Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

ARCHIVED: Official Pearl Mimic Pro Discussion Topic

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergey, if you're interested in useful ideas for Mimic, maybe consider adding a screen page similar to the Kronos Set List mode for easy switching between favorite kits, also possibly up or down using a spare dual trigger input: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUga0pLLgY
    For more info refer to Quick start guide (p16): http://www.korg.com/us/support/downl...al/0/424/2012/
    Last edited by RhysT; 06-27-16, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• How do you know when a new product is grabbing attention?

When users who registered many years ago and are still under 10 posts show up and start to post!

Even drew out a user who registered in 2009 and made its first post ever in this thread!
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

• Quick heads up to also thank and congratulate Mr Boo (Sergey) for sharing so much info on this exciting product. About time some level of real disruption made our way on the hardware side of our favorite toys.

For those who were asking earlier, here is a link to one of the main patent from Roland on PS http://www.google.com/patents/US7902448 - its part of a patent family so there s most likely a suite of several documents and claims but this a very nice and quite descriptive one (very well written because the claims are so wide and open to many interpretation).

All the best for the rest of the product development cycle!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post

I hope that in a few months I'll be able to reveal the functionality of RJ45 port, but I have a rule - at least try to not to make any false promises.
          So, when I'll have something tested and working to show you - I'll be glad to share the info =)
          Hi Sergey,

Before any other consideration, I want to thank you for the opportunity that all of us has to be in contact with someone that practically is developing something that we are waiting for since a long time! Thanks!

Now I can ask you something, regarding the USB, is the port USB only for hosting memory sticks? Will be possible to connect the module via USB to a normal pc in order to perform other actions, like editing of sounds or using the module like a USB/MIDI interface?

I also want to tell you, because I'm an IT guy, that what I aspect from a edrums module, is that it makes my life easy, specially after that I tried to use a normal VST+laptop+midi interface+audio mixer combination.... which means, tons of cables, connectors, noise.... HEADACHE!! I just want to sit on the throne, turn on the module, and get sounds (as close as possible to a real drums) .... and play in the best playability possible!!!
          I believe that we are close to this with the Mimic Pro, and (maybe) the Alesis Strike....
          Thanks guys... this is the right direction! Continue on this!!

Cheers!

Comment

• Hi Sergey,

Few things still unknown for me...Most important things if the software inside Pearl MIMIC PRO does contain the minimum editing such as tune, pan, decay, midi notes, for each instrument....? Right now we don't have really all spec from the software inside the units which can make big difference, SSD5 could only be the library sound used, not necessary the complete software of SSD5.
            Last edited by Chris K; 06-27-16, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• another big thanks to mr boo- sergey for hanging with us to answer questions and giving us the heads up about the mimic module!
              which keeps the speculation down. hope you further hang with us letting us know how the progress is going and continue to answer our never ending questions. we are very excited so hear something that sounds great come out!

One thing that is not clear to me being a newbe at vst based module,
              knowing the legalities, would it be possible to convert multi layer vst files to load ourselves. that would make it even more of a sought after module for sure.
              sorry, ive read the post but need it in plain English as i don't quite understand some of the technical lingo. lol. i read about the one shot, will it machine gun? thanks again!
              Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

• Originally posted by jammin777 View Post

One thing that is not clear to me being a newbe at vst based module,
                knowing the legalities, would it be possible to convert multi layer vst files to load ourselves. that would make it even more of a sought after module for sure.
                sorry, ive read the post but need it in plain English as i don't quite understand some of the technical lingo. lol. i read about the one shot, will it machine gun? thanks again!
                It's has already been answered, for now you can only imports one wav for each pad, not mutlilayer wav for each, one sound only, but he said it's not the final decision...
                He said also others VST could works depend on their Authorization and if they are interested to join "MIMIC PRO Module" like SSD, it's up to them...

I am sure everyone would agree multiple layers wav importing is something many want like 2box, ( Alesis Strike Module), but we can't decide for them, it's their business..but we know they can do it easily and surpass it!

Ps: VST use multiple wav for each instrument (pad) 40 wav files to 127 wav files.
                Last edited by Chris K; 06-27-16, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhysT View Post
                  Sergey, if you're interested in useful ideas for Mimic, maybe consider adding a screen page similar to the Kronos Set List mode for easy switching between favorite kits, also possibly up or down using a spare dual trigger input: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NUga0pLLgY
                  For more info refer to Quick start guide (p16): http://www.korg.com/us/support/downl...al/0/424/2012/
                  Thanks! Looks interesting!

Comment

• Originally posted by violaole View Post
                    Now I can ask you something, regarding the USB, is the port USB only for hosting memory sticks? Will be possible to connect the module via USB to a normal pc in order to perform other actions, like editing of sounds or using the module like a USB/MIDI interface?
                    Cheers!
                    At the moment onboard USB port will be used for USB sticks only
                    I have some experience with PC usb/midi interfaces (as I recording/mixing/mastering some local bands from time to time) - and it looks like if you want to create a really good interface, you should implement it with some very special hardware.
                    I have RME UC400 - and it is rock solid
                    It have a custom FPGA based usb core for audio/midi streaming.

So, to sum it all up - I surely can implement something like USB audio - but I think for such a device as mimic pro - you don't want a semi-working solutions.
                    I'm trying to say that I can't promise you this - as it is really complex functionality (if implemented iright way)

In my opinion - It would be better to buy a good midi-usb conversion cable, and get a really rock-solid solution.
                    Last edited by Mr.Boo; 06-27-16, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                      Hi Sergey,

Few things still unknown for me...Most important things if the software inside Pearl MIMIC PRO does contain the minimum editing such as tune, pan, decay, midi notes, for each instrument....? Right now we don't have really all spec from the software inside the units which can make big difference, SSD5 could only be the library sound used, not necessary the complete software of SSD5.
                      Obviously, I can't give you all the details as the device is still in development.
                      But mimic software will have pan/decay/tune for sure.

PS That is not a direct port of SSD4 or SSD5 sampler software to the MIMIC platform.
                      The thing is that I'm the author of Steven Slate Trigger1 / Trigger 2 plugins, and SSD4 / SSD5 virtual instruments
                      So I just know how to write these kind of applications =)
                      The mimic software is written from ground up as it should be highly optimized for this particular platform.
                      That is not something like VST instrument hosted on some VST host under windows
                      We are going the hard way here =)

Comment

Obviously, I can't give you all the details as the device is still in development.

PS That is not a direct port of SSD4 or SSD5 sampler software to the MIMIC platform.
                        The thing is that I'm the author of Steven Slate Trigger1 / Trigger 2 plugins, and SSD4 / SSD5 virtual instruments
                        The mimic software is written from ground up as it should be highly optimized for this particular platform.
                        Fantastic, I think if you could do the fundamental editing like you did with SSD4, tune, pan, decay, attack, sustain, release (very useful with touch screen), would be very useful to create our own sound from our preference, and then saved presets\kits and even possibility to share them exported via USB.

Anyway thanks for all these reply and taking the time to answered all these question, I will lets you finish this software

Ps:Still having hope imports 3-4 multi layers wav

Best
                        Chris
                        Last edited by Chris K; 06-27-16, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

Ps:Still having hope imports 3-4 multi layers wav

Best
                          Chris
                          YES!
                          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Is it correct that you can do EQ and compression on each mic in each drum kit? Will there be a reverb effect as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

Is it correct that you can do EQ and compression on each mic in each drum kit? Will there be a reverb effect as well?
                              Yes, eq and comp on every direct mic plus eq and comp on rooms and overheads (all is the same way you have in VST + DAW)
                              Reverb is planned too =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post

Thats something SSD4 was missing.. Reverb. Hope they have a good quality one for SSD5
                                Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                                Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
                                Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Working...
                                X