Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

42Box Hi-Hat Conversion Kit for 2Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• angr77
    replied

For you ones that owns a Roland VH-13 hi-hat and 2Box...there is a VH-13 version available of the Zourman Drums Hi-hat Conversion Module for 2Box DrumIt Five.

The VH-13 impedance range actually differs quite alot from the VH-11 and VH-12 versions - so it needed its own version to make it perfect!

Have a look at:
    http://zourman.com/product/zourman-d...kit-for-vh-13/

Best Regards

Anders Gronlund / www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied

Zourman Drums introduces hi-hat conversion models with Virtual Clutch functionality.
    The new added virtual clutch models includes support for Roland Fd-X, VH-11 and VH-12 hi-hats and the 2box DrumIt Five module!

Virtual Clutch is a system where the hi-hat pedal position variable can be set in advance between open/closed. A perfect solution for drummers with double kicks who sometimes need the ability to set the hi-hat in to near closed position. A switch on the front panel will set the Zourman hi-hat module in virtual clutch mode. A potentiometer adjust the open/closed position. One feature is that the pedal will still work as usual when in virtual clutch mode...but will go from the fixed position to closed when pressing down the hi-hat pedal.

Interested? Have a look on http://Www.zourman.com

Best regards

Anders / Zourman.com / Premium hi-hat conversion modules for 2box.
    Last edited by angr77; 03-12-17, 02:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied

Happy New Year to everybody at the VDRUMS forum!

I wonder how next year will look like when everything is launched! :-) Will there be any surprises - probably!

Don't forget to vote in digitalDrummers Readers Choice 2016. https://digitaldrummer.typeform.com/to/Iz1gLL -
    Hard to find anything to vote for - please place your vote for Zourman Drums and our Roland Conversions for 2box!
    There are also some other great solutions nominated like the VersaTrigger Wireless trigger - a real game changer!
    So place your vote!

Best Regards

ANGR77 / www.zourman.com

Last edited by angr77; 12-31-16, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year and some free time behind the drums!

Anders Gronlund / Zourman Drums

Leave a comment:

• Deude-Mann
    replied
    Yep I remember following the standard calibration procedure. I think the Roland pedal was just not consistently sending out the same value when it was fully closed, so the unit would occasionally act as if I had the hat opened a very small amount.

At any rate, everything is working fine and I am happy with the converter module.

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Hi!

Many great thanks for the review Deude-Mann!

Regarding your small issues with FD-8, did you put the Zourman Drums Conversion Module in "calibration" mode when doing the 2box hi-hat callibration...and when done with the process...switch it back to normal mode. It should handle the closing of the hi-hat completely. But as you say...there is several ways to do the optimal hi-hat calibration. :-)

Personal note from Zourman Drums.
    I am getting amazed and thankful for all e-drummers who who have invested in my hi-hat box (Drummers who and seems to have an old Roland hi-hat and also is using a 2box module), because the sales have gone way beyond my wildest guess...and with 3 partners in the world (Jobeky, Drum-tec and Electronic drum center) it feels very good to been able to fill a needed gap!

Many great thanks!

Best Regards

angr77 / www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• Deude-Mann
    replied
    So I purchased one of the Zourman units two months ago and have been using it since. It works very well! I am using it with a Roland FD-8 pedal (and a DIY A2E fixed cymbal) and the 2Box Drumit 5 module, and honestly I don't even think about the converter being there at all. I just play, and it works. Anders (angr77) has also been very helpful with email questions about the module. It is great that it does not require batteries, so once you set it up, it is good to go forever.

One tip - When I initially calibrated the module, I had trouble getting the hi-hat to close all the way after calibration. I think the FD-8 was a little inconsistent at the end of its stroke (pedal down). So I recalibrated the module again, but lifted my foot a very tiny amount from fully bottomed, say about 1/8" or less at the front of the pedal. Once I did that, the hi-hat closed fully, and it has been working great since. This is a very minor deal, and is more likely an issue with the Roland FD-8 (or my foot).

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied

Zourman Drums hihat conversion kit adds support for Roland VH-12.
    A new model of the Zourman Drums Hi-hat Conversion module for 2box has just been launched now including native support for the Roland VH-12 hi-hat.
    Read more at:
    http://zourman.com/product/zourman-d...kit-for-vh-12/

Best Regards

ANGR77 / Zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied

Zourman Drums
    and our Roland hi-hat conversion kit for 2box have been nominated in digitalDrummer Readers Choice 2016. A fantastic recognition!

So 2box users and supporters of Zourman Drums, please vote for us and our solutions online at https://digitaldrummer.typeform.com/to/Iz1gLL - and we will hopefully increase our chances to win this prestige award! There are also other great solutions nominated like the VersaTrigger Wireless trigger - a real game changer! So place your vote!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Hi All!

A new version of the manual for Zourman Drums Hihat Conversion Kit(Formally 42box) can now be found on Zourman.com. (Support section)

I have now officially added support for FD-7 and the new FD-9.

Mr "De...Lo" thought my 2box screenshots in the manual looked strange and that one of tweaking tip was a bit unclear...so I have fixed it and redrawn the screenshots to now be top notch! :-)

Have a look at:
    http://media.zourman.com/2016/07/ZD_...D8_VH11_14.pdf

Best Regards

Angr77 / Zourman Drums Hihat conversion kit for Roland FD-7, 8 and 9 plus VH-11 and 2box Drumit Five!
    Last edited by angr77; 08-01-16, 04:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Thanks!!!

Leave a comment:

• adi
    replied
    Originally posted by angr77 View Post
    Hi!

I am celebrating today...I am getting 50th years old....so I have a great discount on the Zourman Hihat Conversion kit. Have a look at Zourman.com!

Best Regards

angr77/Zourman.com
    Well, Happy B-day to you!

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Hi!

I am celebrating today...I am getting 50th years old....so I have a great discount on the Zourman Hihat Conversion kit. Have a look at Zourman.com!

Best Regards

angr77/Zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Hi again!

I just released a new manual for the Zourman Hi-hat conversion kit (formally 42Box) for FD-8/VH-11 with some small tweaking tips. You will get a 100% working Roland hi-hat implementation by just using the standard calibration scenario, but it is actually possible to tweak it even further to be able to reflect your play style even better. What I have seen in my tweaking tips is there seems to be a connection between the impedance on the bow sensor (which need to be cooled on Roland hi-hats with some resistance) and how easy or hard it is to create a foot chick. A too high cooler value (50k ohm) will make it very hard to create a foot chick(sample number 9) and a too low value will make the foot chick to misfire. About 20k ohm seems to be a sweet spot on my hi-hat solution. (There is a variable resistor on the HH kit)

On VH-11 there is also a mechanical way to transfer the hi-hat to be more open or closed by just routating the hi-hat pedal screw on the hi-hat top a quarter turn against open or closed. This will make the hi-hat to react in a smoother way.

There is also a nice way to adjust the samples if you think the especially hi-hat sound cuts too sharp by just adjusting the "hold" parameter on 2box DrumIT Five module.

For more HH tweaking hints....in general or especially for the Zourman Hh Kit...have a look in the new manual:

http://media.zourman.com/2016/05/ZD_...D8_VH11_13.pdf

Best Regards

Angr77/ www.Zourman.com

Leave a comment:

• angr77
    replied
    Hi all!

For not confusing e-drummers of the fantastic 2box (and the related trademark) with the 42Box hi-hat conversion kit, I have created a complete new trademark for my hi-hat conversion kit: Zourman Drums!

At the same time when releasing this new trademark, I am also releasing some mechanical improvements of the kit, a M6 mounting point and all connectors on the same side of the box!

Some other great news is that Jobeky Drums will start to distribute Zourman Drums HH conversion kits for the UK!

Welcome to visit http://www.zourman.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X