Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42Box Hi-Hat Conversion Kit for 2Box

Hi!

I just wanted to "push" for a new hi-hat product which helps users of Roland FD-8 and VH-11 hi-hats to be connected to the 2Box e-drum module.

https://youtu.be/eXP1m2b5-JE

Best Regards

ANGR77 (the 42box can now be found under the brand name zourman Drums) Zourman.com
    Last edited by angr77; 08-03-16, 02:29 AM.
    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

This looks really good.

Would you please make a diagram of how you connect the cables into this conversion kit between the 2Box sound module and the VH-11 / FD-8?

You know that the VH-11 has two cables that needs to be connected: the hi-hat controller cable labeled HHC, and the hi-hat cable labeled HH. Where do these cables need to be plugged into 42Box, since I do not see any similar labels on it.

Thanks.
    Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

Comment

Fair price for a rugged solution that's reliable for gigging and makes use of the VH-11's own sensor.

I'll probably be one of your customers depending on how the Alesis Strike goes.

Could you demonstrate pedal chicks working as well?

P.S. I'm not fond of the sharp cut 2box does to the samples when closing the hats, but that has nothing to do with this 42Box. Just saying, the next firmware needs an adjustable fade out.
      ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
      Community Drum Module Document
      PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Nice.
        Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
        Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
        Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Originally posted by adi View Post
          This looks really good.

Would you please make a diagram of how you connect the cables into this conversion kit between the 2Box sound module and the VH-11 / FD-8?

You know that the VH-11 has two cables that needs to be connected: the hi-hat controller cable labeled HHC, and the hi-hat cable labeled HH. Where do these cables need to be plugged into 42Box, since I do not see any similar labels on it.

Thanks.
          Hi. The 42Box has two inputs, one for the pedal and one for the e-pad(bow/edge trigger) just to suite the Roland FD8/cy5 or VH-11(pad and pedal )

Check 42box.se, in the manual and the related movies, for more information.

Best Regards

Angr77
          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Looks very interesting...Will VH-13 or VH-12 hats work as well?

Comment

Originally posted by drumlab84 View Post
              Looks very interesting...Will VH-13 or VH-12 hats work as well?
              No. They require other settings. We will see in the near future if we add support for these hihats also.

Best Regards

Angr77

Comment

Excellent! I might consider a 2box now. How well does the snare head and rim trigger on a PD125 with the 2box?

Comment

A request angr77 for you to consider,

Do you think you could also design an adapter for Roland ride cymbals in the future?

Similar to what you have done, 2 jacks to 1, so that 2box is compatible with all 3 zones of the CY-13/15R.

Very interested in your thoughts.
                  ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                  Community Drum Module Document
                  PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                    P.S. I'm not fond of the sharp cut 2box does to the samples when closing the hats, but that has nothing to do with this 42Box. Just saying, the next firmware needs an adjustable fade out.
                    For the abrupt cut of foot chick - try adjusting the "hold" paramater of the hi hat sample. Just make chicks and dial it up until you are satisfied

Comment

42box?
                      Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                        42box?
                        It sound like, For 2box=42box lol

Comment

Just so we don't forget, I have been building a 2Box HH conversion controller/box for 2Box since 2011, and offering it for sale on my website and forum classifieds since 2013. It makes it possible to use almost any electronic cymbal or E Hi Hat with the 2Box module. And it works with All the Roland HH cymbals and FD7/8 pedals. But even if you have no Roland HH pedal and just have a HH stand ...... that is all you need and an eCymbal.

Here's a list of some of the Ecymbals or E HH setups people are using with my Stealth 2Box HH Stand Conversion kit:
                          Roland Cy-5, Roland Cy-6, Roland Cy-8, Roland VH-11, Roland VH-12, Roland VH-13, Roland FD-7/FD-8 using stationary HH cymbal, Alesis ProX Hi Hat and other Alesis cymbals, Pintech E cymbals and E Hi Hats, Yamaha E Hi Hats and E cymbals (a minor mod may be necessary with Yamaha depending on model: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1010.0.html ) and of course my own Stealth "Real" Dual zone HH cymbal set. And that is not a complete list, just some of the well known brands.

I have had 100% positive feedback from users that have switched from the original 2Box HH to my conversion box..... always confirming the improved performance.

Like I say, just as a reminder since mine has been around for years. I'm just sayin and pretty much covers all the options ..... J

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post
                            A request angr77 for you to consider,

Do you think you could also design an adapter for Roland ride cymbals in the future?

Similar to what you have done, 2 jacks to 1, so that 2box is compatible with all 3 zones of the CY-13/15R.

Very interested in your thoughts.
                            Great idea!

Best Regards

ANGR77

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
                              Just so we don't forget, I have been building a 2Box HH conversion controller/box for 2Box since 2011, .....
                              ​We won't forget Jerry, although shipping costs and douane tax can become a point to consider
                              Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X