Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware Version 1.21 is out and can be downloaded from the ATV website.

Opening of ATV Sound Store is postponed (again). Should open "late December" now.
    Last edited by scheinriese; 12-07-16, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by puttenvr View Post
      There wasn't much to vote for, e-drum wise
      so I would vote for the ATV Ad5 as well
      There are quite a few new products in the digitalDrummer Readers' Choice poll: https://digitaldrummer.typeform.com/to/Iz1gLL

. digitalDrummer
      Review index

Comment

• What about the new sounds?!?!?! I hate when the companies don't comply with their promises....

Comment

• Well, apparantly in Japan they march to the beat of a different drummer...
          Maybe their definition of "late December" is the last second of 2016?

To be serious: I got a mail from the Corporate Manager saying that the new sounds should have come out on or around the 20th.
          But now they are "waiting to have some clear information on when the ATV Sound Store will be up and running."
          They are "very anxious to have the sounds online but the web page is being fine-tuned in Japan."

Personally I don't think the Store will be online in 2016...

If it isn't online until NAMM 2017 this will be even more embarrassing than it is yet...
          Last edited by scheinriese; 12-26-16, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scheinriese View Post
            Well, apparantly in Japan they march to the beat of a different drummer...
            Maybe their definition of "late December" is the last second of 2016?

To be serious: I got a mail from the Corporate Manager saying that the new sounds should have come out on or around the 20th.
            But now they are "waiting to have some clear information on when the ATV Sound Store will be up and running."
            They are "very anxious to have the sounds online but the web page is being fine-tuned in Japan."

Personally I don't think the Store will be online in 2016...

If it isn't online until NAMM 2017 this will be even more embarrassing than it is yet...
            Thanks a lot for the update!

Comment

Some news from ATV about the aD5/ATV Sound Store:

- Sound Store opens "in the beginning of December" (URL: store.atvcorporation.com)
              - Store will have 30 new instruments/sounds
              - Sounds will NOT be free of charge (although pronounced and promised otherwise)
              - for the "first aD5 users" (whatwever/whoever that might be) they'll issue a "coupon to download sounds from our store"

Software Update Version 1.2:

- Supported ATV SOUND STORE website where you can purchase additional instruments for your aD5.
              - Supported Yamaha 3-zone cymbal pad for ride trigger input.
              - Supported drum triggers manufactured by Roland, ddrum and 2Box.*
              - Supported Roland BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad.
              - Supported overwriting an existing backup file.
              - Added Pad Level screen that you can quickly access from the home screen.
              - Added Output Gain parameter and you’ll get +3dB output with this firmware.
              - Fixed some minor issues.

* Supports ddrum/2Box drum triggers only for using with mesh head.

2017:

"Following the same philosophy of the aD5 we will launch our first ATV e-drum kit. It will be something else, with new triggering technology and with an acoustic look and feeling to it with different sizes."

I think The lauching of The new sounds will coming with a "new software update" for their proprietary pad/e-drum kit... Not until Namm 2017!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikevdrums View Post

I think The lauching of The new sounds will coming with a "new software update" for their proprietary pad/e-drum kit... Not until Namm 2017!!
                The software update is already on the site (and on my module!). Sounds will come in January. And new pads .... who knows?
                . digitalDrummer
                Review index

Comment

• Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
                  Sounds will come in January.
                  Where did you get this info?

Comment

I think it's just a suggestion as ATV didn't deliver yet

Comment

• This is what I found today on their Japanese Twitter account (using google translator since I don't speak Japanese):

"We are waiting for you, ATV SOUND STORE, but it became difficult to publish within the year. I apologize that I will slip in January. I am sorry for the user of aD5 that you are waiting for, but since I will do my best to make it available as soon as possible, please wait for a while."
                      Last edited by scheinriese; 12-29-16, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• this is very disappointing.....I wish the e drum community was larger so there wouldn't be all these delays with products

Comment

• The price of the AD5 module is lowered
                          https://www.thomann.de/nl/atv_e-drum_module.html
                          Is there a new module on the horizon?
                          Robert

Comment

• Originally posted by puttenvr View Post
                            The price of the AD5 module is lowered
                            https://www.thomann.de/nl/atv_e-drum_module.html
                            Is there a new module on the horizon?
                            I don't think so. I guess it just sells badly. No wonder if you see what they do with their customers... Reputation gets worse and worse...

BTW: I'm done with ATV and the aD5 - too many let-downs in a row...
                            I just bought a used TD-30 module for a good price on ebay. Looking out for the MIMIC Pro to come out in Europe, if it's good I'll buy it, if not I'll keep the TD-30.
                            At last I got back using VSTs with the aD5 because of lacking usable sounds but for that purpose the TD-30 suits better in my opinion (more inputs, rimshot sounds on toms, etc.).
                            I also ordered a new drumset from Jobeky.

Bad for me that the price for the aD5 is lowered so I would get even less money than I expected. So unfortunately maybe I'm forced to keep the aD5 as a backup or so...

Comment

From ATV Australia.
                              . digitalDrummer
                              Review index

Comment

• Store coming late December the promo site says.
                                I see they are right on time still
                                "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

TD30, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Working...
                                X