• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the fun begin

Comment

• Originally posted by hyperspd7 View Post
      Let the fun begin
      Congrat!, don't know if you are aware, Alesis published update\ editor *coming soon* to their download page.
      Last edited by Chris K; 04-19-17, 02:55 PM.
      Regards
      Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

• Got them set up. Initially I had the issue with Tom4 rim ghost triggering. I raised its threshold setting like 4 clicks and it went away. The hi hat is ok. I already see the issue. The spring mechanism that sits inside. It pressures the hi hat open and you get an unnatural bounce that a real hi hat doesn't. Not saying it's terrible, but needs work. I need to tweak the settings and see how good I can get it. You will never get a totally natural hi hat out of it. I play with my hats semi open and loose on the felts. Not gonna happen here.

Overall the kit seems pretty high quality. There's quite a few great preloaded kits. Several are just dumb. I did not dig into modifying the sounds yet. Long day and I'm done for the night.

*headphone volume is weak.
        Last edited by hyperspd7; 04-19-17, 09:22 PM.

Comment

The spring mechanism that sits inside. It pressures the hi hat open and you get an unnatural bounce that a real hi hat doesn't. Not saying it's terrible, but needs work. I need to tweak the settings and see how good I can get it. You will never get a totally natural hi hat out of it.
          *headphone volume is weak.
          I actually PUSHED the top hat down to make it compressed a bit, and that helped. Yes headphones are quiet, even with noise cancelling ones like a vic firth. I am using with a small Behringer Microamp Ha400 Ultra-Compact 4-Channel Stereo Headphone Amplifier and it is louder but I still have it maxed out and am receiving some audio noise/feedback bc of that. Hope they can pump the levels up in a future firmware release.

I have ALL my wires and stuff now (last item being delivered by Amazon today), hoping for some recording tonight, fingers crossed....
          Last edited by z3speed4me; 04-20-17, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by z3speed4me View Post
            ...but I still have it maxed out and am receiving some audio noise/feedback bc of that. Hope they can pump the levels up in a future firmware release.
            Please check your PM's.

alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

• I am calling Alesis today to give them feedback on these items. The headphone issue MUST be addressed. One of the biggest reasons people buy these kits is the ability to play through headphones. This issue is unacceptable to me.

I hope that all purchasers of this first round, will give feedback to Alesis. These are things a software engineer can easily tweak. Hell give me the source code and root access I'll do it myself!

Comment

I am calling Alesis today to give them feedback on these items. The headphone issue MUST be addressed. One of the biggest reasons people buy these kits is the ability to play through headphones. This issue is unacceptable to me.

I hope that all purchasers of this first round, will give feedback to Alesis. These are things a software engineer can easily tweak. Hell give me the source code and root access I'll do it myself!
                Let us know what you find out. Hopefully it's not a hardware issue, I've seen a few people mention it at this point.

Comment

• Just spoke to customer support. They were aware of all 3 issues. Weak headphone volume, hi hats being difficult and the tom4 ghost trigger. I specifically asked if others had reported this issue and was told they were getting calls. I was told they are releasing FW update to address all of these, but had no ETA. I was told sooner than later. lol.

Comment

• Just just did the same about my output from headphones, they are aware, will be addressed in firmware and expectation is soon "in the next few weeks"

Comment

• it would be interesting to see how well the hi hats work as compared to say the td 20 or 30 vh 11,12 and 13 open close articulation and samples in between.
                      Pearl Mimic pro on pre order, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, Gibraltar rack, VH13, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500,
                      BBE Sonic Maximizer

Comment

• Ughhh, video just listening on the phone playback has tons of bad sound noise feedback, I'll see if I can filter out somehow tomorrow, if not it will have to do for now.....likely would sound horrid on some speakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                          it would be interesting to see how well the hi hats work as compared to say the td 20 or 30 vh 11,12 and 13 open close articulation and samples in between.
                          hi-hat is something struggling on Alesis supports forum, to a point of "working correctly" stage..some worked better with phone supports, others still no. Maybe with the update, most will be better.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 04-20-17, 10:16 PM.
                          Regards
                          Chris K

Comment

ghost trigger.
                            Someone at Alesis forum decreasing the brightness lcd on his module, all trigger starting ghost, back brightness to a normal stage, went away, it sound like electric interference in the module, maybe related metal shielding within the module, not sure if it's only his module or all..could be nightmare, might be only defective power supply.
                            Last edited by Chris K; 04-21-17, 02:25 AM.
                            Regards
                            Chris K

Comment

•  

Comment

• Can anyone who already got his Strike tell if the hi-hat is single-zone or dual-zone? There were a lot of rumors that it may be dual-zone but in the materials (website) or in any video that I've seen so far this was never confirmed. My feeling is that it is just one zone like in DM10, otherwise they'd be bragging about it all the time.

Also, can you assign different sounds to Ride's zones or is it just one sound for the whole cymbal (as in DM10).

Comment

Working...
                                X