Announcement

Collapse

Products Posting Guidelines

ADVICE/PRODUCT DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

42Box Hi-Hat Conversion Kit for 2Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angr77 View Post

Great idea!
    As you already have the needed jacks on the current box, why not do it double purpose (e.g. HHC or RRd-2BCy) - switch modes with a micro switch ie ?
    ATV aD5
    Tama MetroJam mkII A2E

Comment

Originally posted by pumpal View Post

As you already have the needed jacks on the current box, why not do it double purpose (e.g. HHC or RRd-2BCy) - switch modes with a micro switch ie ?
      Anything is of course possible...actually my original design the 42Box (yes the name is "for" 2Box) I had support for 3 different hi-hats using micro switches, but I dropped that to drive down complexity and the cost. If somebody needs a certain hi-hat conversion, he or she will will only be interested in that one function and buy the actual 42Box. So I will add models of hi-hats if people are interested. VH-12 is one modell. Other functions like the Roland three way rides to converted to the 2Box format is also a real interesting function...which I personally would be interested to have! (So we will see in the future...if market and the feeling is right...)

Here is another video how to configure the 42Box and VH-11 plus an unknown 2Box secret...

https://youtu.be/wPLW52dNNZ0

Best Regards

Angr77 (www.42box.se)
      Last edited by angr77; 04-09-16, 03:19 AM. Reason: Wrong video..
      Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3,5,5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Hi All!

Thanks for all interest in the 42Box Hi-hat conversion. (2Box users, e-drummers and dealers/retailers)
        The 42Box site is up and running and the shipping costs and tax stuff have been updated to the customers favour! :-)
        There is also an updated manual available with tricks and tips how to make your Roland Hi-hat, 42Box module and your 2Box Drumit Five module to run as smooth as possible!

www.42Box.se

Best Regards

ANGR77

Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3,5,5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

I am looking at getting a 2box module and this looks interesting.

Comment

A great review of the 42Box Hi-hat conversion kit can now be found in the may edition of digitalDRUMMER, Page 36.

Read it online for free at: http://en.calameo.com/read/00430531086758c58e5cb

Best Regards

ANGR77 / 42Box.se

Comment

Hi all!

For not confusing e-drummers of the fantastic 2box (and the related trademark) with the 42Box hi-hat conversion kit, I have created a complete new trademark for my hi-hat conversion kit: Zourman Drums!

At the same time when releasing this new trademark, I am also releasing some mechanical improvements of the kit, a M6 mounting point and all connectors on the same side of the box!

Some other great news is that Jobeky Drums will start to distribute Zourman Drums HH conversion kits for the UK!

Welcome to visit http://www.zourman.com

Comment

Hi again!

I just released a new manual for the Zourman Hi-hat conversion kit (formally 42Box) for FD-8/VH-11 with some small tweaking tips. You will get a 100% working Roland hi-hat implementation by just using the standard calibration scenario, but it is actually possible to tweak it even further to be able to reflect your play style even better. What I have seen in my tweaking tips is there seems to be a connection between the impedance on the bow sensor (which need to be cooled on Roland hi-hats with some resistance) and how easy or hard it is to create a foot chick. A too high cooler value (50k ohm) will make it very hard to create a foot chick(sample number 9) and a too low value will make the foot chick to misfire. About 20k ohm seems to be a sweet spot on my hi-hat solution. (There is a variable resistor on the HH kit)

On VH-11 there is also a mechanical way to transfer the hi-hat to be more open or closed by just routating the hi-hat pedal screw on the hi-hat top a quarter turn against open or closed. This will make the hi-hat to react in a smoother way.

There is also a nice way to adjust the samples if you think the especially hi-hat sound cuts too sharp by just adjusting the "hold" parameter on 2box DrumIT Five module.

For more HH tweaking hints....in general or especially for the Zourman Hh Kit...have a look in the new manual:

http://media.zourman.com/2016/05/ZD_...D8_VH11_13.pdf

Best Regards

Angr77/ www.Zourman.com

Comment

Hi!

I am celebrating today...I am getting 50th years old....so I have a great discount on the Zourman Hihat Conversion kit. Have a look at Zourman.com!

Best Regards

angr77/Zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                    Hi!

I am celebrating today...I am getting 50th years old....so I have a great discount on the Zourman Hihat Conversion kit. Have a look at Zourman.com!

Best Regards

angr77/Zourman.com
                    Well, Happy B-day to you!
                    Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi All!

A new version of the manual for Zourman Drums Hihat Conversion Kit(Formally 42box) can now be found on Zourman.com. (Support section)

I have now officially added support for FD-7 and the new FD-9.

Mr "De...Lo" thought my 2box screenshots in the manual looked strange and that one of tweaking tip was a bit unclear...so I have fixed it and redrawn the screenshots to now be top notch! :-)

Have a look at:
                        http://media.zourman.com/2016/07/ZD_...D8_VH11_14.pdf

Best Regards

Angr77 / Zourman Drums Hihat conversion kit for Roland FD-7, 8 and 9 plus VH-11 and 2box Drumit Five!
                        Last edited by angr77; 08-01-16, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Zourman Drums
                          and our Roland hi-hat conversion kit for 2box have been nominated in digitalDrummer Readers Choice 2016. A fantastic recognition!

So 2box users and supporters of Zourman Drums, please vote for us and our solutions online at https://digitaldrummer.typeform.com/to/Iz1gLL - and we will hopefully increase our chances to win this prestige award! There are also other great solutions nominated like the VersaTrigger Wireless trigger - a real game changer! So place your vote!

Best Regards

Anders / www.zourman.com

Comment

Zourman Drums hihat conversion kit adds support for Roland VH-12.
                            A new model of the Zourman Drums Hi-hat Conversion module for 2box has just been launched now including native support for the Roland VH-12 hi-hat.
                            Read more at:
                            http://zourman.com/product/zourman-d...kit-for-vh-12/

Best Regards

ANGR77 / Zourman.com

Comment

So I purchased one of the Zourman units two months ago and have been using it since. It works very well! I am using it with a Roland FD-8 pedal (and a DIY A2E fixed cymbal) and the 2Box Drumit 5 module, and honestly I don't even think about the converter being there at all. I just play, and it works. Anders (angr77) has also been very helpful with email questions about the module. It is great that it does not require batteries, so once you set it up, it is good to go forever.

One tip - When I initially calibrated the module, I had trouble getting the hi-hat to close all the way after calibration. I think the FD-8 was a little inconsistent at the end of its stroke (pedal down). So I recalibrated the module again, but lifted my foot a very tiny amount from fully bottomed, say about 1/8" or less at the front of the pedal. Once I did that, the hi-hat closed fully, and it has been working great since. This is a very minor deal, and is more likely an issue with the Roland FD-8 (or my foot).
                              2Box Drumit5 Module with external card mod
                              DIY A2E conversion thread (link below)
                              https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...version-thread

Comment

Hi!

Many great thanks for the review Deude-Mann!

Regarding your small issues with FD-8, did you put the Zourman Drums Conversion Module in "calibration" mode when doing the 2box hi-hat callibration...and when done with the process...switch it back to normal mode. It should handle the closing of the hi-hat completely. But as you say...there is several ways to do the optimal hi-hat calibration. :-)

Personal note from Zourman Drums.
                                I am getting amazed and thankful for all e-drummers who who have invested in my hi-hat box (Drummers who and seems to have an old Roland hi-hat and also is using a 2box module), because the sales have gone way beyond my wildest guess...and with 3 partners in the world (Jobeky, Drum-tec and Electronic drum center) it feels very good to been able to fill a needed gap!

Many great thanks!

Best Regards

angr77 / www.zourman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X