Mimic Pro's trigger settings be global (for all kits) and if so will it be possible to store various preferred dynamics presets to select from?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1134822[/ATTACH]
        Yes, these settings are global and there would be presets for dynamics settings (per pad)
        Last edited by Mr.Boo; 07-18-16, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by violaole View Post
          Someone knows where the new videos are?
          Three weeks ago Mr. Slate himself stated that new videos are coming....
          Sergey, do you know anything?
          New videos will be uploaded as soon as they will be ready, may be in 1-2 months.
          I can't provide any details, sorry

Comment

• Sergey,
            Another huge thank you all of your answers and insight. I have a very specific question. I currently use Roland's BT-1 Triggers on my kit. They have a unique combination of piezo/switch that allows the trigger to be mounted to the side of a drum but only sound when struck. I have tried using these triggers with other modules but they do not work as they always sound when the drum they are attached to is played. Will the Mimic Pro be able to support this unique function of the BT-1 trigger? Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
              New videos will be uploaded as soon as they will be ready, may be in 1-2 months.
              I can't provide any details, sorry

1-2 months, maybe??
              I was sure that Mr.Slate was talking about shorter amount of time.... because the video content was already acquired .... or maybe I got wrong his message?!

Comment

• Originally posted by ehrinanthony View Post
                Sergey,
                Another huge thank you all of your answers and insight. I have a very specific question. I currently use Roland's BT-1 Triggers on my kit. They have a unique combination of piezo/switch that allows the trigger to be mounted to the side of a drum but only sound when struck. I have tried using these triggers with other modules but they do not work as they always sound when the drum they are attached to is played. Will the Mimic Pro be able to support this unique function of the BT-1 trigger? Thank you!
                I have not tried that particular trigger and thus I don;t have a 100% answer, sorry.

Comment

1-2 months, maybe??
                  I was sure that Mr.Slate was talking about shorter amount of time.... because the video content was already acquired .... or maybe I got wrong his message?!
                  Sorry I can't comment other people statements.

Comment

Sorry I can't comment other people statements.
                    Ok Sergey, thanks.

I believe that I should curb my enthusiasm.... until when there will be really something to touch, to try, to listen... something real, not only a promising prototype.

In the main time I continue to enjoy the orange....

Comment

Ok Sergey, thanks.

I believe that I should curb my enthusiasm.... until when there will be really something to touch, to try, to listen... something real, not only a promising prototype.

In the main time I continue to enjoy the orange....
                      I don't know why you write this, the module is not available until Q1 2017, there is a long time to wait buddy! the sound are from SSD5, I would rather to have the finishing software with video, then another prototype video, there is already a "prototype" video sound plugins in the phone tough, from namm at kraft web site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSDJEMTiptw
                      Last edited by Chris K; 07-19-16, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• I am excited too about more videos but this appears to me to be a completed module that just needs tweaks. The current videos certainly show it being light years better than anything out there. It looks like it is is a lot farther along than the AD5, but I respect both companies for not releasing until they are 100% happy with it.

The AD5 looked to me like they rushed it out to generate some income. Pearl probably has pretty deep pockets to make sure it is perfected before the final launch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                          I am excited too about more videos but this appears to me to be a completed module that just needs tweaks. The current videos certainly show it being light years better than anything out there. It looks like it is is a lot farther along than the AD5, but I respect both companies for not releasing until they are 100% happy with it.

The AD5 looked to me like they rushed it out to generate some income. Pearl probably has pretty deep pockets to make sure it is perfected before the final launch.
                          I agree the Pearl mimic need tweak and few things to add, but as for AD5, it's not on the same world as Pearl, AD5 is restrictively Roland module based with 4 multilayers sample and lower for crash\ride cymbal, I don't see any innovation added on the current markets, 5 kits, without editing tune\pan nothing, need to waits months for 5 news kits, it's unlikely like any modern\current module release type for 1100$ seriously!
                          Last edited by Chris K; 07-19-16, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

I don't know why you write this, the module is not available until Q1 2017, there is a long time to wait buddy! the sound are from SSD5, I would rather to have the finishing software with video, then another prototype video, there is already a "prototype" video sound plugins in the phone tough, from namm at kraft web site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSDJEMTiptw
                            Yes Chris,
                            totally agree with you..
                            but the hidden question inside my quote is: when we can see finally something ready?
                            I'm so excited for this new products... simply I can't wait to be in the future! :-)

I already watched that video.... tons of times!!!

Comment

Yes Chris,
                              totally agree with you..
                              but the hidden question inside my quote is: when we can see finally something ready?
                              I'm so excited for this new products... simply I can't wait to be in the future! :-)

I already watched that video.... tons of times!!!
                              The release is Q1 2017, I would target near december\january would be finished, they have to prepare shipping and everything for Q1 2017, so the module must be finished before.
                              Last edited by Chris K; 07-20-16, 02:18 PM.

Comment

yes, top, bottom, overhead, room mics could be controlled separately
                                I just found it here in picture, this can change radically the sound of any snare, outside EQ and compression and I guess these are multi-channel wav, added to the existent multilayers sample, not fake like Roland cosm that destruct the sample sound generating multiple eq over eq and eq to simulate their mic, head type etc.. image_28822.jpg
                                Last edited by Chris K; 07-24-16, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X