This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official ATV aD5 Discussion Topic

Not much detail, but here it is: http://digitaldrummermag.com/NEWS.html shapeimage_7.png
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

And more info on ATV's website, if you enjoy reading in Japanese...

Here's a run down that I can find:
    Factory 5 kit (can be added)
    KICK
    SNARE (3 Zones)
    TOM 1
    2 TOM
    TOM 3
    HI-HAT (2 Zones)
    HI-HAT CONTROL
    CRASH (2 Zones)
    RIDE (3 Zones)
    AUX 1 (2 Zones)
    AUX 2 (2 Zones)
    OUTPUT L / R: Mono standard phone X2
    PHONES: standard stereo phone
    AUDIO IN: stereo mini-phone
    MULTI TRIGGER INPUT: a dedicated multi-connector
    AUX TRIGGER INPUT 1/2: TRS standard phone
    USB: 2.0 Type B connector (High Speed)
    ATV LINK: RJ45 LAN connector
    SD CARD: SD / SDHC card
    DC IN: supplied AC adapter only
    DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

And some pictures

Comment

I like the brushed alu look. Not a fan of having to deal with a cable snake.

Only 5 factory kits, that starts well... no crappy boing boing sounds from kits nobody uses.

Can only guess the sd card slot would be for loading other kits.

The ATV link RJ45 is probably to hook up to their other hardware, like mixers and stuff.

Only one month to wait... that's not too bad!

Finally something new to talk about!

Comment

From another Japanese site, looks like ATV comes from Roland's roots! Lots of employees defectors from Roland to ATV.
          Could this be the Roland module most were looking for? A sampled based Roland module?

Today, at the Tokyo hotel, ATV new product launches of the company that was held. This ATV is emerging manufacturers ikutaro kakehashi who is the Roland founder launched. It is "Legend" has created a number of name of the machine, I came back to the musical instrument industry and coming out with a new product!

Ladder Mr.
          ATV (ATV Co., Ltd.) per job of Chairman of, President The Muroi Makoto, who has been involved in product planning and development of many years electronic musical instruments and professional video / sound at Roland appointed. Other staff are also almost been hardened by Roland graduates.

Comment

Looks to be true, that it works will at least Roland and Yamaha pads!
            there was a demo but I can't find a video of it.

Comment

Looks very interesting. The edit screen looks like Roland. I found the English website: http://www.atvcorporation.com/en/products/drums/ad5/

Comment

This new module and company are the brainchild of Ikutaro Kakehashi? He's the founder and ex-CEO (now retired) of Roland Corporation. Roland is no longer really Roland. They were bought out by a group of investors back in 2013. So if Kakehashi is behind this offering, he's competing with his old company. Good! It's about time something stirred up Roland's dominance and cocky attitude vis-a-vis V-Drums. Maybe this new module and company can do it. Ikutaro Kakehashi likely has the experience, business and technology connections, and financial ability. It's nice to see the demo using both Roland and Yamaha pads. That's a plus right there. It's a logical step given it likely doesn't take much to support the different triggering mechanisms of Roland versus Yamaha pads and cymbals. I'm actually excited to see where this leads! Finally, something new that seems worth following! Thanks (Peter) for the link to the English site. I had looked all over for that and could not find it. :-)

Last edited by TangTheHump; 12-09-15, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Some information I gathered from the ATV English web site...

President and CEO: Makoto Muroi
                  Executive Chairman: Ikutaro Kakehashi, founder of Roland Corporation

The company has startup offices as follows:

Tokyo Head Office
                  ATV AUSTRALIA Pty. Ltd.
                  ATV Group Corp. USA
                  ATV EUROPE LDA (Portugal).

There are no technical specs yet, but there are plenty of philosophical snippets defining what the Company is about. Here are some examples:

A whole new universe of drums awaits!
                  Artware is what makes it all possible – the player's true friend.

We firmly believe that musical instruments have the power to inspire people. This is not something revealed through functions and specs, but something more emotional. The so-called soul of the instrument that creates this feeling is what we call Artware. Maybe it is the happy union found from the player and instrument growing together along with pure instrumental enjoyment. Craftsmanship, the true value of a musical instrument, can also be found in electronic musical instruments. Even in these modern times, where throwing things away is easy, we still want to offer electronic musical instruments that are long-loved and long-used. The aD5 breathes life, called Artware, into electronic drums and makes the days you spend with it seem full and complete.

There is something we try not to forget as a continuous creator. We are determined to create something with high added value for “professional” users, rather than pursuing unnecessary figures and quantities and falling into the trap of commodification. This is the real idea behind our slogan “Better BEST than BIGGEST”. ATV Corporation has proposed the concept of “Artware”. Not only hardware and software, but also an artistic sense rooted in human sensibilities is essential to audio and video equipment. For example, we believe we cannot be satisfied with just “a sound close to the real instrument” as a goal for electronic musical instruments. Only once we have achieved “an unknown sound greater than the real instrument”, we consider ourselves to be the one and only BEST, the existence we have long yearned to achieve.

Comment

The fact that Kakehashi-san is behind the scenes gives this great promise. I hope I'm about to eat my own words regarding a point I made about them not being able to change. Also, being made in Japan, inspires early confidence in build quality.

We have something to talk about this Christmas yay!
                    ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
                    Community Drum Module Document
                    PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

Its very cool that it plays with both Yamaha AND Roland pads ( As Shown ) !!! That would be a VERY versatile module !

Edit ( Actually they "STATE" you can use any other drum Manufacturer pads with this module ) Also looks like you can use ANY hi hat set up !!!
                      Last edited by yzf125; 12-09-15, 03:14 PM.
                      Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                      Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
                      Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Very exciting! From the site, it seems as though they are trying to create a professional instrument which is great. We will soon see how marketing meets reality.
                        BDrums

V-Pro TD-10 Expanded, SPD-S, TD-7, Vintage Gretsch Acoustics, Buttkicker, Red Shot triggers, Octapad, Syndrums, MPC and an array of other crazy old electronic drum gadgoids...

Comment

Kabonfaiba wrote:
                          The fact that Kakehashi-san is behind the scenes gives this great promise. I hope I'm about to eat my own words regarding a point I made about them not being able to change.

You have no words to eat as I understand it. This is *not* Roland. It's a new company. Roland and V-Drums, for now, are the same as always. This new module, along with whatever new ideas it brings, has nothing to do with Roland.

Last edited by TangTheHump; 12-10-15, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TangTheHump View Post
                            This new module, along with whatever new ideas it brings, have nothing to do with Roland.
                            That I like Roland Who ???
                            Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                            Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, EZD2
                            Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Yamaha MG06, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

The display INST EDIT page looks intuitive and the 3 snare zones should allow preferred rim sounds to be assigned.
                              Last edited by RhysT; 12-11-15, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X