Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I included demo,https://soundcloud.com/user-761115092/ezd2-hihat-test Td-15\ VH-11, ezd2 stock sound, used.

I found the best fine tune for quick "open and close" without major glitch trick for the hihat is the clutch control on the tops of your hihat until its reach your point of playing, but you have to get it very slow in dial, I have been able to do the rush lavilla strangiato more easily now, and with curve 1 correction with ezd2 stock sound no addons.

but there should be more close to open 1/4 , its a bit abrupt, they should not have open sound 4 \ 5 more closed 1 to 1/4 open, each open level are multilayers sound sample as well, light hit make sound of the tips, harder, more slushy sound on the same open level, but they are using the same sample for tips and edge for open sound.
    Last edited by Chris K; 12-30-16, 07:32 PM.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

• Originally posted by demonocus View Post

I hope its not $1999 cause in Canada it would be $3000 and even 2 grand is a little pricey for me.
      If you compare it to the TD-50 for example it's a bargain...
      (value for money)
      Last edited by scheinriese; 12-30-16, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
        I included a mp3 demo in attach Td-15\ VH-11, ezd2 stock sound, used.

I found the best fine tune for quick "open and close" without major glitch trick for the hihat is the clutch control on the tops of your hihat until its reach your point of playing, but you have to get it very slow in dial, I have been able to do the rush lavilla strangiato more easily now, and with curve 1 correction with ezd2 stock sound no addons.

but there should be more close to open 1/4 , its a bit abrupt, they should not have open sound 4 \ 5 more closed 1 to 1/4 open, each open level are multilayers sound sample as well, light hit make sound of the tips, harder, more slushy sound on the same open level, but they are using the same sample for tips and edge for open sound.
        Chris......if I download your file, I can not hear it because it is an HTML file. Can some others hear it?

Comment

• Originally posted by spitfirejoe View Post

Chris......if I download your file, I can not hear it because it is an HTML file. Can some others hear it?
          when you click, it should be opened with media player sound players, do not open with browser option, or simply when you click, save to your desktop, the files is mp3 format.
          Last edited by Chris K; 12-30-16, 06:14 PM.
          Regards
          Chris K

Comment

• Chris.....thanks.....maybe it is because of my MAC, have no media player. Thanks anyway!

January is on itīs way and soon the NAMM will start, so I am excited about the big news of MIMIC PROīs launch date and more details.

Comment

Chris.....thanks.....maybe it is because of my MAC, have no media player. Thanks anyway!

January is on itīs way and soon the NAMM will start, so I am excited about the big news of MIMIC PROīs launch date and more details.
              now should works, uploaded at soundclouds.
              https://soundcloud.com/user-761115092/ezd2-hihat-test
              Regards
              Chris K

Comment

• yes it works, great thank you very much for the demo! Very good!

Comment

yes it works, great thank you very much for the demo! Very good!
                  Thanks, I still found hi-hat are not correctly done with ez2, noticeable gap from close to semi open, hope MIMIC PRO are doing this differently and more accurate with the hi-hat engine
                  Last edited by Chris K; 12-31-16, 12:45 PM.
                  Regards
                  Chris K

Comment

• I'm very optimistic, that the hi-hats are good in the MIMIC, because most of them in SSD4 are.

Comment

• IMO The Hi Hat play ability is what will make or brake a module. They are the weakest link in all E drums. Lets hope this has had lots of attention in development !!
                      Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                      Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
                      Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

• Only 14 more days and all the answers to the questions will be........answered...no, wait...WHAT?

NAMM 2017!!!!
                        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                          Only 14 more days and all the answers to the questions will be........answered...no, wait...WHAT?

NAMM 2017!!!!
                          they might tell new info but I am not expecting all, Mr.Boo told previously final feature\version will be revealed at release, Q1 is up to April.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 01-04-17, 06:48 PM.
                          Regards
                          Chris K

Comment

• I expect at NAMM 2017 PEARL will show it again, presented by Raymond Massey. I expect nobody else is allowed to play it and record own sounds or videos. I just want to know more details about the kits and cymbals and how many toms can be used at the same time. Also want to know when the exact release date will be. Very curious too if PEARL will show some new own Cymbal Pads specially made for the MIMIC PRO.
                            Last edited by spitfirejoe; 01-04-17, 07:00 PM.

Comment

how many toms can be used at the same time
                              we have a big hints, all triggers Inputs have cymbal choke function stated from pearl web site, also the toms previously answered you could use 7 toms as example, to me it's users end option for trigger input, also all zone are assignable.
                              Last edited by Chris K; 01-04-17, 07:25 PM.
                              Regards
                              Chris K

Comment

• Thanks Chris.....that sounds very good about the toms. I was hoping to see another YouTube video of PEARL before NAMM, but I think we will see more in 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X