Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Alesis D4 and what trigger pads??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis D4 and what trigger pads??

having used my Alesis D4 for years and years now, I still haven't come to the point dumping it for any reason (guess I do still like the sounds).

The only thing I really would like is getting a more natural feel on the kick & snare part...

So, is it worth it just to spend money on a V-drums kick & snare pad? Will the D4 respond accurate enough to these?

Thanks for any response!

Tom

If you like the mesh heads then it's good to spend some money on the Roland V-pads. On the other hand: with a Pearl Rhythm Traveller kit and <font color=ff0000>ddrum</font> or <font color=ffff44>Trigger Perfect</font> triggers you will have good pads, decent triggers and mesh heads as well and save a lot of money.

I am not gonna advice the Hart Dynamics or Pintech drum pads here, because they are not for sale in Holland. Only with extra shipping costs and tax from the USA.

If you don't like the bounce feel of mesh heads, you could consider ddrum or Yamaha pads with real drumheads, but - as with Roland - they are quite expensive.

I don't know if the pads trigger well with the Alesis module. In general drum brains work best with their own drumpads for specific funtions like positional sensing and velocity switch sounds. But I don't think the d4 has positional sensing, so if the soft and loud strikes are translated very well, you can go with it. Test before buy.
    Robert

Comment

I doubt whether mesh heads will work good on the D4. Probably the best work 'normal' drumpads like Roland PD-5 6 7 9 or Yamaha PD80s. Then the dampened real headed pads(ddrum) then the mesh headed pads.
      This is what I think, never tested it though.
      Music was my first love...

Comment

I have a D-4 and all the Roland pads I use (PD-5/7/9, PD-120, FD-7, KD-80) work with it just fine....
        TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Thanks all!

Should give it try one of these days.

Tom

Comment

veel succes

Comment

Godverdomme

Stu
              "Fry that sound effect, Moriarty, we're having it for breakfast"

Comment

Hahahahahahahahaha anybody calling Rob???

Stelletje idioten!

Comment

You will be disappointed with the Rhythm Traveler/Trigger Perfect set up. You'll have many "missed hits".

Comment

Originally posted by cliff:
                    You will be disappointed with the Rhythm Traveler/Trigger Perfect set up. You'll have many "missed hits".
                    The pads are too small for you, or do the triggers not work properly (with the Alesis d4)?
                    Robert

Comment

Mesh heads with triggers on the side doesn't work perfect. Small vibrations don't arrive at the trigger since the mesh head dampens itself a little bit or something I guess.

Comment

The D4 "misses" your "hits".

Comment

I'm not sure about Hart, but Pintech stuff is certainly available in Europe. Try either www.staxdrum.com in Belgium or www.pintech-uk.com in the UK. Don't know how it performs with the Alesis though. The Pintech website will probably tell you... www.pintech.com

Schmunk
                          TD-8, Pintech pads, Pearl rack, Mackie SRM-450, Behringer 802 mixer and DSP1400 UltraMizer, Electric Sticks.

Comment

Working...
                          X