Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

The Products forum is for product discussion & advice. Please do not ask technical questions. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

VH 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH 13

Can anyone suggest anything to reduce or eliminate the loud "clonking" noise when the VH13 Hi Hats are closed

Hi,
    you can place some small foam roll or some circle foam on the bottom cymbal plate or something to reduce the sandwich noise effect.
    Last edited by Chris K; 02-27-18, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I used the little circular felts that are for furniture legs etc, I got a pack of various sizes from a hardware store for 2.00, they even have adhesive on them.

Comment

haggis-man Sorry to bump an old thread, but appreciate the tips here as I'd love to reduce the clomping sound of my VH-13s. I really like the furniture pad idea (particularly since I know I have some extras lying around the house Did you place them on both the top and bottoms cymbals? Did you line most of the edges or just certain spots? Is it holding up well? Would love any feedback you have as I'm definitely thinking about giving this a shot - thanks!
        TD-30KSE - contemplating the TD-50 digital upgrade package...

Comment

I used 4 pads spaced out around the bottom pad only, you don't need any more than that. Each pad is about 1.5cm in diameter. They've held up really well and are also easily removed.
          Go for it!

Comment

Thanks, bud! Will do! Appreciate the response.
            TD-30KSE - contemplating the TD-50 digital upgrade package...

Comment

Happy this was bumped as it's been an issue for me too. I'm going to try this myself, but I'd like some advice before I place these; how close to the edge of the bottom HH should these be placed?
              E-kit: TD50KV with KD A22, SPD-SX, BT-1, Acoustic: DW Custom, Maple Mahogany, Zildjian K Customs, Sweet and Darks, Pork Pie Thrones, Tama Speed Cobras and DW HW, Zildjian sticks. Midas 32C, MD421, EV ND46, ND96, SM57, SM81. Past kits include Roland TD9 Mesh and TD30K.

Comment

I will like to know as well. I just tried it but the VH-13 won't close completely and as a consequence it triggers as if it is open all the time, no matter how hard I press on the hihat pedal...

Comment

Working...
                X